BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Yeaaaah… I think I like the sets just the way LEGO made them. All of these “fixes” and modifications just look weird to me and lose whatever aesthetic or design LEGO was going for with each character…

6 Likes

I dunno what they were trying with Kopaka, but I specifically designed Gali with the roman aesthetic in mind

1 Like

What have I done (๏╭╮๏)

1 Like

Oddly enough, I like the original Gali more. I don’t mod the sets cause I like to keep them as they are regardless of what I think could be changed, but actually, this time I’ll leave them like they are cause the mods suggested actually don’t work for me.

1 Like

The only sets I’ve modified are Kulta andd Umarak. I made Kulta taller and added some more armor to fill in his chest gap and gave him some claws on his feet. All I did for Umarak was find places for his extra Shadow Trap parts and I put some half bushings into the blue pins near his neck.

1 Like

I really only modded Gali because her proportions were ticking me off. I made her shoulders slimmer, and arms a bit longer so she’d look semi-feminine. And then I thought “Hey. What if I changed everything else too?”
And
Well
Um
The rest of the mods happened.

I didn’t modify that many sets either
hehe
umm
//sweats nervously
Yeah, they’re definitely all the same as how I bought them…
Definitely don’t have a topic dedicated to all the mods
Yup

1 Like

Well while others may not appreciate it I think the mods here are pretty well done. Definitely an improvment to the set in my opinion.

As for me I didn’t modify my 2015 Toa much, but from what I’ve seen the Uniters are in some need of an overhaul.

I think I understand why some people don’t like modding but to be honest mods are rarely made for the community, they’re made for the owner. It’s interesting to see people fit the set to their ideas and tastes. I don’t agree with every mod out there but seeing people’s take on already made sets is inspiring.

And really, if Bionicles were not meant to be changed or reconfigured I don’t think it would have gotten far as a buildable action-figure line :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I literally have bags of parts ready for when I get the rest of the toa (and ketar)
So freakin ready to begin the overhaul

1 Like

I’m going to see if I can make Kopaka a viking when I get him, and Tahu an aztec.

1 Like

Kopaka- Scandinavian Viking
Tahu- Japanese Samurai
Gali- Maori warrior
Pohatu- Aboriginal warrior
Onua- Germanic Dwarf warrior
Lewa- Aztec warrior
Ekimu and Makuta- Egyptian/Elven/Mordor warriors
Umarak- Slavic/Celtic warrior
Kulta- African Voodoo warrior

11 Likes

http://i.imgur.com/J74KvzH.jpg
Staaaaahp thissss crazzziiiiineeeesss! Sets must remain pure! :wink:

4 Likes

Oh yes, they shall remain pure…
Purely modded!
Bwahahaha!

6 Likes

With Ekimu’s armor, yes totally. But I would think either Aztec or Native American with the skull armor. And Gali as an Atlantean, a.k.a. Greco-Roman-ish.

@Tarvaax At least till the next year’s sets. Nothing wrong with modding then returning to normal only to rinse and repeat.

1 Like

You know, I’m always revamping my sets…

I’m gonna level with you guys, when I was a child a set would only last a week or even less before becoming MOC fodder. No joke. Now I’m different and I think it’s a terrible crime to take apart my sets because I buy them as action figures, rather than as parts that can make things. It all depends on the buyer’s mindset. Constraction figures are awesome because they can be two things. They can be an action figure first and foremost, or they can be parts that you use to build your own things. This does lead to problems though, like the whole torso controversy that we’ve been having lately. People hate the new torso for being non-MOC friendly, while I love it because I buy action figures, not parts. Appeasing everyone is a slippery slope, a slippery slope indeed.

6 Likes

Listen, it’s not MOC fodder, it’s MOC potential. I mod the sets because it’s neat to think of different ways to “armor” them.

1 Like

Im also talking about cultures that have tattoos that would also fit with the characters and their elements. So Aztec (if there is any tattoos for it) isnt as sharp as Japanese can be, and Greeks and Romans have no real tattoos that stand out when compared to Maori ones (plus Gali can sport the chin tattoo like Maori female warriors have).

For me they WERE MOC fodder, because I didn’t mod the sets. I tore them apart maybe three days after playing with them and made whatever I truly wanted the set and its parts for. (Most of the time it was a Transformers MOC, which usually turned out pretty… Okay. I also made a pretty okay rayquaza once) :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s not to say I never rebuilt them, I did on several occasions because I was really into BIONICLE’S lore and characters. However… when you really need that one part…

3 Likes

Exactly, when I was a little girl I used all my sets to build random (and actually quite horrible) MOCs, to this day I regret that and I am trying to rebuild every set I can. This isn’t hapoening to me again, all must remain pure!

I am Queen business now.

See, I don’t moc, I try to and they turn out horrible. What I do end up doing is revamps, fixing any flaws I find with the toy while trying to maintain the same aesthetic, like fixing their proportions, evening out color schemes and stuff like that.
I’m pretty good at those, aaaand they look similar enough to go along with canon

1 Like