BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Late Happy New Year bonkly guys. (Sorry, just came back)

Any news to highlight?

1 Like

Well, we did find out the reason that Tahu and Kopaka have the unity piece in their legs is because the designer put it there for MOCers to build their own creatures, then an argument started due to that and yep, that’s about it.

So does anyone think that we’ll ever see 2016 prototypes? (maybe in the same fashion we saw the 2015 ones)

1 Like

I think we will there is no reason for us not to see them, unless lego decides we shouldn’t =P

Haha, very true. To anyone who has the sets, can you tell us what you like and dislike about, and explain what you dislike about them?

2 Likes

Went to barnes and noble today to look for 2016 sets, only two sets were there. There was pohatu front and center and tahu had fallen over behind a nexo knights set. There were two skull warrior boxes that were smashed into a thin wreck and many of the skull warrior boxes looked half opened.

What horror came apon that shelf

8 Likes

I meant "So, everyone, I just got K/M today. Yeah, it was the only bionicle 2016 set in that target, and yes there was barley any LEGO 2016 at all at my Target.

The warriors must’ve found a way out.

Anyways, i’ve had no luck finding any sets myself… :sweat:

1 Like

Ive found switching out Pohatus neon green lower arm pieces with his lower leg pieces improves the overall look of him. The neon green pieces look better on the upper legos and dont stick out much

1 Like

Hmm could you post a pic?

Ugh that’s a hard question. Well… I’m in the position where I’m liking 2016 more than 2015, because the sets appeal to my inner-BIONICLE fan. They feel right, despite being weird and wonky in several different ways. If you were a big fan of the Inika build before it got stale, you’ll love them right away.

From an objective standpoint some might say:

1. Their colors are weird.
  2. Their proportions are awful compared to last year’s sets.
  3. They don’t like the change in style, and they feel that these sets are less cohesive.
  4. Some might not like the weapons.
  5. The creatures and Umarak are the highlight of the wave

Everyone seems to universally agree that the creatures and Umarak are just as good, and perhaps even better than last year’s sets.

I however, was on detail withdrawl, considering I followed HF throughout its whole run, so the smooth and plain aesthetic was getting stale, just like the Inika armors did after a while. I think these sets are great BIONICLE sets. They might not be the most amazing or proportionally correct humanoid sets, but they’re amazing BIONICLE sets.

5 Likes

Does that mean the 2015 sets made great HF sets? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hahaha! No that’s not what I mean. Last year we got great humanoid sets, but they were missing that… weirdness the BIONICLE I came to know and love had. The… weird width and length variety BIONICLE pieces had. The shapes of a Metru Toa, for instance, was humanoid but at the same time alien.

I loved 2015, and I wasn’t the type of person that “wanted the old sets back” or the type that said “these aren’t BIONICLE they’re just HF”. I didn’t even feel the need for detail. Now that we have it again and the sets feel more traditional, I have to say that his change makes my inner child happy.

5 Likes

Here some pics of the reconfigured armor for potatoe

I switched his upper leg and lower arm pieces

Also tahu looks godly with the mask of creation, perhaps intentional for that upcoming poly bag

6 Likes

I’ll say this as objectively as I can

These are amazing toys for people who just care about them being able to work well as you know…action figures

These are underwhelming toys for those overanalize em aaand for those who care much about looks.

But seriously like Jang said in his Potato review, these figures are just better an any G1 set as far as poseabilty goes.

The main complain I see is about looks rather than build and playability.

Now as Biased as I can be…

AYYY AWESOME BONKLE SETS 10/10

1 Like

That reconfigured armor just doesn’t work/ Maybe removing/relocating the extender piece will help.

Me:

BIONICLE community:

Oh well can’t wait to get the sets here in straya (Australia).

3 Likes

Actually, I have one more objective thought, with a bit of my own subjective opinion thrown into the mix.

These sets BLOW 2015 OUT OF THE WATER as toys. They are far superior in that aspect, as they have the standard range of motion without shoulder pads and heavy weapons to weigh their arms down. They have standard articulation PLUS waist articulation, and the masks don’t pop off as easily because of the new eyestalk. Masks also feel a smidge tighter than they were before. Some even have functions on their weapons. Then there’s the combining feature, which adds another yet another function onto some of the Toa.

7 Likes

This^
Give this man the awards people. Which ones? All of eem
(Or just likes since that is all we can give to this lucky peep with all the sets):stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I feel like it looks better because the neon green armor blends in with new add on while balancing out the brown on the armsv

2 Likes