BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Well we are all Aliens so I dont understand you need to make something feel different than it is.

That idea really STEAMS me up.

1 Like

Don’t worry, I won’t tell them until I see the pic. @lambda_cla3391 said he had them, but alas…no pics were posted…

@TeslaEffect good…goood…let the puns flow through you.

1 Like
2 Likes

But but…Ekimu said his brother…unless Makuta is tomboy!

Still waiting for my Galiikir pics :imp:

1 Like

Not quite metal, more like some variation of rock, but it does sound like something Tahu would listen to :o

Where I live, its not uncommon to call your kid as “sine” (Son), regardless of if its a girl or a boy, also “brate” (brother) can be used as bro, and as well as brother regardless male or female (cause male dominated society and all that jazz made us use it more often). Example: “Gali bro, why u do dis?”

BUT, I really dont think the LEGO story writers went super in-depth with the meanings, so Makuta is simply the brother of Ekimu, as in both are males.

would be really weird if it turned out that the MoUP changed Makuta’s body into that of a girl, that would kind of akward.

Aw cool!

~W12~

I’ve heard brother used before to refer to a comrade or someone who you work closely with regardless of bender. Though i suppose that is a point against the idea of Makuta being female, just in terms of set design, the option is their.

I just think it would be hilarious if after all this fuss over the Mask Of Control, its revealed the horns are actually pigtails.

Mmh, this raises a question of whether music exists in G2. In G1 we had music that the Matoran would create, but not so sure about G2 given all the tribes are more under-threat from attack so would have less time for music and relaxing.

1 Like

The second after Makuta put on the mask.
http://s00.yaplakal.com/pics/pics_original/5/3/1/6004135.jpg

It gave him sweet curly hair and a nice pink tutu, awesome, I want that mask just for the hair alone, the tutu is an added bonus (but only if it meshes with the colour scheme).

2 Likes

Oh god…what thread have you guys started??

Anyway, this is the type of song that shouts Umarak to me. Careful, don’t watch if epileptic

1 Like

https://■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■-the-unstoppable-for

This song works well for Umarak, or for all the G2 villains in general.

1 Like

I think this song works pretty well with Umarak, y’know cuz hunting n stuff. :3

You guys are arguing over the most trivial things. XD

1. Gail is female regardless of the build because LEGO says so. What she “looks” like shouldn’t matter because she’s a robot with muscle tissue and biological organs. She’s not 100% biological so having a “shapely” body isn’t all that important.
  2. Makuta is male because all material referencing him specifically calls him a “he”.
  3. All of you read too much into this stuff. :stuck_out_tongue:
3 Likes

Hey robots have feelings too ya know.

Also another good one for Umarak before we be making a new topic for this (or be heading to an old one)

1 Like

I see Onua listening to Batoven (sorry if I buchered that) since he a kinda chill guy

2 Likes

my sets are finally on their way :smiley: FINALLY I WILL HAVE THEM ON MY HANDS!

Ill do that, but my camera is meh…

y u do dis?

3 Likes

You better boast about it some more when they arrive (plus send pictures).

1 Like

By Friday, or if the worst case scenario happens you’ll have to wait until the weekend is over and get them next Monday. :wink:

2 Likes

That was never the discussion - was more so about the representation of how females are shown and how to spot female sets during the time if no gender confirmation is given. Along with the neutral nature of G2 sets.

I missed this at the time due to not reading the books, however it was part of the above point. Even if we get confirmation of the character’s gender in other material, the sets are gender neutral a majority of the time in G2 - and linked back to my comment about the creatures, do they have genders?

How long did yours take to ship after placing the order? When they arriving? Which did you order?

Bump.