BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Why world…why.

I have a great idea for a MOC…

Now how would I go about maybe having a “patent” on said MOC?

Someone’s bound to try it before me :frowning:

1 Like

Can we just admit that Furno’s legs actually looked feminine?

Ladies and Jentlemen, the only reason anything BIONICLE ever looks female: we know it is, and our minds do the rest.

If LEGO had made Vizuna a female, you’d all be arguing why Vizuna looks feminine.

~W12~

4 Likes

I’m going to steal your spaggettie monster idea. thats what you’re thinking of right :wink:

No she’s not. She’s a LEGO figure.

To be fair, no one’s arguing that Korgot looks female, just Gali.

5 Likes

TBH, it’s usually the mask which helps a Bionicle character look feminine or masculine. It can also arrange from armor placement and size, but most of the time, I think the mask helps the look.

Except insofar as where the Graphic novel is concerned. People said that Korgot looked fem a few 100 posts up.

~W12~

1 Like

I don’t know why but I wonder what music each toa (including Umarak) would listen to.
I feel like Umarak would listen to death metal though :smiling_imp:

Can we get some quality fanart of Umarak with long hair shredding on a guitar? XD

Pohatu listens to Linkin Park, naturally.

1 Like

Umarak
I’m on the HIGHWAY TO MAKUTA!
:smiling_imp: :notes:
Gali listens to Shakira. 'Cause her hips dont lie (new waistgear… y’all get that joke :smiley: )

4 Likes

Tahu listens to…skillet?

Gali listens to owl city?

Onua listens to instumental.

and Kopaka listens to the Frozen soundtrack.

3 Likes

We need Quality Fanart of the 2016 toa dancing to “Hips don’t lie” :DDD

1 Like

A song that I think would go good with Umarak is Skyhunter by Dethklok. It’s basically a song about being hunted :smile:

Should have been HIGHWAY TO KARZAHNI.

Anyway, the Gali femenine argument is just ehhh to me, afterall some girls do look masculine…cough cough.
Regardless, I still like Gali as my top 2 set of 2016

3 Likes

Well, Umarak is the hunter, not the prey.

then again I have no idea what the context for that song is, seeing as I have not listened to it. :smiley:

1 Like

And vice versa cough me cough XD

1 Like

Hey, if anyone has Ikir and Gali could you unite them? i have at least two bad jokes for em!

i dont know if this is metal but i think this is the type of music Umarak would lisen to:

NO! PLEASE! SPARE THE INTERNET!

Actually, the internet cant be hurt much more. so whatever, shoot.

1 Like

I think a well done female villain would be nice, sleek and feminine yet not as overly sexualised as Roodaka - would help set G2 apart more - given we didn’t have too many female villain sets in G1.

xD Yeah, i still like the figure, just would be nice to be able to tell a set’s gender somehow rather than just being told in story. Though admittedly Bionicle characters probably sell better as appearing neutral in set form and having gender be an aspect of the story.

I kind of like the idea that similar to the Men In Black 3 alien, he has a Shadow trap that lives on/in him. Something he can deploy if cornered or (similar to Lazerbeak from Transformers) for surveillance/hunting.

I think in terms of the Hero Factory aesthetic and the smoothness of main CCBS pieces (when compared to textured pieces included in the sets) a lot of sets looked a bit neutral in terms of gender.

The graphic novel is a bit of a mess in terms of artistic style and representation to the character. Though admittedly female characters do seem to be portrayed with different proportions in the animation/graphic novel rather than how they appear in set form.

I guess its really character over sets in terms of whether a gender is concerned.

For example; Makuta could be revealed as female for G2, given we haven’t heard Makuta speak and the set designs are neutral.

True, some girls do look masculine. Nothing wrong with looking masculine or feminine whether male or female. I just mentioned it in the idea of wondering how we’d recognise future sets in terms of whether they are male or female if either gender can appear masculine or feminine in set form (E.g. Korgot)

A GIF or video would be better. We also need them dancing to caramelldansen Just generally more fan stuff overall.