BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Ugh silver corrupted masks?! Why Lego why?! This time the whole face part of the masks instead of just the top parts of them?! Why Lego Why?!

I thought the 2015 summer wave was pretty good, but 2016… Not looking so good

Is that a rock or a mask that Ekimu is stepping on?

edit : found 'em

Ekimu looks very prelim

Umarak looks alright

All the beasts look bad, lava beast looking the worst and storm beast looking the least bad.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind Umarak the Destroyer if he wasn’t the same character as Umarak the Hunter. Hopefully there’s an explanation to this awkward transformation (guessing mutation). I can’t really say too much now, because these are leaks and things change, like with Onua 2016.

2 Likes

UMARAK TD hands are geared!

3 Likes

Looks to be a Black/Gunmetal version of Umarak’s mask.

ok, the images aren’t blurry, im just stupid and I didnt open them, they all look ugly, there is a pretty big lack of new molds, but well, if they are real, can we say the beasts are like dark creatures or something like that?

What did you do to find it? I’m having no luck!

First impressions are that these are definetly legit. As of right now none of them look appealing, but I hope my opinions will change once toy fair comes along.

The Beasts all seem to be humanoids similar to the Invasion from Below monsters, even down to a similar head design.

Ekimu will probably get some printing to cover up his chest and maybe his mask. I like his hammer but that’s about it.

I need to see more of Destroyer Umarak. Because right now he doesn’t look too good. Such a shame.

2 Likes

Ah now that ttv doesnt hand out leaks any more, I have to go out and find them myself no more baby stuff for me.
5 minutes later.
Only found old 2015 leaks and gnucleor is always somewhere, how does any one have the sanity to find leaks.

5 Likes

Same here.

A 4chan ccbs thread, you’ll have to scroll down a bit.

(it’s not the main toy thread though)

Hmmm, Umarak the Destroyer’s MoCo seems to look like it melted into his face. You can definitely see the mask is weathered and stretched, and the horns of the mask have become actual horns. That’s actually really cool.

In other news, I’m 78% positive UtD and the beasts will look better with their jaws shut.

4 Likes

Looking at Lava Beast’s legs, it looks as if some 10 year old attempted at a custom Bionicle leg design with some extra parts. The beast also has some type of weapon twirl function. I actually made a MOC using a function that may work just like that one.

I’m wondering if Storm Beast has a different torso build. I’ll just have to wait until Toyfair, and maybe just leave it at this.

1 Like

FOUND THEM.
:joy:
They’re pretty neat (Although, I’d prefer the original MoCo).

1 Like

Just saw them; They look pretty real.

1 Like

those look… garbage. brain attack wave 3

should there be a different topic for this?
this isn’t really a leak discussion topic.

2 Likes

I really, really, REALLY hope they are preliminary, because the only sets that looks decent in Ekimu, and even that makes me cringe just writing it.

1 Like

They’re fine. I find no reason to complain. I have no issue.

These look legit. Now while others may dislike this a lot I don’t. Of course, this doesn’t mean people should just stop complaining, they’re entitled to their opinions. They might need to grow on me but otherwise they’re ok, I guess.

Ekimu: Straight up bad. Nope. No idea why his chest is trans blue, dunno why LEGO set designers have issues with color distribution. Really confusing. He looks like a cryogenically froze him.

UTD: Not too shabby, honestly. Yeah, his hunter aspect is gone, but being a destroyer with some dinky swords and bow instead of some decent claws isn’t my cup of tea. I actually really think the MOCo on his face all crippled and mutated is nice. I feel like it needs to be more Umarak, though, maybe bigger antlers, buffer legs, etc. Also not big on him being yellow.

LB: Well, he’s ok. His legs look really bad, but other than that, the torso is neat and I like his whirly swords.

QB: Again, not terrible. Legs are weird but his half crystal build is interesting and I see some whirly swords.

SB: Did Aquagon become a Bonkle character? This dude looks below average. Once again, some really poor looking legs, thin as tree-branch arms, and nothing really special.

Something I really like is how the beasts kind of look like mutated Shadow Traps, they all have some sort of shadow trap integration into them. Neat.

3 Likes