BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

No. No no no no no. Ugh. Those look really… REALLY lackluster. It feels like we’ve gone from all of the awesome proportions and builds BIONICLE has had last year and the first part of this year, and backtracked to brain attack and HF’s awful use of CCBS.

Umarak isn’t the proper Titan set we deserve. I’m really disappointed in the BIONICLE team.

7 Likes

They look bad! What if the silver masks are actually dark gunmetal colored?

1 Like

The amount they have re-used The ribcages really throws me off. They could had done a new mold instead of copy-pasting it from skeletons all with their super chestpiece too.

It’s just…

4 Likes

Honestly, I wanted actual animals as the beasts instead of something that came straight out of Hero Factory. I mean these look like they belong in HF, including Umarak. That and Ekimu is apparently a ghost now.

6 Likes

ghost leak confirmed

2 Likes

I think they are legit but like REALLY early versions of the sets. On the actual sets there is of course more detailing and colors may be changed so i’m not forming a opinion just yet.

Although it is pretty dissapointing the Beasts are just humanoids. :confused:

5 Likes

“this is going to be a great year for bonkle”
-Asriel Dremurr 2016

I dont know what to think about them…

1 Like

He is a titan but yeah, not one we deserve, the pose makes him look shorter but I’d believe due to his long torso he will still barely reach the size of Grievious.

I was thinking the same thing.

Yeah some feral four legged beast with broken chains would have been nice but this…

1 Like

I am legit angry right now. I was enjoying the hell out of 2016 and then this shows up. I am so dissappointed, Lego could’ve done anything, ANYTHING AT ALL other than this and I would’ve been fine, but no, let’s make near clones for the beasts. Unbelievable.

@Bbrin I agree full-heartedly that it is disappointing that these “beasts” are just humanoid freaks.

7 Likes

I… I have to say I really hate these guys. They just… they don’t seem to have the same thought and passion put into them as the 2015 and early 2016 sets. They really seem half-a**ed.

6 Likes

I just noticed that storm beast is holding a silver-green 2016 kopaka mask.

1 Like

lets look at the positives
yeah I see none

Eh, transparent light blue Mask Of Creation?

2 Likes

Man, I can’t wait to order some of their parts from bricklink.

all those exlusive “NEW” parts

Well one thing is sure Creatures are NOT beasts

I might be able to love Storm Beast, Storm beast seems pretty cool at least. The other two look like Hero Factory sets, Ekimu… actually does look awesome. Umarak the Destroyer… maybe I’d love him if he didn’t use the Hulk chest piece. I DO like that he looks like Ganon though.

3 Likes

I’m usually the most critical type, but to be honest I’m just going to wait until toy fair and set reviews before I slam these poor fellows. I have a feeling the blending, printing, and actual IRL pictures will show them in a slightly better light.

Ekimu’s box has an exploding mountain with a beam of light, it’s giving some heavy Slizer vibes. What could it be?

8 Likes

Look closely at the shadow trap on Quake Beast, and closely at the left hand of Lava Beast. They’re holding Silver/Green Tahu and Onua masks.

4 Likes