BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

“Now up to one new parts! Maybe two, we don’t know!”

I like how, as angry as I am right now, I write this with a straight face.

3 Likes

This is how we’re going about it, mostly. It’s the best way to do so.

8 Likes

This is why LEGO would prefer that we don’t see leaks, guys. :joy:

6 Likes

So the Beasts stole only the 20$ Toa’s masks.

5 Likes

well why did they bother to make awfull pictures spend some time designing proper sets first :joy:

1 Like

I really do hope Umarak is actually trans yellow and not trans light green like skull scorpio.

1 Like

my god kopaka and onua always lose their masks, first skulls villains take them, then these… monstrosities

1 Like

To see how their work looks like in CGI.

I still am disappointed in these because compared to 2016 this wave just flops. They’re still ok, though. I actually really like Umarak the Destroyer.

Things LEGO Designers need to work on:
-Color distribution
-Leg sizes

5 Likes

Silver/Green Masks are actually ok with me since the Toa might have lost both their elemental power and have been corrupted. The volcano is fine as well.

3 Likes

umarak the destroyer exept for the yellow is a clear upgrade though

1 Like

Finally found these pictures.

Ekimu is cool I like the trans blue MoC but I feel he chest could have more gold printed on it.

All thes beast seem cool in concept but when I look at the poses and cgi boxwork they literately look like they are straight from invasion from below. I realy wish they included two infected masks in each beast so we could have a complete series of masks.

I will say while umarak is completely different to what I expected I really dont want to buy for the fact it would be on a shelf in my bedroom where i sleep at night.
That said I still like him

I really with we got more new weapons in these two waves, all the beasts just reused old weapons. At least we get the skull spider legs in trans purple.

5 Likes

Perhaps they are poisoned masks not drained?

1 Like

I feel like these sets just lost their Bionicle-ness, like they aren’t Bionicle sets anymore.

3 Likes

Well, they’re covered in @Political_Slime 's insides so I’d say poisoned.

2 Likes

So far, new molds:
-Destroyer MoCo
-Crystal shell
-Upper beast jaw
-Lover beast jaw

That is just pathetic.

5 Likes

Is the Storm beast trans dark blue, or regular dark blue?

Looks like there is a new mold on lava beast’s shoulder as well.

This wave actually makes me worried for Bionicle’s (supposed) final year.

1 Like

Hmm… Umarak the Destroyer… I can forgive because he freaking became Ganon. I don’t understand why the Mask of Control like… instantly changed when he changed… or how he changed… but whatever.

I just really don’t understand the need for asymmetry on the beasts. I hate this needless asymmetry just for the sake of being asymetrical. I hated that about HF, and I hate that about the summer sets.

Right now I’m only buying Storm Beast, Ekimu, and Ganon-er Umarak the Destroyer.

I just don’t understand why they went back to uninspired, ill-thought out builds.

2 Likes

I havent seen these yet, but I think everyone should remember that these are(most likely) early versions of the sets, and have probably had some work done to make them better (or worse) since these pictures were made, which could have been quite a while ago.

1 Like

I think my main gripe with these sets are

• Beasts all have the same build

• Beasts all use invasion from below heads

• Beasts all have Toa masks like the skull villains from last year, how about some creativity lego?

1 Like