BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

They’re different molds, but they attach the same way.

[quote=“TheEsquire, post:9807, topic:15529”]
Beasts all have Toa masks like the skull villains from last year, how about some creativity lego?
[/quote]I’ll second this. The “losing masks” thing is getting a bit… cliche at this point.

1 Like

Nope, they in fact do not. Might want to take a closer look.

I really don’t mind this bit. We get more masks this way.

2 Likes

Why do the villains always steal the Toa’s masks? Is it now a tradition? Or they just don’t waste much time for fight.

I agree. The only one that really looks like anything from Bionicle is Ekimu. Ekimu is kind of decent.

H̶e̶y̶ ̶H̶F̶ ̶F̶a̶n̶s̶,̶ ̶B̶r̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶A̶t̶t̶a̶c̶k̶’̶s̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶!̶ Actually, too early to judge that.

2 Likes

Honestly, having Umarak the Destroyer by himself without the whole “the Toa need to get their masks back” trope would’ve been adequate.

4 Likes

We like… went from the edginess of the Winter Wave to… the unwelcome return of Brain Attack. :confused:

6 Likes

They look slightly more detailed, but that’s it.
Regardless, the mold looks very similar.

The summer wave tends to have less new molds anyway. Not so much as a big surprise. I will say the Crystal Shell actually looks pretty cool.

Like others have said I really like Umarak’s Ganon-esque look which was something I was hoping to get since I first heard the name. I also like how the MoCo seems to have warped and grown to become his monstrous face. Will it be enough to save his design? I hope so.

2 Likes

how2legg

5 Likes

Well be got mutated and the MOCo kinda fused with him, which I find to be neat.

I dunno what you’ve seen, but only Quake Beast is asymmetrical to show crystals.

I’ll second this. Disappointed.

5 Likes

Brilliant new leg design Lego, brilliant!

4 Likes

Mmmm not really. The only real similarities are that they are seemingly also made of two separate pieces. These look more like golems than beasts.

Ew…I hope not. Thats not exactly a “# 1 toy company in the world” product…

1 Like

go look it up

Yikes. Ekimu is way too blue, but at least looks ok build-wise. But those Beasts are crazy eclectic. I mean, what’s up with those lower legs? And… Everything wlse?

Umurak though… Umarak looks wicked. Loving the hands. Also, more corrupted masks! Cool!

4 Likes

And I thought Lewa’s legs are bad…

1 Like

I’d say Lava Beast is the worst, specifically because of the same reason I hated all IFB sets that carried a weapon. They’re supposed to be primal yet sentient. They have claws that they should use for fighting instead of holding something. That’s just stupid and not cool.

[quote=“LoganMcOwen, post:9822, topic:15529”]
Umurak though… Umarak looks wicked. Loving the hands. Also, more corrupted masks! Cool!
[/quote]I’ll second this, despite using the Stormer XL torso shell, his overall build and look is really, really good. He also seems to have a function on his hands for grabbing or something…

7 Likes

I think the “beasts” are mislabeled by Lego. Golems seem to be a better word to call them I think.

Skeleton wave:
-Ribcage
-Bones
-Torn armor
-Skull mask
-Bull-skull mask
-MoC
-Hook-Axe
-Hook-Blade

Compare that to getting only 4 new molds.

7 Likes

At least we didn’t get the Creatures head mold for the Beast.

1 Like