BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

@Rockho Remember, all elements are necessary for life, and while shadow is nothingness, it is what birthed life in the first place. All things have a positive aspect and a negative aspect. Umarak could easily change his perception of shadow and realize that it also brings life, rather than just taking it away and engulfing everything. The slightest change in how one perceives their purpose is enough to change how you respond to the world itself.

1 Like

Umarak fighting with the Toa? I would like it, but it makes me think that as soon as the Toa trust him, he will bind the creatures in darkness.
Ha… You foolish Toa…

2 Likes

@Omega Observe how Umarak doesn’t bind them when he has the obvious chance to though. Something tells me that he no longer cares about turning them into nothingness, and if he were betrayed by a certain thing? Well… he’d have a score to settle. Not to mention if he has a wise old Ekimu to guide him, he could be like Black Wargreymon.

3 Likes

Great points. I would love to see this character development in Umarak rather than Makuta becoming good.

Worse case scenario, the Toa shove UTD into the volcano and Ekimu melts the mask of shadows into his forge. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

umarak has the mask of shadows… ?!?

(Omg that second frame, Love that Umarak pose when he slashes the thing.)

Ultimate Facepalm! (so stronk it made his mask fall off)

Ketar you Traitor!

(Lewa can actually do the sick spins, food for thought.)

13 Likes

Like just because you mentioned Black WarGreymon.
But now, if what you say becomes the truth, we have another question to solve: why Umarak refuses to accomplish what he was born for?

@Omega Perhaps it’s because he fears losing his own existence. If creation is reversed, then all things cease to exist. Even if the shadows brought him into existence, he still lives. He still fears.

I don’t really see Umarak becoming a Toa, or even becoming morally good for that matter. If he even survives past the summer I would expect he’d just be out to hunt everyone whether it be the Toa or Makuta and his cronies.

3 Likes

xD

10 Likes

Well, maybe an unpopular opinion here. But do we even know for sure that the purple thing is indeed Makuta? It could at least also be the Shadow that gave birth to Umarak. That would explain why it would have control over Umarak.

I know. But, just saying…

Well, you said he act surprised when he see it, so I guess it could be something he didn’t expect to meet. :wink:

thats a fair point but it being makuta is the most likely.

Actually, yes we do. The description says that Umarak was sent by Makuta to retrieve his(Makuta’s) old Mask of Control. I think it’s pretty obvious who Umarak is bringing it to then. XD

1 Like

It being Makuta is the most easiest and less creative option…Hope they dont make it so.

[quote=“Tarvaax, post:12827, topic:15529”]
The description says that Umarak was sent by Makuta to retrieve his(Makuta’s) old Mask of Control.
[/quote] It’s really indisputable at this point. Also, I hate twists for the sake of twists. I prefer a WELL TOLD predictable story to a story with twists just because people like twists. I want a good story first and foremost.

1 Like

Well then, first they need to write a well told story.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, who?

If you’re referring to the bio line “Millennia ago, when the Elemental Creatures came into being, the shadows gave birth to a terrible fiend whose sole purpose was to hunt the Creatures”, I don’t think the shadow is implied to be a sentient entity. Born from the shadows is a pretty general term for created from evil intentions or means.

oh oh theory (a bad one) maybe umarak the destroyer is the real form of Umarak but because of his mask broke it become the hunter, no wait, oh man I dont know how to theorize

But if it is that way, this sentence would still make sense, right?

It seems like he kinda run into it. But if you say so… :sweat:

No, he bows to it, and he’s surprised when his hand gets zapped by Makuta and starts moving for his face. XD

[quote=“TeslaEffect, post:12830, topic:15529, full:true”]
Well then, first they need to write a well told story.
[/quote] I think they’ve been doing that so far. :stuck_out_tongue:

“Deep into the Labyrinth of Control, Makuta has sent Umarak the Hunter to find and retrieve his old Mask of Control.”
Source:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lego.bionicle.maskofcontrol

[quote=“Dr_Chronos, post:12831, topic:15529”]
I’m sorry, who?

If you’re referring to the bio line “Millennia ago, when the Elemental Creatures came into being, the shadows gave birth to a terrible fiend whose sole purpose was to hunt the Creatures”, I don’t think the shadow is implied to be a sentient entity. Born from the shadows is a pretty general term for created from evil intentions or means.
[/quote] Shadow is considered an element just as the others are. While it might not be sentient, it brings with it its own guidelines and belief/personality system for those that have the element itself. Remember, G2 is very fantasy based, you WILL have to suspend your disbelief for magic and things of that sort.

1 Like