BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

You call that a well told story!

Funny, though, that the commercial implies that umarak is using the mask to gain power himself.
Not that I’m going to nitpick contradicting commercials, marketing is marketing, and there’s only so much you can tell in half a minute.

For it could potentially be in The Journey to One and as a concept? Yes.

[quote=“drumpghball, post:12836, topic:15529, full:true”]
Funny, though, that the commercial implies that umarak is using the mask to gain power himself. Not that I’m going to nitpick contradicting commercials, marketing is marketing, and there’s only so much you can tell in half a minute.
[/quote]The commercials don’t count, unless LoSS used the MoCr. They’re just there to give kids some type of scenario they can use for play. :wink:

1 Like

As a concept, yes. As a finished product, its pathetic (if they actually used this as a finished product for the main story).

In Netflix we trust/hope.

No one was saying that. No one was thinking that. You’re literally judging the entire winter story on a very condensed comic panel that acts as nothing more as a general summary. XD

[quote=“TeslaEffect, post:12838, topic:15529”]
In Netflix we trust/hope.
[/quote] Well yeah, because that’s meant to be the actual medium of story telling, the app is just for kids who might not have the opportunity to watch Netflix, so everyone has a small idea of how things go. I think it’s best that no one has any story expectations so we don’t end up making a story that suits us and then end up disappointed because our story is tailored for us and isn’t anything like the canon story. :stuck_out_tongue:

Have I missed anything?

A truckload of banter about a comic.
Other than that, not much!

On JTO, though… Any info on the release date?
I saw it on Netflix, but it didn’t have much info on it, just the show’s description.

Well, apparently it is capable of birthing sentient beings, so that’s something you could call a force of life! Or maybe it’s a counterforce.

Yes it still makes sense, but it doesn’t imply the shadows is an actual entity.

I think darkness or shadow is like an element that exists as a necessary reaction to light. For every object in light a shadow must be cast. For every life there must be death. I don’t see it as a sentient being but rather a force of life, like nature.

1 Like

I like to think that Makuta just gave the idea to Umarak (Like in a vision or something) about retrieving his mask, and that is the reason why, Umarak, who had no idea that he is working for Makuta, is surprised to see Makuta.

2 Likes

Well, I just propose a possibility. Since the full story hasn’t come out yet, all we have are speculations that are neither true or false, just likely or not.

[quote=“Jelarna, post:12847, topic:15529, full:true”]
I like to think that Makuta just gave the idea to Umarak (Like in a vision or something) about retrieving his mask, and that is the reason why, Umarak, who had no idea that he is working for Makuta, is surprised to see Makuta.
[/quote] That’d work fine and all, if the only time he was surprised wasn’t when his hand went towards his fact and then made a loud clap sound, and you know, the whole purple possessed eyes after the mask comes off and Makuta disappearing and then he puts the MoCo on… it just seems like Makuta is betraying Umarak rather than Umarak betrying Makuta. XD

1 Like

Aight, @TeslaEffect, @Tarvaax, cool your jets. There’s no reason to get so heated about this.

2 Likes

Or Makuta put that purpose in Umarak’s mind without his knowledge with the anti -plot-o-dermis-

The building, or where the battle took place?

Did you see us like this:

Cause I assure you its not like that.

After looking at the comic, I have another theory. I think Umarak may have had not intentions of betraying Makuta, but rather the other way round. When Umarak looks shocked, it may be because Makuta is trying to kill him as he has no need for him anymore. Then Umarak puts the MoCo on in self-defense and becomes The Destroyer.

4 Likes

So Makuta is Amon from Starcraft…makes sense.

So Umarak betrays himself?

3 Likes

I can assure that what I saw was breaking community guidelines, regardless of whether it was serious or not.

1 Like

No. Makuta has no control over Umarak with the MoCo on. Infact, now he is a relevant threat.