BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

End of the year? I expect this topic to die just after the summer sets are reviewed and released.

1 Like

Unless we get a second season of Journey to One and the books.

Fair enough, fair enough. Although I would like to make the non-point that worldwide generally means a release that happens all at once, on the exact same date and at the exact same time everywhere. Either way we’re both grasping at straws (well I currently am, at least).

[quote=“bingzakanuva, post:17425, topic:15529, full:true”]
I now ship Gali x Kopaka because of you. Thank you. (Not being sarcastic btw)
[/quote] They had pretty good chemistry in MoL. Kopaka even held her. :wink:

[quote=“BlueCel, post:17426, topic:15529, full:true”]
The first one to ship them was @TeslaEffect cause Kopaka saved her from a falling cube…hue

So you know kids! Save a girl and you will instantly be shipped!
[/quote] Kopaka is basically a “White Knight in Shining Armor”. Seriously, read his bio.

[quote=“BlueCel, post:17429, topic:15529”]
Gali: "did you slip?"Kopaka:“no, but I fell for you”
[/quote] I laughed at this… harder than I probably should have. XD

[quote=“bingzakanuva, post:17442, topic:15529, full:true”]
Wait wait…their from different planets???
[/quote] So Kopaka is a bit of a Captain Kirk ehhh? :wink:

3 Likes

No, they have never been called brothers in any type of media. And from what we know they came from different planets. And a girl can dream!

Wait wait…their from different planets???

Probably, the animations showed that the toa came from different stars, but then again the animations aren’t the best piece of info.

Well, not really. The prophecy stated that when the stars aligned the Toa would arrive, but it never stated or showed where they came from.

I’m probably the least qualified person to even say this since I view them as star spirits :laughing:

1 Like

Lewa Master Race, jajaja. No seriously though, Lewa needs to be more awesome in this series, you can do this LEGO, do it for my first Bionicle.

Maybe I should make a video of that little script, would you mind if I do BlueCel

I wouldn’t say that they came from stars, but that the specific day the stars would align, spacey wacey things would happen and like… a portal or some weird thing would open and they’d be sent from their world. By using the mask of time, the Protectors made that astronomical event happen sooner, which meant that the Toa would arrive sooner.

[quote=“Jelarna, post:17445, topic:15529”]
No seriously though, Lewa needs to be more awesome in this series, you can do this LEGO, do it for my first Bionicle.
[/quote] I don’t see how he can be any more awesome. He’s the only Toa so far that can defeat enemies without uniting with the others. Not only did he kill two enemies too powerful for the rest of the Toa to defeat, but he also used tactics and strategy, something the other “idiots” (everyone else has shown to run right into battle blindly, rather than thinking things through and making a game plan like they should. Lewa did it with the Skull Warrior archers, and with the two Skull Scorpios) on the team are lacking.

2 Likes

Idk, just looking for arguments so the ship isn’t weird haha

Never viewed the Toa in that way, always found they worked better as a sort of family unit with the only chemistry being Tahu and Gali in some adaptations I’ve seen. However in the G2 series they don’t appear to have any relationships forming unless we count people saving others from being killed, crushed, etc…

Would prefer it stayed that way while they are on their big quest - they have bigger things to worry about;

Source

After 2017 when the main trilogy of Masks is completed, then they can develop relationships. I’d rather not have a rushed relationship between two of the characters that wont be fleshed out enough before the end of the planned three year storyline.

Pretty much the same position as you, new memes can work however I’d prefer if the series was not devoted to making them and that they seemed less intentional. A meme can kind of weaken a show or series in my view.

Try too hard and the meme doesn’t work. For example some of the best Avengers memes are ‘burdened with glorious porpoise’, ‘hail hydra’ and generally other aspects based on lines of short scenes that were trying to be fairly serious at the time.

Unsure whether this will be the case. Its possible they may have merged parts of the 2015 storyline with the 2016 storyline. To continue my Avengers theme going with this post, perhaps we’d open with a battle between the Toa and the remaining Skull forces, then we’d flashback to how they arrived and brush briefly over LoSS and Kulta before moving back into the battle and onto the 2016 storyline.

6 Likes

Anyone think we’re going to see the protectors or villagers (or Bingzak)?

1 Like

We actually do see a villager briefly in one of the character videos, during the scene where Gali manipulates water - we see a villager/protector running in the background.

3 Likes

Probably just a quick peek. Nothing too special.

same, the only one’s I saw being in a relationship would be jaller and hahli

and that’s an entirely different team

the mata/nuva are brothers and sister, I would like this dynamic to be more apparent in the show

2 Likes

We did? Huh, I guess I should watch it again

Idk, perdonally I wouldn’t want them to be brothers. We already had that im G1 and besides love is canon now, it should be exploited IMO

1 Like

Unless they begin to establish it throughout Journey to One, which I really would not mind. It’s always good to see established relationships with characters.

They may do that, but I feel the the Skull Creatures are still around doing stuff like wrecking havoc.

Wasn’t it stated in the latest book that Ekimu was going to try to migrate all the villagers back into the Ancient City? Perhaps the Toa are there to protect them from any more Skull Warriors remaining.

(You can refute me on this, I only got the info from Biosector01)

5 Likes

Looked at it real close and I think it is another Skull Warrior

Yeah, think you may be right. The running thing looks like another skull warrior.

Though i am thinking the being to the right might be a skull spidered villager, either that or a mini-version of Basher with a skull spider mask and no horns. Animations seem a little odd in terms of that - given the skull villains don’t necessarily resemble the sets.

True, just hope its done well if they attempt it.

While it’d be nice to see them, I kind of hope that they are gone after the first episode, given we haven’t seen any Shadow Traps yet other than as Umarak’s hands. A lot of the menacing appearance of Umarak i feel works well with him being one of the only skeletal beings remaining, if we keep seeing varying skull villains and skull spiders it may detract from his appearances.

Probably the case, think i heard of that happening also.

1 Like