BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Not true. You can spot one in the Tahu trailer.

8 Likes

Yeah, just when the Tahu flex starts hue.
Anyway how effective do you guys expect the traps to be?

1 Like

Depends on what their powers are

1 Like

Not very effective. Honestly I can see them as being comic relief at times or just being like mindless minions programmed to hunt for a creature, but I don’t see them doing much.

2 Likes

Was trying to forget that… xD

Only 2016 Shadow Trap we see and its cowering about to be killed by Tahu - compared to the tons of Skull Spiders looking vicious and advancing even in the face of being slaughtered by the Toa.

3 Likes

Which is why I fear they’re just gonna be cute little minions again.

Hopefully not. Hopefully it’s be tactical and trying to avoid Tahu for good reasons.

6 Likes

He may be hiding waiting for the time to strike

1 Like

I gotta admit they’re kinda adorable for sentient bear traps. Plush worthy even.

The cuteness is balanced out by their limb-shredding ability.

6 Likes

Idk man, from the videogame trailers they seem annoying as crap, and they reduce unity mode so…maybe they actually do something?

3 Likes

Welp, time to throw in some villagers to demonstrate the shadow traps’ power (ala red shirts in star trek)

4 Likes

Not my best job, but gotta admit the fire one is cute.

OH NO!! Forgot to add my fake glasses in there… Not legit

10 Likes

It’s “tactically” avoiding Tahu because he’s easily angered, has dominance issues, and is just as dangerous to be around as Ren when you make him mad (which if we go back to the first thing I said, is easy).

In other words, the Shadow Trap is cowering in fear because Tahu generally isn’t the Toa you want to go up against alone.

[quote=“BlueCel, post:17468, topic:15529”]
OH NO!! Forgot to add my fake glasses in there… Not legit
[/quote] I have real glasses that you can use instead of your fake glasses Blue-oh wait that’s not how digital things work is it?

5 Likes

Is there any Toa you want to go against, well except Lewa, that poor guy always lose his mask.

Man, poor Lewa

1 Like

Meh, I’ll probably need real ones eventually, my vision is not the best. Anyway as for the shadow traps I believe they will at least be more effective than the skull spiders, maybe they can inflict tiny ammounts of fear like we expect Umarak to do with his mask.

2 Likes

yeah i see that now. i assume that umarak can change his forms through the shadows. that would be awesome

1 Like

not as awesome as cronks fear theory posted over a hundred times now

Anyway do you guys think Umarak will be the guy that likes to talk to intimidate or just make weird noises haha.

I think it’s more than likely for him to talk fear into his enemies by just talking to them.

3 Likes

I think he’s gonna be more of the makuta of the reboot, talking to the toa, keeping them on their toes and then sniping them when they least expect it. More of a one shot one kill sort of dude than a brute.
And I just thought of something. What if that thing attacking Pohatu in the character trailer isn’t Umarak? What if his poison bow has a hallucinogen in it that makes the toa see their worst fear, instead of Umarak himself shapeshifting. Or maybe he can make them out of shadow, like what Makuta did with the shadow toa.

6 Likes

Yeah, I’d rather have a spoopy smart guy than the big mindless destroyer he will later become. Not that there is anything wrong with UTD he is scary as crap but I find tactical villains more entertaining.

5 Likes

I honestly think that transformation is going to be used to show how that much power changes even the most tactical and clever hunters into a mindless killing machine. Like what happened with Makuta. This way, the idea Makuta isn’t actually evil could be revealed and have a bit of support.

4 Likes

We’re probably on a different topic right now but regarding the release date; at this point it’s confirmed to be releasing at least somewhere this month. Id expect that would be North America and some other countries. Confirmed dates like this can change however, but it’s not common.

The part that says it will be releasing globally just means it will be in Netflix across the world. It does not mean it will have a worldwide release date.

As of now, the only North American update we’ve had is that it’s coming in February, so for us in North America, until that is officially changed, I would choose to trust it. And I truly believe that we should.

4 Likes