BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

oh yeah. true…
Time for more speculation!

Huh. That’s weird

Brings us to the point of why do we need golden masks?!?!?!

Kids love gold, Lego sells gold.

They are collectibles and add more “value” to the set or at least make you believe that + they are a feature.

I would honestly have something else for a change. Like an amulet that the toa have but the smaller set completes

This wouldn’t also screw up with their color scheme.

2 Likes

^^This

Its appears that the toa’s golden masks only exist when they are united with the creatures. They dont appear to actually be on pedestals or separate from the regular toa masks.

Well that’s good

aka I’ll use the golden masks as creature mouths (look a few 100… or a few 1000 post up. You’ll find it eventually)

False, there are several scenes in which the toa have their unity masks without being united. Regardless I’m happy these are normal corrupted masks instead of unity ones.

But Tahu wore his when he wasn’t united with Ikir. EDIT: Kapura’d

1 Like

I have no idea how to put a golden tahu mask onto Ikir by the way.

1 Like

Dude, All I know is that you can… somehow…

1 Like

It’s held in place using the upper jaw and the neck joint.

Credit once again to “Creature Character Building System” on Tumblr

9 Likes

It’s funny how in the Onua trailer you can see Terak has a jaw similar to that…

And it also accentuates the fact that they are, in essence, gnawing on their heads! :smile:

6 Likes

I prefer the term “gently resting their lower jaw beneath the Toa’s head” :smirk:

3 Likes

And then biting down :wink:

3 Likes

Like a fly trap, heheheheheh heh he huh.

I am really excited for JtO, especially because I want to see how they’ll develop the characters, especially Umarak’s character. He’s always been the type if character who beats up anyone who gets in the way of his mission, like the Toa taking the creatures.

1 Like

I don’t mind the idea of the creatures uniting with the toa through biting down on their head; it reminds me of something you’d hear in a mythological tale.

1 Like

You say that with almost Meso certainty.

2 Likes

If I can remember, there was a Pokemon manga, Black and white, where the protagonist, Black, put his musharna over his head and see through its eyes. Maybe its a similar concept, well kind off because the creatures cover the head just above the eyes. But maybe they still can use their eyes.

i’m just gonna post this here again

12 Likes