BIONICLE 2016 Leaks Discussion Topic

I hate that he just randomly has solid red on his legs. There aren’t even any good recolors to replace it. He should have had either more solid red or exclusively trans orange.

I would have had red be the top color, the trans orange be the bone color for the upper and lower legs, and the gold be an accent.

You know what I also hate? The azure bohrok eyes on his feet.

Although truth be told I’m still buying him because big surprise, it’s Tahu.

1 Like

So to-be mods:
More blue
Less trans orange
More solid red
More less-stupid weapons

but,
blue flame…
and the blue on his chest…

4 Likes

So once upon a time Swag thinks the chest printing is an LED screen, like a TV or something.

A post was merged into an existing topic: BIONICLE 2015 Discussion Topic

Well, that shouldn’t really go into the 2016 topic…

5 Likes

Geeez what’s wrong with Tahu having gold? He still has red on him…gold is a colour one would associate with fire anyway. I think it looks rad on him.

3 Likes

Facepalm.
I’mma idiot.

Personally I don’t get that sort of logic, I’d much rather prefer it as an accent. The 2015 Tahu does this well.

I mean sure, you can douse Tahu in gold but I feel that should be the case only if you want to make some sort of fully golden Tahu or if Tahu was jam packed with a gold mine in the first place.

2 Likes

I agree completely. While it is a little odd that he has so much, I think it works with him. it looks good IMO.
Also, reminds me a little of the gold armor in Bionicle stars. I had him wear it almost all the time, and I had 3 little rakish for him to duel.

2 Likes

So anyway, there’s just been a design panel. I think the 2015 pictures are popping up, dont expect the 2016 ones. But Lychir over at eurobricks has confirmed that actleast Kopaka (and we know there are more) have the Nuva symbol molded into their masks.

7 Likes

if the nuva symobols are molded into their mask maybe the island of mata nui being molded into the MoCo isn’t so far fetched

3 Likes

@Tarvaax So… In my opinion Tahu’s gold works perfectly. The “gold is near to yellow so etc etc” is not a good reason imo, because Gold was used for Takanuva and, of course, there was a lot on 2015 Kopaka. It just works with a red character in my opinion, it is very nice to see. The trans-orange pieces don’t bug me a little, because it makes Tahu look like a gold-armored guy with lava flowing inside of him. The silver on the mask is meh, Tahu’s mask is the only one that I hate to be half-silver. The blue is really cool too and about the lack of solid red, well… we have the chestprint and the knees armor (which is not solid but neither trans-orange) that rehash it a bit. It is certainly an upgrade to 2015 Tahu because yes, it was a good set but it looks quite blank to me. I’m just afraid of the gold usage on Kopaka because, if you think it up, it’s more likely that his crystal sword will be silver-lightblue instead of gold because every toa has them in silver, even Tahu.

6 Likes

Well, seeing as, A. the circle on the mask of control is very much as smooth as can be without any signs of anything being molded on, and B. that’s alot of detail for a one time mould that’s general shape will never be shared amongst any other molds, unlike the nuva symbols, that is still very much so a far fetched theory.

Anything happen?

We’ve already discovered something on their masks when the first picture laeaks came out. One of the theories was that it’s a nuva symbol. So it seems we were right.

More than a theory, it was obvious. Onua clearly had on his chest. Tahu had 3 on the chest and 1 in the head. Kopaka one on the chest. It’s gonna be very cool. (Cool ahah)

Tahu has totally 4.

I suppose each of them will have two, 1 in the head and 1 on their chest. But aren’t the Creatures head gonna hide the symbol on the Toa’s head?

Aaaah…I really wamma see pics of the other Toa now!!! Fingers crossed for the next two days!

2 Likes