BIONICLE 2016 Pre-Leak Speculation

look at the Vitruvian Robot / Mata Nui’s body thing, that was hinted quite a few times but no one really figured it out soon.

4 Likes

I suppose. Point redacted. Carry on.

Theory (I may have already stated this):
The masks the Toa have are primordial super-powered versions of the G1 masks.
The skull people need primordial power to power themselves up.
The skull people absorbs some of the power, allowing the second function to be used.
NOTE: Tahu’s mask form the Hero Pack had all of it’s power absorbed by someone, rendering it useless.

5 Likes

I wasn’t in the community at that point, but I’ve heard that people theorized it and got shot down because it was seen as either too ridiculous or widely unfounded.

3 Likes

This is what I’ve heard too.

Considering that we don’t even know what the story of the second-half of 2015 is, I don’t think we can really speculate on 2016. Also,

*Kraata

2 Likes

prediction: the second hype train will arrive and Takanuva will steal the mask of braking. dun dun DUN!!!

2 Likes

all three links just brings me to a to a 4chan page that says “404 not found”:(. but what you just wrote sounds very interesting and just makes me more hyped about next year bionicle:D

Images via request;
http://i.imgur.com/I7jF8Lj.png
http://i.imgur.com/1dpIxGU.png
http://i.imgur.com/qlzcC0y.png

4 Likes

Weren’t these made by LimeLibratarian? Not sure if it was or not.

No, they were made by a 4chan user several months prior, the same one who posted the information. Chances are they are not legitimate, but posted for the record anyway.

Not sure if Lime has ever shared them, but even if he has, he’s not the source.

2 Likes

Both of these ideas would be extremely interesting.

Hmmmmm… I think only 2015 and maybe 2016 will be centered around the MoCr, MoCo, and MoUP. 2017 (And maybe 2016) would include searching for the Mask(s) of Time. I think a connection to the old universe would be awesome, maybe through the Olmak or Vahi, but probably won’t happen. Also this idea:

Sounds like it could happen. Some villans from the Ignition trilogy would be cool, but might not happen.

Also the 4Chan post might be credible. We know:

1. The sets are usually planned 2 years in advance, then are tested and finalized.
  2. Lego does use glued-together parts in preliminary tests
  3. Those ghost-things sound a lot like the Ninjago Summer 2015 Skreemers, and the drawing looks a bit like Ehlek.

This could be possible, but we will have to wait and see.

1 Like

Ok, the chest piece and new armor are obviously Star Wars.

7 Likes

My guess is the plot circle around Makuta and no Master/Toa and protector are around.

Set-up: Makuta is stranded in a faraway island filled with wild rahi and unusual people that capitalize the area, Makuta must gain the people trust to return to Okoto and finish what he have started.

3 Likes

Honestly I can believe this. I don’t doubt that, because next years main goal will most likely be the MoCr, we’ll get ‘possessed’ creatures. These shooters will also be able to add a play feature without the use of masks, say the Toa hit a button on the animal the ghost is launched off freeing the creature from Makuta’s control. A Toa Ekimu also makes sense, not for Ekimu to join the team as the 7th member though, that seems unlikely. It seems more likely Ekimu was a Toa once, alongside Makuta, and so can train the toa to use their elemental masks because he was once like them. Although alot of G2 haters will flip if Toa Makuta is made canon.

1 Like

How about theorizing?

Honestly, I hope that Takanuva appears from the sky like the other Toa, and tells them of another prophecy before losing his memory, akin to Teresa in The Maze Runner. Ekimu forges the Toa new armory, and the Toa train with their respective protectors individually, then Sensei Ekimu (Lolz) trains them as a team. However, the Toa training individually with their protectors allows them to develop as characters.
Takanuva awakens, and stays the Toa of Light, unlike fan predictions. He trains with an exile in the edges of the region of fire, and then trains with the others.
The Toa learn that they can unlock a quality where they can become the elements they were trained under. This is similar to the NRG power of the Ninja. However, there are still skull warriors with drained masks, being the Water-Fire elemental Skull Gasher, and the Shadow elemental Skull blinder, the main puppet behind the last year invasion.
The Toa successfully defeat the skull warriors, and claim rekage.
Main sets:
-Tahu
-Gali
-Kopaka
-Pohatu
-Onua
-Lewa
-Takanuva
These guys are the Masters improved. They have new armory, with Star Wars armor or Ekimu armor used as shoulder plates, and Star Wars Leggings for legs and arms. They retain the same masks, and add at least one more color to the color scheme, Tahu having true Orange and Yellow, Gali having fluorescent neon yellow, Pohatu having Tan, Onua gaining Orange, Kopaka adding grey, and Lewa having legitimate brown to add.
Takanuva has Silver and Gold, and wears a silver Mask, which he can gain as gold.
-Skull Gasher
-Skull Blinder
These guys are skull villains. They have the three remaining Gold-Mixed masks.

2 Likes

NICE,but what about the their Toa Tools with Tahu having Flame Katanas,Gali having Aqua Mace,Lewa having Jungle Bo Staff,Onua having a Quake Axe,Kopaka having a Frost Sai,Pohatu having a Stone Lance,& Takanuva with the Light-chuck.

2 Likes

Some transparent weapons would be nice.

6 Likes

Ahhhh… Weapons.
Good ideas you propose their, and I’d prefer Tahu have a Dual-Flame sword and spinning tri-blade shield, Gali owning a pair of Axes with hooks on the bottom, Onua keeping his claws, Pohatu having a pair of Boxing gloves and a rock, Kopaka using a longsword and a shield, Lewa with lance with vine detail, and Takanuva a staff of light.

oh ok, well i kinda got confused i think but if this is the only glue we have right know then fine:). i gotta admit that i have never heard of the play testing thing this user claims Lego was doing. but it sounds interesting with the small guy as the user claims resembles Tarduk, could there be developed 6 of them each with their own element, that is smaller than the protector sets?, well it does sound interesting that we might get them both as collectables and small sets in this wave. and as for the Ekimu figure, it does sounds to me like he is gonna become a Toa, meaby Toa of light who is gonna join the team in the next years story.as for the villains, it does seem to me like they are gonna be undead warriors just like the skull villains we are getting this summer, and they are gonna make 3 big ones and 3 small ones just like with the Toa Mata this year, and i have the feeling that they are controlled by some evil spirit, or the maks of ultimate power (ofcorse we dont know much about the mask of ultimate power, nor have we ever heard of any ancient evil sprit as of yet). but anyway if you one day find pictures of the sets or manage to gather some more info then please message me here on the message boards, but dosent have to be in this post unless you wanna share new info with the others here on this post, have a good day Scarillian:)

3 Likes