Bionicle Canon Contest #1: The First, Part 2 - by frame_zer0

Still, I thought it was worth taking part in the competition. My vision of the psychometric mask and the toa helryx.

link to inst post of this artwork Pavel Milkota on Instagram: "Bionicle canon contest by #ttv channel. ".The.first." my vision of toa helryx and her mask based on @theunderscoreddouble MOC. . . . . #artwork #art #drawing #lego #bionicle #toa #helryx #creaturedesign #creature #inkdrawing #markerdrawing #pendrawing #traditionalart #doodle #fanart #villan #biomechanical #copicmarkers #copic"

68 Likes

This is pretty epic

8 Likes

This is an amazing piece of art and a great mask design!

6 Likes

The lines on here are excellent

5 Likes

Wow, that’s unique.

4 Likes

Creepy. Beautiful, but creepy.

4 Likes

This artwork is phenomenal. I can’t help but feel it looks more like Transformers concept art than Bionicle though.

8 Likes

I like how shark-like she looks, very unique and quite interesting

3 Likes

Mmmmm she looks like she just finished battling an army of rahkshi… as a morning excersise.

Fantastic job!

4 Likes

Yes, I got too carried away with styling lego parts). Probably later it will play a role.

3 Likes

Well, this is close to what they might look like in real life.

5 Likes

Reminds me a lot of Sayger’s artwork. I love the linework on the mask, and it has a very intimidating and primitive-yet-futuristic look —much like this early artwork for Lewa.

8 Likes

This is super cool, I’d like to see it win

3 Likes

Looks like an alligator)

2 Likes

bayformers, robots hurt your eyes

5 Likes

I love how stylized and sharp-angled this is, the mask feels very shark-like, yet still fits in with the build surprisingly well. I think it’s safe to say this will likely have my vote!

4 Likes

Ok, I haven’t got enough words to fully describe how amazing this is. I can’t even call it a drawing, it is a real masterpiece of art!

3 Likes

Woah…

This is blowing me away! The style just oozes from this, and above all the design is adapted extremely well, and the mask is super amazing!

I might be entering this contest, but honestly, I think this one has my vote… :laughing:

4 Likes

Ooh, I’m a big fan of this style.

3 Likes

While it’s not the version I particularly want to see as the canon Helryx, I’ve simply got to give complement to the quality of the artwork. It looks stunning and I absolutely love it as a stylized interpretation.

I will say that I’m having trouble visualizing the mask from front-on - the asymmetry is throwing me around, but that’s more the fault of my own lack of imagination rather than any sort of issue with the design itself.

Huge applause, it looks great. Hope you continue to enter the future contests, too!

3 Likes