Who should have a canon contest?

I would put Kojol a little closer to the top of that list. Above the unmutated Barraki, at least.

I also disagree with Tren Krom having a contest. So much of his storyline presence depends on him being an incomprehensible being, I don’t think any of our mere mortal artwork could do him justice.

Everyone’s memeing this, but it could work, if you pick the right scene.

For example, show him carrying Krakua to safety while Mazeka and Vultraz fight in the background. Even without showing Jerbraz himself, this could still convey his approximate height, and maybe he could be running through tall grass while cutting it with his invisible sword. All of this would work to show some of his physical characteristics without even showing Jerbraz.

Even though it does not show anything we don’t already know about Jerbraz, it would at least be better than the NO IMAGE that we have now.

And it could also serve as a Matoran Krakua contest, just so we at least get something new out of the contest.

5 Likes

I agree with both points.

Alternatively, the contest could depict Jerbraz before he turned invisible. That might not work however, since we don’t know much about his physical appearance.

2 Likes

We do know he’s 8.5 feet in height and he described himself as being considerably handsome before turning invisible.

3 Likes

Yeah, but that’s not a lot to work with. How does one make a bionicle look handsome, anyway?

3 Likes

Yes, please! I’ve always wondered what the unmutated Barraki looked like. Same with Toa Dume.

1 Like

@Atobe_Brick @TheJerminator
Ok, maybe Kojol should be right after Barraki. But not above them - he has no speaking role in the books. His role was important for MU history, though (that’s why he is on the list). Plus Makuta are shapeshifters - so such a contest would’ve canonized only the shape he took long ago, while attacking Artakha (with Tridax, I mean the form in which he fought Tobduk, the only one we’ve really seen him in). And all the Barraki have appeared in their original form in books, and most of their deeds and story occured while they were in their original forms.
As for Tren Krom, he appeared in the story too frequently - 5 times, if I am not mistaken. So we really should know how he looks. And that should be an art contest of course. And I am sure that there are people that can draw such an art (like look at that guy).

5 Likes

Most important: Botar’s Replacement

6 Likes

YEEEEEEEEES

I would love to see unmutated barraki, this is just so interesting to me

3 Likes

Unorthodox idea: contest for the desert/jungle forms of the Toa nuva.

5 Likes

I’d definitely want to see Tridax, Kojol, and the Makuta of Stelt. Though, Johmak and Kabrua would be nice to see as well.

Of course, we have to hold contests for Botar’s Replacement and the Winged Female OOMN Member :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, Matau always considered himself to be handsome, so it would stand to reason that, if Jerbraz was considered to be handsome, he would look like Matau :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Out of any of the unseen characters, I think Toa Dume and the unmutated forms of well-known characters are the most likely, and most needed.

I’ll be honest, I don’t even know half of these characters people are bringing up. They’re so obscure that I don’t think many of them really need an appearance.

However, Dume is a major character, and the unmuated forms of the Baraki and the Karda-Nui Makuta were also frequently mentioned. If there is a need for more contests after the initial list, these make the most sense to me.

2 Likes

If Marendar gets an appearance, then all the previously mentioned characters should get it as well.

1 Like

Except Marendar was being set up as the next major villain. He might not have gotten as much development as was planned, but he is a major player regardless.

I’m not saying all those other characters shouldn’t get appearances. I just think they’re probably at the bottom of the priority list due to their relative obscurity.

2 Likes

So I may be a bit dyscelxic when I read Jerbraz’s description.

I thought he was some hands!

4 Likes

Yeah he was being set up as a major villain. But that didn’t go anywhere :stuck_out_tongue: So ultimately, the only thing Marendar did in the story was getting out of his crypt. All the aforementioned characters’ roles, while still pretty minor, were bigger than his, so I think they deserve a spot on the list. In fact, I don’t understand how TTV could have chosen Marendar over, say, Johmak, Kojol or Tridax.

And, c’mon, just because you don’t know these characters doesn’t make them that obscure. Most of them appeared in the story serials only, but so did Marendar, so I’d say their “obscurity” is on a similar level.

Now if people were talking about having contests for Lein, Shu or Boreas, that’s a whole different story… These are some real obscure characters.

5 Likes

I am really looking forward to having an official Orde, he is such an interesting character.

I have always imagined him having a blue, ornamental pakari. He could be somewhat of a prophet like character because he is so old, and knows so much. Maybe he has a golden cloak or something.

3 Likes

THE INVISIBLE ORDER OF MATA NUI AGENT!

3 Likes

…jerbraz

2 Likes

Only issue with that is we would effectively be determining the canon look of their entire species as well. But not a deterent IMO. Unmutated Barraki be my top choice, frankly more than some of the ones on the main list (Does anyone really care about the rando Toa from the unfinished serial?)

-Sol

3 Likes