BIONICLE Canon Contest #1 - The First, Part 2 (Galva_)

Join me, and bring order back to this war-torn world.

79 Likes

Amazing! All the good designs are making the choice hard!

4 Likes

Ah, finally! I was wondering if youā€™d make a Helryx. This one definitely has my vote, this is an extremely good interpretation. Especially the shoulders, love that change

4 Likes

This is definitely my favorite entry so far.

2 Likes

I love how it looks like itā€™s from the Miramax movies.

5 Likes

Perhaps, if this wins, you may be granted the ability to name the mask. If so, @Galva_Nize, what name would you propose?

havent thought of one yet, but i doubt that thatā€™s gonna be a part of the contest anyways

4 Likes

Itā€™s alright, I was just curious. Of course it is not part of the contest, but it may be honored to the winner. I would just like to see the unnamed masks granted names.

yeah itā€™d definitely be cool

1 Like

They canā€™t be given names since those woul have to be approved by Lego

1 Like

Looks awesome. Like something out of a Bionicle Movie. Also really like your mask and the way you added the holes for the tubes looks super clean

5 Likes

Dang, the style really reminds me of the 2001 promos, awesome job!

1 Like

This mask design has always been my favourite for the character. The full artwork is also very good, definitely in my top few. Although thereā€™s something about the render that looks almostā€¦ blurry? to the eye.

It might not have been intentional but I also like how the ā€˜back hoseā€™ is positioned lower on the back than on the original model, which has a habit of falling out.

The render has a few Post Processing effects applied, so thatā€™s probably the ā€œblurrinessā€ youā€™re seeing.

4 Likes

nicely done, great art!

2 Likes

iā€™m rootin for this one :eyes:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s so awesome!

Your mask is definitely one of my favorites, an inspiration for my own in fact!

The render here is really great!

2 Likes

Really like what you did with her back. The detail on this looks great, and I can almost see this in a CGI ad like they used to have.

1 Like

This is one of my favorite entries and I intend to stick with your mask regardless of the results. It looks good irl and the tubes fit in perfectly. Well done.

Edit: This is a wip Iā€™m still waiting for the tubes to arrive

7 Likes

The absence of the right arm and leg tubing and lengthening the neck does make this look a lot cleaner and respectable. But I think this 3-D model utilizes a good style that at least makes the original creationā€™s flaws tolerable.

1 Like