BIONICLE Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker

Is there proof? A quick google shows a completely different lower half

doubts aside, I’d prefer to shut myself down here and move back to the MoC, y’know, the relevant one :wink:

Definitely the same.

(Lower right corner)

(Centre of the image)

1 Like

They are two wayyy different pieces in molding, something strange is that they can unite, that’s something that brings even more questions that were never asked in G2.

So, the Vahi and this mask are different? Do they ever connect or is it just a reference to g1’s put in the sky or on some rocks?
vahi g2

Additionally to that, the point was just to say that masks look different between the two 'boots, and even if Vahi looks exactly the same and my point is moot, at least it doesn’t have any g1 specific things on it, like Ekimu’s okotan carvings

1 Like

Those symbols looks suspiciously non-G1.

https://board.ttvchannel.com/uploads/db5640/original/3X/e/b/eb222d794fefe609ffe3b779fc9a2e12c4b55aee.jpg

Better picture.

That’s not the same. That’s a vague nod to G1 in an animation which may or may not take actual canon precedence over other sources whereas putting Ekimu’s MoC in G1 is completely different.

Because I don’t want to have to hear those arguments for the next ten years, and trust me, they will happen. I’d rather vote for a mask which improves the design, abandons any connection to G2, fits the personality for Artakha WAY better, and supports one of my favorite community modelers.

Like, there’s every disadvantage to choosing the G2 one and every advantage to choosing KhingK’s or anyone else’s.

4 Likes

I second this. And the future of arguments about the carvings would irk so many people, not just me or Ghid

To revisit another point I made though, I’d like to see a raise of hands of how many artists will be participating and entering the G2 MoC as opposed to a more unique, original, more Artakha-like mask

That image is from the second or third comic book. The first one features the Gen I design, implying that both exist in the GII universe.

An image:

1 Like

Well, I’ll be. Point still stands that it has no implications aside existence, where Ekimu’s being in G1 would add in an entirely new alphabet and crap-tons of people complaining / “theorizing” about their additions (personally not excited about that, you shouldn’t be either)

I saw the Vahi and I clapped!

2 Likes

I for one think having the same shape for the Mask of Creation brings us a little closer to there being some concrete relationship between G1 and G2, which I am in full support of.

3 Likes

Your own preferences are not advantages.

Really, that’s the reason? I know that lots of people think of post-closure web serials and Greg’s answers as ridiculous crap. And those people will just ignore all related contests, instead of wining about it. What are you afraid of? Someone writing a comment?

That sounds like you didn’t read the CONTEXT, even though the next part of your comment recognizes it…

If we can avoid that person writing that comment by making the source something that makes sense within the world of G1 BIONICLE, that’d be preferable, no?

1 Like

Hey, they work for me. If the hassle of complications is an advantage for you, power to you.

Yeah man, your comment in particular is giving me night terrors

And I know a lot of people who treat them as holy writ. Some of them run a little website called Biosector01, and a few others even got the change to talk with Greg and get his approval to hold canon contests.

The people who care will continue to care, and the ones who don’t aren’t paying attention to the contests anyway.

3 Likes

Just a little note:

I was the one who originally conceptualized that mask design and then got Onuku to 3D model it. Now that I’ve made my own 3D model for the Mask of Creation, everything has come full circle.

10 Likes

We already talked about that. There is no reason why Ekimu’s mask can’t be Artakha’s except for the runes, which is a problem only if you want it to be.

Again, what complications? The runes are the same? As I said, it’s a problem only if you want it to be one.

Just because they have different opinion, doesn’t mean they don’t care. I can also say that some people you’re talking about don’t care much, as they still go through Greg’s answers 10 years after, instead of actually contributing something to the lore. But that’s just an opinion and not a truth. So you too should call the things by their own names, instead of regarding people with different opinion as “holy writ”. That’s just stupid.

Where can I find your model?

Shapeways and Thingiverse, search KhingK or Mask of Creation and you should find it

I’m pretty done with trying to argue with someone who won’t listen so how about this:

There is no reason why Ekimu’s mask can’t be Artakha’s. Similarly, no-one is going to make Ekimu’s mask Artakha’s. There’s an art portion. There is no reason to submit Ekimu’s mask in said art portion.

To clarify the “won’t listen” as I’m sure that’s controversial: Conversation require’s 2 parties minimum; to continue conversation, both parties should understand what the other is saying. That isn’t happening here in any way

Here’s what I don’t get. You’ve mentioned that this contest is a chance for us to decide what gets to be canon. If we have the chance to make something more similar to what it’s been stated to be, why should we squander it? What is the purpose of having its design be exactly the same across generations when this whole contest is about making an accurate appearance for Artakha and the Mask of Creation?

2 Likes