BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard, Part 2 (Art) + Part 1 Winners

When you go to the Artwork section of the Boards, you will see a blue circle in the lower right corner with a ‘+’ sign:

When you move your mouse over the circle, it will expand into a button that you can click to make a new topic:

Then, once you create your topic, you simply copy/paste the link into a reply in this topic:

5 Likes

Thanks for that, but I don’t have the sign “+” on the corner, while I am logged in …

Almost 6 hours left… who’s getting goosebumps?!

Yes, thank you, I forgot a step, thank you very much !!!

They extended the deadline by three weeks:

6 Likes

Thanks for all

2 Likes

I appreciate the convenience this extension creates for artists who haven’t posted entries/make final edits. Yet, I’m really eager for the winners to complete the builder Mocs. I’ve been dreaming of the day all 6 Toa Hagahs have OFFICIAL canonized models since the OG Hagah :thought_balloon:

I’ve low key had dreams where I’m walking into a store and find variants (differed each dream) of Gaaki, Bomonga, Kualus and Pouks

3 Likes

2021 is the Year of the Hagah Hullabaloo. It’s all Hagah all day every day 24/7 365 days of Hagah. Awake, asleep, you can’t escape the Hagah.

4 Likes

eljay said that there’s a possibility that this year’s Tuyet contest will be held,

but yeah… I think it’s hard.

Who knows. Maybe it’ll start late december. Right after Christmas. That’s still 2021.

1 Like

Keep in mind that the mods took an extended Christmas break last year, from mid-December all the way through New Year’s.

With the extension, the Hagah Art Contest submission period should wrap up on October 2nd. Going off of the Helryx and Artakha contests, the voting should take around 11 days; call it 2 weeks to account for any delays, which brings us to October 16th.

Then there’s the three week break between contests, and the Tuyet MOC submission should start around the first week of November. The entire Artakha Contest, from the opening of the MOC submissions to the end of the final art poll, took 71 days.

Maybe we could do the Art portion, then have Christmas break before opening the three week art submission? It would basically be another extended art submission period.

2 Likes

I mean, I don’t see there being a huge break between the Hagah and Tuyet contests, at least not the way there was between Artakha and the Hagah.

Having only one contest in an entire year would be slightly discouraging.

2 Likes

Is Lariska next or is it Tuyet?

Tuyet

Character list:
Toa Helyrx - Canon Design | Inspiration MOC
Artakha - Canon Design | Inspiration MOC
Remaining 4 Toa Hagah (Bomonga, Pouks, Kualus, Gaaki)
Toa Tuyet
Lariska
Toa Orde
Toa Zaria
Toa Chiara
Toa Nidhiki
Toa Varian
Gold Skinned Being
Marendar

4 Likes

For some reason I switched the two in my head. Thanks!

1 Like

Before the art submission, I would’ve put odds on the Tuyet contest happening this year. But now, I can’t imagine Eljay or Meso would want to do a contest in the midst of the holiday season, especially since at least one of their jobs (I’d dare say both personally) see a massive spike around that time of year. Pure speculation on my part, but yeah, I’m expecting Tuyet to be 2022.

So what you’re saying is, they could start the next contest, but they’re not going Tuyet?

no one else has made that pun before I’m the first for realz 100% original.

12 Likes

Et Tu(yet), Brute?

4 Likes

So, tangential to something I’ve seen recently, here is a rules question to consider: images of real models with filters and edits are not explicitly banned in the rules for the art contest - are they fair game to enter?

Wait I thought submission to the art contest is supposed to end on September 11 did I miss sth?

1 Like