BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard, Part 2 (Art) + Part 1 Winners

Transform him into a Toa of light just for a scarf, uff. The advantage would be that with exception of the spear tip, all the other pieces exist in those colors.

You gotta love how Pouks has slightly larger thighs than the rest of them.

8 Likes

I take full responsibility

1 Like

Congratulations to @Kodiak for Pouks! I can’t say I think much of the rest of them or of this contest at all. I really wish Kualas had gotten mask-change consent, that mask is horrifying to me.

5 Likes

this guys afraid of bald guys with glasses

16 Likes

You gotta love how an entry that didn’t even follow the rules won.

8 Likes

Thank you so much everyone! I never imagined something like this happening ever. As someone who was initially lukewarm, the contest went a lot better than expected and I’m really happy with all of the winners.

23 Likes

BIG BOY BOMONGA WON LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO

3 Likes

We’re only halfway through, but I still want to congratulate the winner of the MOC category!

Congratulations, @TheUnderscoredDouble , @SubParFauxPas , @doni , and @Kodiak ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts::clap::clap::clap:

16 Likes

A massive round of congratulations to @Kodiak @TheUnderscoredDouble @doni and @SubParFauxPas.
[Pretend that I’ve attached that gif from the film adaptation of The Great Gatsby starring Leonardo DiCaprio here.]

In all fairness, Doug Walker is pretty terrifying.

19 Likes

I love all these entries and can’t wait to draw them! Controversially, I think I’ll keep all their colors and most of their masks the same (can someone elaborate on why Galva wouldnt want his mask used for Gaaki? I’m happy to oblige I’m just confused as to why). I think the color split of two gold, two silver, and two other works pretty well and I could see it happening in an actual toy line. Plus it will make them pretty interesting standing together.

Now, as for the matter of drawing SIX ridiculously greebled characters like this in one image…

9 Likes

Because a mask designed to be the Mask of Clairvoyance will be canonized as anything but the mask of Clairvoyance.

5 Likes

The only actual reason i don’t want to have that masked canonized, in all honesty, is that i don’t like it anymore. it’s an old model of mine and it’s fairly amateurish in comparison to my more recent work in several ways.

if someone wants to redesign it for their art then go right ahead, but as is i’m not a big fan of the design.

14 Likes

By putting Galva’s Mask of Clairvoyance in the artwork, it would absolutely make (in canon) Galva’s Mask of Clairvoyance NOT the Mask of Clairvoyance.

If I could make a recommendation, I’d suggest a Mask of Adaptation or Perp’s artwork mask (for the rounder features)

7 Likes

What do you mean? Carpal tunnel is your frieeeeend.

4 Likes

Well I went and done posted my thoughts on the wrong topic:

Honestly I’d like to see a Rode. It has that same horn silhouette, the mask exists in Lego parts, and one of the winners also had it so it was obviously popular.

EDITED FOR DOUBLE POST - Spiderus Prime

3 Likes

Ah, got it, thanks

tbh, many gaaki MOC were pretty similar, so I think it would be nice if mask changed uniquely design

ahh I should’ve used Ben 10 leg on my gaaki

edit

Does kualus’s muffler actually exist parts?

1 Like

I think so, purely as a technicality, in that you can’t see the thigh armour in the entry photo.

Also someone flagged me for spam for accidentally double-posting. Can u not

@Spiderus_Prime apologies, that was a joke. I want people to take my point seriously, so please don’t call me a jerk in my own post.

3 Likes

All things considered, this is probably the best outcome. They all look about as unique as they can while still feeling like part of a group. Bomonga has lost the rhotuka function, but with a little tinkering, that should be easy to add back in (just put in the launcher bit and mount it to his finger via an axle)

I believe it’s from a CCBS Star Wars set.

5 Likes