BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard

These are exactly what I used on mine, they do work, but can wear off, so be warned. Store the Toa Hagah with care due to this. I made mine from April-September 2020 and they’re still in good shape depending on how well protected they were.

2 Likes

I hope they at least review some of the un-reviewed entries before the entry period ends, to give entrants an opportunity to modify their entries if necessary.

7 Likes

Hey guys, I’m brand new to TTV and am about to attempt to enter the contest (correctly). I’ve never used this site before and am still figuring it and the rules out, so some help/patience would be appreciated. It’s hard for me to figure out how exactly I’m supposed to enter this, with so many specifications, but I may try numerous ways of posting/replying with the pictures.

3 Likes

Create a new topic (the blue circle) and post a reply with a link to your topic to this topic :Honor Guard: Entry List - #119 by UltimateGuurahk
also welcome btw

1 Like

You should probably read all the rules too.

3 Likes

Welcome to the site.

To enter, create a new topic (a blue circle in the lower right if you’re on a desktop/laptop, or the Create New Topic button on mobile), and post your entries, which must comply with the rules in this topic. Then, post a link to that topic to this topic and wait for one of the administrators to review it.

3 Likes

And you would need to be of the trust level of villager (

) if you arent already

1 Like

So I have to get to this level in order to enter the contest? Good thing I have a few days left! I definitely intend to post a lot here, just don’t want to rush in just yet.

3 Likes

Not really to enter but to post all the pictures and to vote so yeah basically to enter you need that trust level

1 Like

Ah, forgot about that. Yes, you have to reach the Protector badge to be able to upload images. Just hop around a few of the latest topics for a few minutes and you’ll be fine.

3 Likes

Thanks bro! I’ll go around liking and reading/clicking on tons of stuff haha. I put off joining this site for months but when I saw there was a Toa Hagah contest, I knew I had to enter… they were my first huge project upon my return to Bionicle and I’d be heartbroken if I couldn’t enter them! Plus they’re really creative too, I think people will love them.

4 Likes

I would recommend to just visit random topics and read some posts. You already have the read time to get to the next level
(you said that already)

No problem! Make sure you check out the Introduce Yourself topic to share a little about yourself.

guys I should be TTV’s official marketing agent

3 Likes

I’ve officially become a Villager thanks to all your help! Think I’m good to legally enter the contest now? I’ll certainly hop around even more. As for my topics and posts (and I intend to post a LOT of them in the future), I’d prefer to focus on those after I finally enter the contest… it’s been a long time coming!

5 Likes

Yup should be all fine now. Glad to help

1 Like

@UltimateGuurahk Regarding your entry topic, I believe that its title should include the name of the contest (i.e. “Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard”) as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know it’s a bit late to ask, and I can’t remember whether or not this has been answered already, but how do the rules on non-purism apply in relation to artwork?

Since MOCs and drawn art are being entered in this contest interchangeably, wouldn’t modifications to a MOC such as cut/glued parts or digitally edited designs be functionally identical to just drawing the character that way in artwork?

2 Likes

I agree with most of your points. I would add that I’ll vote for the entries judging them as they are shown despite if they allow change mask, color or spear. The changing of this parametres in the art portion should be keep only for sake of consistency and not because the artist wants to add his own mark. I will give a pass in the mask if the autor says is just a place holder.

I don’t care if the entry doesn’t have a rhotuka shield since it will have it in the canon art portion.

I don’t agree with this. I think this contest are a great oportunity for having new masks, but the use of a new 3D mask or an old existing one won’t affect my vote.

One thing it will affect my vote is the use a mask with the same color of another character. For example silver Rode or golden Lhikan Hau is a no-no for me, because it will make look the Toa like Axxon or Lhikan to me. Instead, I have no problems with a golden Rode.

Since we don’t vote for a team, we don’t know yet if they would have unique spear tips. I won’t vote for a Toa using a Rahkshi staff as tip, because the Rahaga have these and Norik and Iruini have a different tip as Toa, so I don’t see the rest of the team having the same tip as a Rahaga or having the tip of other team member.

Another thing is replicability. For example an entry use two golden Kraahkan as shoulder armor, and with all the respect to the autor, is too expensive to replicate.

5 Likes

Oh… you can use a custim shield I just want the function to be intact, thought I should clarify that

We still vote for individual characters my point is if I vote for a Hagah with a Hahli Mahri claw I won’t vote for a second hagah with one unless its the same Hagah.

I like the Kanohi we already got so I guess we just have to agree to disagree

2 Likes

So how much detail of the toa is required for the art contest? I had a few ideas but most of them exclude details like the bottom legs so one of the hagah is too far in the distance.

1 Like