BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard

They already do.

If it fills the following requirements I’ll vote on it:

• Features a working gear box and rhotuka launcher
  • Features the same color distriputions as the two sets hagah, in other words:
    • Main color is: the rahaga’s main color
    • Any Metallic color
    • Uses black socket connectors for feet and hands
    • Avoids a secondary nonmetallic color that isn’t black in its colorscheme
  • Uses socket connectors for hands
  • Aren’t to grebbly and overly detailed
  • Follow good proportions for Toa, shorther thighs than lower legs for example.
  • Follow the proportions of the set hagah
  • Uses non 3D printed masks or non standard masks
  • Uses unique spear tips
  • Avoids the shoulder articulation mod
  • Avoids waist armor
  • Avoids custom limbs
6 Likes

this is the only one of those that i don’t entirely agree with
besides that, they seem about right

4 Likes

My criteria is this:

If it looks cool, I’ll vote for it.

12 Likes

Yeah that’s pretty much mine too.

4 Likes

Maybe I’m misunderstanding what you mean here, but isn’t this impossible?

If you won’t vote for custom masks, and you also won’t vote for pre-existing masks, what does that leave?

I think the means organic and mutated masks with non-standard masks

You’ve got plenty of masks to choose from that has been released in sets. The Mahri masks, the Inika masks, the Mata masks, the Metru masks and the Turaga masks etc

Maybe my phrasing was bad I meant that it uses non standard depictions of the mask they are supposed to have. For example someone who uses gavla’s mask of clairvoyance for Gaaki I would not vote for.

2 Likes

Gear box, yes. Rhotuka, well the final model will obviously have it since it’s required to have the Rhotuka shield, so I don’t care if the original moc doesn’t.

Disagree on this one. Bomonga MUST have a secondary color besides black, for me at least. As for the other three, it’s fine if they do too, especially since it will make Bomonga look less out-of-place.

Agree on all of these.

I’m curious as to what you mean here: do you mean spear tips that don’t match Norik/Iruini, or spear tips that aren’t used by any other entries?

Personally, I’m not really particular on the spear tips – if an entry uses the Aqua Axe or Chronicler’s Staff and doesn’t allow changes, I might be less likely to vote for it, but I don’t really mind if two Hagah share the same spear tip.

2 Likes

Oh yeah. That makes sense.

To put it simply I don’t want any one hagah to share a spear tip. Also now when I think about it the same goes for mask in my opinion

What’s your opinion on new mask shapes that aren’t 3d printed (i.e. hero factory or knights kingdom helmets, or even Hydraxon’s mask)?

1 Like

I’d say go for it out of instinct but I recall reading that those where on the list of masks you couldn’t use and that they would have to be rectified in the art. I’m not sure on this though

Here’s the full list of banned masks from Meso:

-Jutlin
-Avsa
-Mohtrek
-Crast
-Mutated Felnas
-Mutated Shelek
-Mask of Scavenging
-Kraahkan
-Avohkii
-Olisi
-Mask of Light and Shadow
-Tryna
-Ignika
-Vahi
-Mask of Creation (G1 and G2)
-Any Nuva Mask
-Mask of Aging
-Mask of Incomprehension
-Mask of Undeath
-Shapeshifted Mask of Mutation
-Any Glatorian or Agori helmet
-Hero Factory 2.0 and 3.0 helmets
-Mask of Ultimate Power (G2)

So basically, some of them are off the table, but things like a Thunder helmet or any KK helmet is fine.

Edit: here’s the source for that list:

(Quoting long sections of a post is a pain on my phone)

3 Likes

These are exactly what I used on mine, they do work, but can wear off, so be warned. Store the Toa Hagah with care due to this. I made mine from April-September 2020 and they’re still in good shape depending on how well protected they were.

2 Likes

I hope they at least review some of the un-reviewed entries before the entry period ends, to give entrants an opportunity to modify their entries if necessary.

7 Likes

Hey guys, I’m brand new to TTV and am about to attempt to enter the contest (correctly). I’ve never used this site before and am still figuring it and the rules out, so some help/patience would be appreciated. It’s hard for me to figure out how exactly I’m supposed to enter this, with so many specifications, but I may try numerous ways of posting/replying with the pictures.

3 Likes

Create a new topic (the blue circle) and post a reply with a link to your topic to this topic :Honor Guard: Entry List - #119 by UltimateGuurahk
also welcome btw

1 Like

You should probably read all the rules too.

3 Likes

Welcome to the site.

To enter, create a new topic (a blue circle in the lower right if you’re on a desktop/laptop, or the Create New Topic button on mobile), and post your entries, which must comply with the rules in this topic. Then, post a link to that topic to this topic and wait for one of the administrators to review it.

3 Likes