BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard

@Eljay

with regards to the spears–

how strict will the guidelines be here? Skrall armor is allowed, and Iruini’s Cyclone Spear uses the Chronicler’s Staff piece which is two-pronged.

Would pieces such as Kiina’s Trident or Guurahk’s Staff piece be accepted despite having multi-pronged tips?

.Ok, and this might be a bit much, but I’ll ask anyways. So I am color blind. I can tell there is a slight difference in the G1 and G2 silver shades, but to me the main defining difference is the texture and finish of these parts (and Bricklink’s definitions). In my eyes they would be close enough to be considered the same color, but I can’t speak for people with normal eyes. Any thoughts on how those are distinguished for those of us who might not be able to tell the difference between close shades, or is this just a case by case thing?

Cool. Thanks! To what degree are these an exception? Only the mata silver/golds or just any mask can be used?

I think this is referencing the spear head being on just one end and not both, but I agree the phrasing is confusing. I’d also ask what does and doesn’t count as a legitimate spear tip. (Does a G2 skull axe count? Does Kopaka’s sword count? Does an Antroz talon count?)

2 Likes

can i post a pic of my WIP here to ask a couple questions to make sure it fits within rules? i dont think it ready to submit yet but i wanted to ask some stuff before i go thru the final steps of making it polished

Yes. What we mean is don’t put two blades on either side of the axle, like a Rahkshi staff.

At that point, reach out for feedback. If we notice an issue, we’ll let you know.

Any mask, just be aware of the rules.

You can make a topic for feedback, and it won’t count as entered.

4 Likes

Um if i already have thigh armor and use a waistcape in a not metallic color say black is that allowed?

2 Likes

We don’t have rules against it. As long as the actual model retains parity with the other two Hagah.

3 Likes

Ok thanks

Which colors are treated as “metallic”? Is there full list?

E.g. Rahkshi colors don’t really look metallic, but their official name specifies that they are

They are pearl, not metallic.
There is a colour list on bricklink and they have a section for metallics.

As for rules, I see the Vahki pelvis is not good enough for a litttle bit of variety and Gaaki having wide female thighs.
As for Jutlin, I assume both variants?
What about the 2008 Mask of Light? It’s the only one in Pearl Dark Silver that will match the colour scheme.
Why no Tryna? Why can’t Kualus honour Matoro?

1 Like

according BS01, The Tryna is saw as “Dark/immoral Mask” like Makuta’s.(and I saw once the Greg’s answer that may a Makuta existed who wear this)
because its power is “Reanimation a dead-bodies / Making Zonbies”, so Toa wouldn’t wear it.
(Ignika gave it to Matoro when he is transforming to Mahri, for testing his character as destined its user)

1 Like

About my voting preference for the group art contest:
If you can replicate this art style you’ll have my vote. However a replica of any of Randy Elliott’s Hagah art will also be able to sway me not as much but it will still most llikely get my vote.

7 Likes

Norik’s and Iruini’s colors are pearl by Bricklink too. Colors that Bricklink calls “Metallic” are coated parts, and way too different from pearl colors thing.

1 Like

No, Irunii and Norik uses the Flat colors, Flat silver, and Flat dark gold aka takanuva gold

1 Like

They are pearl by Bricklink categorising, despite not having “pearl” in their name: https://www.bricklink.com/catalogColors.asp?utm_content=subnav

2 Likes

no

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=8763-1&name=Toa%20Norik&category=[Bionicle][Toa%20Hagah]#T=I

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=8762-1&name=Toa%20Iruini&category=[Bionicle][Toa%20Hagah]#T=I

Please check the sets inventories next time
//Tarkur

1 Like

Once again, both Flat Dark Gold and Flat Silver are treated by Bricklink as pearl colors

4 Likes

Yes but how does that make them less metallic? gold and silver are both metals, so how is this relevant?

1 Like

Sure, but Hagah on’t have powers actually matching their masks, for me i’s obvious that this one of the Hagah would immidiately reforge their mask to honour Matoro, unless of course they deemed themselves unworthy to wear the mask that looks like their Lord and Saviour.

1 Like

The problem is not either 02 Silver and Dark Gold being non-metallic, problem is the term “Metallic” not being properly. You can mean by this Bricklink color group, any shiny color or “Metallic”-named colors by Lego. Too unclear thing

I think TTV meant the real world metallic optons, not wat BL has in metallica category, I would agree with the list provided by Tarkur, to use primarily the Pearl section with exception of white.
Quick browse through BL metallics shows only Technic “plates” like Tuyet’s shield in those colours.

1 Like