BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard

Here is Bomonga

He is meant to have a smol boye aesthetic so that it is a fun juxtaposition to his mask of growth. The Avohki’s on his shoulders are meant to be thematic and symbolic of how the Hagah rescued the mask of light from the Brotherhood of Makuta. He is silver because he is buildable in silver without painting parts and also cos black and silver kinda evokes stealth. You can make everything but the staff in flat dark gold though, although it would be expensive with the mask of light shoulders. He should be the exact height of Whenua metru head to metru head.

Feel free to change staff, mask, and armor color. I would prefer if armor stayed the same color so you could make it IRL but still consent to changing it. With the mask I would encourage ppl to get creative with it. I kinda like the Kakama shaping but really it was just meant to be a placeholder.

Kualus entry

unlike Bomonga, Kualus cannot be fully made in metallic blue irl. He can however be made in light blue with available pieces with the exception of his shield, but is rendered in metallic blue. I believe King Sidorak might have a free 3d print file to a rhotuka shield available but I have no idea if files exist to print the spinners in blue. Kualus was meant to have swole arms to make him a bit different from previously seen toa of ice. His shoulders also resemble the face of Takua, the matoran who would eventually wear the mask his toa team rescued and become a toa of light. Just a fun little thematic easter egg for ya. Torso is meant to look like icicles and the way mask is right now it kind of fits that look too, but masks can change obviously.

feel free to change any of kualus armor color spear tip or mask altho i kind of like them as is (makeable irl and mask matches chestplate well to look like icicle effect) so please try to keep them the same if you can, but you can change them if you want

I wish everyone the best of luck and thank you to anyone who considers supporting my entries!

STUDIO FILE:

11 Likes

boy cute

1 Like

hopefully he win only time will tell

Ngl, I want this one to win.

1 Like

i do too but im a bit biased cos i made it. tempted to throw together a gaaki or pouks within five mins with recolors but i wont lol

But the inika clawed feet on kualus sorta gives me a little bit of “nah” tho.

1 Like

its for IRL buildability. I can see what you mean. tbh it kinda matches up with making him look swole and a bit different from other toa of ice tho

Also I made this Gaaki. Its not part of my entry I just made a Gaaki with hoeseryx vibes for fun and cos I can.

I really like Bomonga’s spear design, and he looks pretty good overall.

1 Like

Pretty neat, although I feel Kualas’s leg and arm armoring is odd. The Pakaris in particular don’t quite look convincing as shoulder armor. His spear tip is also kinda blunt (like this feedback!).

Bomonga looks great, though. The Avohkiis work fantastically and I really like his spear tip. How did you make it? It looks impossible to me, but I expect there are just pieces I don’t recognize.

2 Likes

With Kualus I am kind of aware of this, but wanted it to be buildable in light blue with a 3D printed shield if people wanted too lol. The bomonga spear is some technic parts and some blade pieces from the 2005 system hordika sets.