Bionicle: Corruption

@Marendex_T17 As long as one person is entertained I’ll keep writing!

Chapter 9:New Powers

“Alright Rookie, the only way that you’re going to survive living with us is if you have some combat training. Lucky for you, I’m a weapons expert!”, Pyro said while loading solidified liquid protodermis spheres into his minigun.
“Are you going to SHOOT ME?”, Keravnos exclaimed, getting ready to run.
“Relax, they’re not live rounds. They’ll leave a welt at best.”, Pyro said grinning as he motioned for Keravnos to grab a training weapon.
“Alright, what do we do now? Do I like, act like I’m going to kill you?”, Keravnos asked.
“As if,”, Pyro chuckled. “I’m going to act like a hostile, and you try to hit me. Try the dual swords first.”, he said.
“Okay!”, Keravnos said as he began to rush towards Pyro. Before Keravnos could even step a few feet, he was decimated by Pyro’s minigun.
“Ow… Lemme try a different weapon.”, Keravnos said as he grabbed the training claws. Yet again, Keravnos was shot down.
“Ughhhh, those really hurt…”, Keravnos said as he walked over and grabbed a singular blade.
“Alright. Ready… Start!”, Pyro exclaimed as he sprayed minigun rounds all over the training facility. This time, he noticed Keravnos was still running at him. Not a projectile had touched him this time, as he had a translucent ,glowing, orange shield around him. Once he reached Pyro, he clubbed him upside the head with the training sword, as well as accidently electrocuting him.
“Did- Did I win?” Keravnos asked as his mentor picked himself up.
“Good Mata Nui, you hit me like a truck! What did you do?!?!?!”, Pyro said, almost furious with his defeat.
“I-I just hit you! But I did make some shield thing, so yeah.”, Keravnos said while turning his shield on and off.
“Hmph. Let me test something real quick. Focus on the palm of your hand. Try to shoot fire, or water, or something.”, Pyro said. As Keravnos began to focus, he saw a spark of lightning, and from there it became an orb of electricity and pure heat.
“Di-Did I do that?!?!”, Keravnos exclaimed.
“Not bad kid. Keep practicing. What was your name again?”, Pyro asked.
“It’s Keravnos. Why?”, Keravnos asked suspiciously.
“Really? Could that actually be you? Keravnos, it’s me, Drakred!”, Pyro/Drakred exclaimed.

2 Likes

#PLOT TWIST!

But seriously, Pyro recognizing Keravnos’ name is interesting. As a side note, there are apparently two chapter eights.

1 Like

Not anymore!

1 Like

Another short chapter, sorry!

Chapter 10:Reunions and Stories

“Drakred!!! But… You disappeared off the face of the Spherus Magna three years ago! What happened?”, Keravnos questioned his long time best friend eagerly.
“Well you see, I was just living my normal life as a guard in Ta-Magna when a Messenger slipped me a small package. I opened it, and there was a small red stone along with coordinates. I entered those into my communication unit, and it brought me to an old archaeological temple, where me and five other Matoran became Toa. I had to change my name to evade the MPF, but man is it good to see you!”, Pyro told Keravnos with a hearty slap on the back.
“But if there were six Matoran and I wasn’t one, where’s the sixth?”, Keravnos asked.
“…Poor Pagos… He’s been gone for a year. We were on a mission to destroy a MPF weapons facility, and he had to stay behind. If it weren’t for him, we all would’ve died. He had already been shot a couple times, and he didn’t have much energy left, so he made an icy shruiken and threw it into an electrical generator after we had escaped. If he hadn’t done that, we would’ve been hunted and killed.”, Pyro explained with a dark expression on his face.
“I’m… I’m sorry.”, Keravnos said as he tried to comfort Pyro.
“Welp, there’s nothing we can do now, so let’s go and find you that room that you never got!”, Pyro said, trying to change the subject as they went off down the hallway.

2 Likes

APOLOGIES FOR THE LACK OF CHAPTERAGE. Two days I was just being lazy, one day I was cutting my lawn, and I was at a concert yesterday, so yeah! The concert was great by the way!

Chapter 11:Military Meetings##

On the way to Keravnos’ new quarters, Pyro told the rest of the team of his best friend’s history. They didn’t care much, but Aquis recognized him as well, as she used to be a Ga-Matoran trader that saw him while delivering goods at Ko-Magna. They became friends, but when she became a Toa they lost contact.
“Alright, so this is your room!”, Pyro said without stepping in, as that would change the color of the elemental based rooms. “Just step in and set your stuff down Keravnos!”, Pyro said as he walked away. As Keravnos looked into his new room, he saw that it had a PC, furniture, and a bed. As he walked closer to the room, the walls started to glow and sparkle. Just as the walls began to change to a bronze color, an alarm, almost like a ringtone went off.
“Yo Pyro, what’s that?”, Paloe shouted over the ringing.
“Something’s going on with that terminal we found earlier. Keravnos, we need you to be our techie again!”, Pyro shouted.
As the Toa Knicron made their way to the terminal, the ringing got louder, and when Keravnos sat down in the swivel chair and started typing, a video link was established.
“Who the Karzahni are you?!?!”, the gruff figure on the screen barked.
“The question is who are YOU?”, Pyro questioned back.
“I’m Commander Stratio. Now answer me!”, the gruff commander yelled.
“We’re the new Knicron.”, Keravnos said in a small voice.
“NEW? What happened to the original?”, the commander nearly screamed.
“They’re dead.”, Aquis said.
“…Oh.”, Stratio said in a much quieter tone. “Well if you’re the new guys, you need training. Come to our base, and we can equip you. It’s near the heart of the Magna Citadel. Meet us tomorrow.”, the soldier said as he closed the video link.
Sure, come through the heart of the Citadel, home of the Infected, Easy. Keravnos thought sarcastically.

1 Like

MOAR APOLOGIES FOR LACK OF CHAPTERAGE, but tonight Imma type a couple chapters.

Chapter 12:The Citadel’s Corruption

The Toa Knicron were making a shortcut to the citadel. The tank-car had been loaded with explosive ammo, and they were destroying mountains and forests to get to the Citadel. Keravnos got to man the Cordak blaster this time, which was fairly fun.
“Yo Pyro, how much longer 'till we hit the Citadel?”, Paloe shouted over the noise of explosions.
“I think we’re there…”,Keravnos said in awe as he saw the Citadel’s engineering for the first time. The heart of Spherus Magna had technology to rival that of Metru Nui, and it all had been wasted. The buildings had top tier engineering and were all in perfect condition except for one in the middle with an ink-black tentacly blob attached to it.
“Is that another Morbuzaka?!?!?!”,Vrom said with a slight shiver of fear.
“No… That’s something much worse.”,Aquis said with dread in her voice.“That’s ‘Patient Zero’, so to speak. The source of the Infected.”.
“And how do you know this?”,Pyro asked skeptically.
“Wait guys, shush! Something’s… singing?”,Keravnos exclaimed.
Oh. Welcome heroes. I was not aware you wanted to die.”, a whispery voice said.
“What was that”,Keravnos squeaked.
Oh, me? I am nothing, but everything. I am death and life. I am the Corruption of this city, the result of their pollution, their greed, their evil. And I am your end.”,the Corruption said maliciously.
“Well screw off Corruption, we’re not here to fight.”, Pyro yelled. All the Corruption did was cackle.
Ahhh, Toa Pyro, the one who shall die soon. Now I know who you are. Aquis, the Toa of Water that will lose the one she loves, Paloe, the one who has died before, Laevo, the one who must choose, Vrom, the bystander for it all, and Keravnos, the one who must leave.”,the Corruption cackled maniacally.
“SHUT UP!!!”, Paloe screamed, loosing a stone shattering elemental blast at the black blob.
“Calm down Paloe.”, Pyro said.
“Wait, what are you guys talking about?”, Keravnos inquired.
“Look, before you joined the team, we had gone on a mission. On that mission, Paloe was fatally injured. On our way back to base, his heartlight went off. It was just pure luck that we were able to revive him…”, Vrom explained quietly to avoid setting off Paloe again.
“Hey boys, look. There’s a base up ahead. Think that’s the place?”, Aquis said shakily, as what the Corruption had said unsettled her.
Yes Toa, gear up for your impending doom…”.

More later, but I must attend to things.

I AM BACK FROM A HIATUS THAT LASTED FAR TOO LONG! So yeah, stuff happens, depression, blah blah blah, STORY TIME!

Chapter 13:New Gear

Shortly after the encounter with the Citadel’s Corruption, the Toa arrived at the Military Base. The soldiers weren’t all too trustworthy of the Toa, but the men outfitted the Toa nonetheless. Pyro got a new minigun and two swords, Vrom got a Quake Scythe, Aquis got a Nui Rifle, Laevo got dual Aero blasters, Paloe gained a simple staff, and Keravnos was outfitted with a sword and a shoulder mounted energy cannon.
“So, you rookies happy with your new toys?”, Stratio asked.
“How does this shoulder cannon work?!?!”, Keravnos shouted, frustrated.
“Chill man, just a standard neural link. Point, think, and blow stuff up.”, Pyro said.
“Oh.” Keravnos muttered, feeling like an idiot.
“So, you guys got a shooting range or what?”, Vrom asked.
“Indeed we do! Go down the hall, take a left, then take a right, make a U-turn, keep going straight…”.
As Stratio was talking Keravnos suddenly cried out in pain. When his team turned to look at him, he was keeled over on the floor, shaking. He had no physical injuries, but Keravnos was seeing something no one else could. It was an image of an elegant yet ghostly being dressed in ornate golden armor.
"You must go to the Toa Suva. There you will find many a blades. Look for the true blade. If you find it, then you truly are my herald. If not, may Mata Nui have mercy on your soul.".
The being slowly faded from sight, and Keravnos was conscious again. He was gasping for air when he realized that he was in the tank again.
“Wha-What happened?”, Keravnos exclaimed.
“Dunno, you passed out. We’re heading back to base.” Aquis said in a friendly tone.
“Oh, ok.”, Keravnos quietly said.
Back at the base, Keravnos stepped into his room and set his things down. He wasn’t paying attention, so he didn’t notice that the walls had turned bronze.

2 Likes

I reeeeaaaaly need an upload schedule… So yeah. School. 'Nuff said.

Chapter 14:The Call

Keravnos had left. He didn’t remember leaving, as he must’ve done it in his sleep, but he had certainly left his base. When he woke, he had a set of coordinates implanted in his mind, and he had apparently taken a laptop, which he was using to locate the area he needed to go.
Why am I here again?” he asked himself, when he felt a sharp pain in his head. He cried out and then dropped to the ground. The ornate golden man was there again.
"You have come. Good, very good. I assume you know where the Toa Suva is. If not, it is in Ga-Magna, the location of the Final Toa Massacre. As I aforementioned, there are many a blades there, including the one you must find, being my sword, the Equilibrium. If you can find it, you truly are my herald, for I am Artakha, the Creator, who now lays slain in the Suva." Artakha said. “I will guide you along the way too the Suva.”, He added to sum up his monologue.
Keravnos shrugged and continued along his way.

It had been months since Pyro had seen Keravnos. Aquis was grieving, as Keravnos was presumed dead, and although she had never said, she loved him, even as Matoran [spoiler]That's right skrubs love is canon in my dimension.[/spoiler]. Vrom and the rest of the team was just shocked, and Pyro was angry.
"I'm going to personally pull those Makuta apart piece by piece and SHIP THEM OFF TO KARZAHNI!" Pyro yelled, nearly loud enough to shake the base.
Aquis, clearing her eyes of tears, just shook her head. "We don't even know if it was the Makuta, Pyro.", she sobbed. "He could've... offed himself, with the overwhelming sensation of being a Toa.".
Vrom and Paloe walked into the room, telling Aquis and Pyro to follow them. Using the combined forces of Earth and Stone, the had made an intricate tombstone for their missing friend.
EDIT: I just realized how my chapters are slowly getting shorter.
2 Likes

Chapter 15:An Encroaching Threat

Keravnos had been away for months now, and he was just barely surviving. He wouldn’t even be surviving if it weren’t for Artakha’s ghost telling him what berries and Rahi he could eat and which ones would knock him flat in a millisecond. At this point though, all his toil had been worth it. He had arrived at the Suva.
Ahhh, the Suva. My final resting place. How it has changed.”, Artakha said as Keravnos looked around. It was very dusty, and various Toa tools littered the floor. There were so many blades, and they all had such incredible craftsmanship.
“Wow, this place is-”, Keravnos started saying aloud, when he heard a clanking noise on the other side of the Suva. Keravnos initially panicked and scrambled around for cover, when he saw a barricade and dove behind it. From behind the Suva emerged the Biggest squad of Vahki Keravnos had ever seen, both in size and in number.
“How am I supposed to destroy these things???” Keravnos mentally screamed at Artakha. “I barely have any training!!!”.
Focus your energies and release in a bolt form.”, the spirit commanded him. As Keravnos did so, he felt a surge of energy as all the Vahki shut down. He had released a bolt of chain lightning, disabling all the Vahki temporarily. He used this moment to scramble around and look for the most ornate sword he could find.
“How am I supposed to find this sword anyways? Is it, like, a cutlass, or a broadsword, or a katana, or what?”, Keravnos inquired of the spirit.
You will feel it’s energy course through you if you are my descendant.”, Artakha said as a whirring sound pierced the silence.
“What the Karzahni? The Vahki are booting back up already?!?!”, Keravnos exclaimed as he stood, paralyzed with fear.

Glacious, Edix, Vinek, Shadius, Dagon, and the cloaked figure stood around a table, weapons laid across it. They were preparing to use an ability that they had been granted with by the highest of all beings, Makuta Teridax.
"Are you sure Edix?", the cloaked figure asked.
"I am positive. My elite Vahki squadron saw a golden figure in the Suva. These are the Vahki that I made with my own four hands. They are not wrong.", Edix said. The group around the table commenced to Shadow travel to the Suva, saying as a last remark, "Teridax will worship the day he made us Makuta Shades when we bring him the head of a rare Toa!"".
1 Like

I need to read this again, it’s kinda fallen off my radar

Yeah, I actually had to re-read the chapters that I already wrote. :confused:

Chapter16:A Simple Blade

Keravnos was panicking. These were the largest Vahki he’d ever seen, and they were rebooting too fast for his tastes. Out of fear, Keravnos sprinted around the Suva, picking up the most ornate and beautiful swords he could find. Unfortunately, this yielded no result, as he felt no “energy” in any of the blades.
“ARTAKHA, JUST TELL ME WHAT THE DANG SWORD LOOKS LIKE!!!”, Keravnos nearly screamed in his mind.
I cannot, for I do not remember.”, Artakha calmly replied. This statement stopped Keravnos dead in his tracks. How was he supposed to find a sword without a description? As he thought this, however, a sword caught his eye. It was nothing special; just a dusty sword with a golden blade and silver crossbar. Keravnos decided to ignore it, and continued his search for the Equilibrium.

One of the shortcomings of the Shades' shadow travel was that they could not travel directly to a sacred Toa monument. There is no rhyme or reason for this, but it more than angered the cloaked figure, more so than his Shade companions. 
"We are nearly there Edix; let us hope your Vahki were not wrong.", Dagon said with the intent of sparking an argument.
"You *dare* to que-", Edix began, when he was interrupted by the cloaked figure.
"Silence, both of you. We have arrived in Ga-Magna. Follow me.", the cloaked figure sneered.

Keravnos had tried nearly every weapon on the floor to no avail when the Suva shook. A very loud and very menacing voice resonated through the room.
“Let us in, Toa, and we will make your death swift. Ignore our warning, and we will hand you over to Glacious’ Skakdi. Your choice, and you have a minute to decide.”, the voice threatened. Keravnos was petrified with fear, but he realized that there was one weapon he had not tried; the simple, dusty blade. Upon picking it up, the blade glowed a light shade of bronze, and Keravnos knew it was the right one. Unfortunately, the Vahki woke at this moment.
“S-s-stay back you over-sized fax machines!”, Keravnos yelled, waving the heavy blade around in front of himself. The Vahki, seemingly un-disturbed, continued their approach. This continued until Keravnos accidently smacked one of the Vahki on the side of the head with the blade, sending the upper half of its’ head flying. The other Vahki, startled by this turn of events readied their Kanoka launchers, when Keravnos, out of pure adrenaline, rushed them. There was a clash of blades; many blades in fact, but Keravnos came out victorious, although severely injured and bleeding from several deep wounds in his torso.
“What do I do now?”, Keravnos panted, as he heard the door to the Temple explode. The Shades had arrived.

CLIFFHANGER!

1 Like

Chapter 17:The Son of Artakha

The Shades were on their way, and Keravnos knew what he needed to do via Artakha. He knew he didn’t have much time, so he started to climb the Suva, and as he did so his hands started pulsing electricity. In turn, these pulses opened up a slot on the top of the Suva.
“Come out little Toa.”, one of the Shades sneered from down the corridor, followed by more explosions. Keravnos, now on top of the Suva, asked Artakha for guidance.
“Alright, what do I do?!?!?!”, Keravnos said in a panicked voice. Artakha didn’t say anything this time, but Keravnos knew what to do all of a sudden. Raising his new blade, he slammed the point into the slot and cried out in pain as his body was washed in a blinding blue light. This was the moment where Keravnos, out of blurred vision, saw the Makuta running towards the Suva room.
“What in Teridax’s name…?”, the cloaked figure said. At this point, Keravnos was screaming, as there was no part of his body not in pain. Keravnos couldn’t even think straight, when Artakha’s final instruction was planted in Keravnos’ brain; Turn the Sword. Keravnos did this almost without a second thought, and this sealed the deal, completing Artakha’s mission.
“AAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!”, Keravnos screamed as the Suva released a pulse of blue energy, knocking away all the Shades but one; the unnamed figure that had finally been de-cloaked from the blast.
“Tut tut tut, Toa. Being rare, I thought you’d be more powerful. Let me introduce myself. I am Makuta Arax, Shade of Fire.”, Arax calmly said, unfazed by the blast The second blast however, not even Keravnos expected. A giant, holographic Mask of Creation appeared, slowly becoming solid and locking the Makuta out of the room.
“What? NO!!!”, Arax screamed, unfolding his metallic wings and speeding towards the door. Before he could reach the door, it pulsed and turned into Protosteel. Inside the newly created Vault, Keravnos collapsed. Beside him, a translucent Artakha appeared.
You truly are my son, Keravnos.”, Artakha quietly said as the temple began to crumble.

Chapter 18:Home

When Keravnos woke up, the first thing he realized was that he was taller. Not much taller, but still taller. He felt groggy, as if someone had been bashing his skull in with a mallet, but he did notice that the Equilibrium had turned into an ornate blade, glowing with electricity.
“Mata Nui, I’ve got one Karzahni of a migraine.”, he groaned, picking up the blade and instinctively clipping it to his back.
“Huh, I remember this being a lot heavier.”, Keravnos thought. As he left the Suva, he looked at his reflection in the wall, and he saw that he was much bulkier than he had been, but his golden Hau still was the same.
“Wait, hold up! What the Karzahni HAPPENED?”, Keravnos said as he realized that the temple had caved in on itself. As Keravnos set to work cutting away at the rubble, he saw something strange out of the corner of his eye. It was a small group of numbers, most colored green, swiftly changing on the wall. There seemed to be a pattern, but before Keravnos could derive meaning from this, the numbers were gone.
“Huh, that’s odd. Ow, my eyes!”, Keravnos said as he broke through to the outside. He didn’t know how much time had passed, but he hadn’t seen light in a long time.

Pyro heard a knock on the door of their base. A knock! Who knocks on a door, especially a Toas'?
"Aquis, get the door. Bring your knife.", Pyro shouted from his workshop. When Aquis reached the door, however, Pyro heard her scream. He immediately reached for the nearest weapon, being his prototype minigun, and sprinted towards the door.  When Pyro reached Aquis, he dropped his minigun out of shock. After 3 years of him being missing, Keravnos had returned.

“Your telling me I was gone for THREE YEARS!?!?!?!”, Keravnos exclaimed, dumbfounded. To him, it seemed as if he took a couple months there and back, meaning that he was in a coma for two an a half years.
“Dude, we all thought you were dead after the first two months! We’re so glad you’re back!”, Vrom said, grinning as wide as his Hau would allow.
“Alright guys, before we start telling our stories, I need to go put my stuff back into my room, assuming you didn’t give it to someone else.”, Keravnos teased, getting up from the chair he was in. On his way to his old room, Keravnos noticed a peculiar new room and decided to check it out later. When he pulled the caution tape off of his door and stepped inside, he set his stuff down, paying no attention to the silver walls.

Welp, that about sums this segment up, I may or may nottype more depending on how well this segment is received. So, whaddya think? Critique, thoughts, questions? All is appreciated!
-Keravnos

1 Like