BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

yeah, I think this is a good idea

2 Likes

Well if we all just roll over and die then Greg gonna be all like well I guess they aren’t interested anyway. Then again I can’t speak for the man but given what I know about him i don’t think he would have a negative reaction to the idea of one more contest happening. After all it is his legacy so the the thought of oh he has better things to worry about is a little bit of a negative over sight in my opinion.

3 Likes

And there it is.

Nak & Jay to follow in about an hour.

(Why is the video off-centre.)

5 Likes

That’s not really what’s happening, though.

Many, if not most, people here have expressed interest in doing one final contest, or even finding a way to continue the contests after Greg has left Lego. However, unlike all the other times we have fought for new Bionicle content, it has to be recognized that this might be affecting the life and livelihood of an actual, specific person, one who has already given a tremendous amount of effort and dedication to the community.

Greg’s cooperation is essential to these contests, and by no means should we assume that he will be willing and/or able to continue participating until we hear from him.

Yes, Greg’s personal life and security are definitely “better things” than these contests. Losing a job that you’ve had for the last 20+ years isn’t typically something to be taken lightly.

In an ideal world, Greg’s doing just fine and is more than willing to continue the contests, but it’s not worth planning another contest until we know that’s the case.

15 Likes

The ironic thing is I was just about to build a teal Lariska for the contest. R.I.P.

In all seriousness, this is very surprising news me. I always assumed he would depart on his own terms, not get laid off, especially after working with LEGO for so long. At least LEGO gave him enough time to search for other opportunities elsewhere. Wish him the best of luck in that regard.

14 Likes

Okay. This is cursed. Lastly, the meme that I post…

CURSED

Lariska, the wise, wonderful, and agile Dark Hunter. - #116 by RiderBD
Lastly, I completed Lariska, and I’m sad that the contest became like this.

lol

I was going to post it as a joke after the Lariska contest, but I don’t have time for that anymore! So, I’m going to post it! I have regrets.It’s little gone!

26 Likes

Nak and Jay confirmed they will NOT be doing a Lariska contest. Which was pretty much said before by Meso.

If you want to send Greg a Lariska MOC as a nice gesture, let’s just say Rider’s probably would’ve won.

Just not the maid version

9 Likes

I think Gilahu and Synnova32 had pretty strong contenders

5 Likes

There were plenty of strong contenders not made public yet too :pensive:

Maybe now people will just post all of the contest mocs they’ve been working on/holding on to, instead of waiting for the character’s contests.

16 Likes

I’ll be posting mine in a week or 2. I still have some work I started for my contest entry that I need to complete first. Also I have like a 120+ files in a picture gallery esc drive folder I would have shared too, lol. Point is I’ve been working on this Lariska for about a year now. There is alot of things to it that I want to still bring up along side the moc.

That Lariska is probably my magnum opus

8 Likes

I have a marendar I wanted to share with everyone and rise through at least two tiers of voting.

It is unfinished and since I am at another country all together I will not be able to finish it till july.

Maybe I release the prototype. or wait for unofficial marendar contest. idk

Definitely my magnum opus since it is second moc I have done ever and first was one I did when I was 14 or so.

9 Likes

Figured I’d show off 2 renders I was gonna use in the Tuyet contest:

Since I have 90% of the Tuyet stuff done I’ll be posting it to update my original post.

Sidenote, do people still want the Canon info for the formerly canon contest characters? I’ve been busy so I haven’t had a chance to post them.

10 Likes

I think I’ve already done everything I can.

Lariska

Zaria (although I lost gun)

Chiara

Varian

evenI didn’t finish her, but I want to brag that I developed a slizer head torso. LOL

The best MOCs I’ve ever made

It’s sad that I couldn’t show you all at the contest.

Yes… I’m satisfied because a lot of people like it.

23 Likes

Burn

I’m quite sad about the contests ending so soon, despite the controversies it stirred up we still managed to get some pretty good looking Mocs out of it from everyone who entered.

4 Likes

I, for one, love it! it’s canon

7 Likes

Show this to the one that made Nidhiki a Tumblr sexyman. I want to see chaos ensue.

3 Likes

It will take a while for the utter depression to abate…

Thank you Mr. Greg Farshtey for all your hard work over the years at LEGO, for Bionicle and beyond!
I am looking forward to your next work.

It is also sad to see the canon contest go, and it has been a great honor being a part of it as an auditor.
@Eljay @Mesonak you have done great running the contests and don’t let anyone blame you for your effort. Despite some issues, these have been the most objective, inclusive and community-interactive Bionicle canon contests to date.
Thank you for taking on this difficult task and make sure to relax and have a good rest now that it’s over :+1:

12 Likes

Welp now that the contests have ended I might as well post my Tuyet…

2 Likes

She already is a fan of Lariska, she ships them

2 Likes

I know, I just thought her reaction would be funny

1 Like