BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

I mean, he could only go limp for so long before they figure out something is up. He’d have to face it at some point. He would have to use the mask to feign passing out, which would only work for so long.

And, if you are willing to twist Greg’s words a bit without contradicting them, you could argue that his massive willpower is what allowed him to gather his thoughts enough to use his Kanohi in such a situation. Because Greg has stated many, many times across various QandAs that some strength of will is required to operate Kanohi. So, in such a stressful situation, one would need exceptionally strong will to use a Kanohi, especially one as disorientating as the Iden.

@CalamitousT

It seems possible that the Iden is a relatively rare, unknown mask in the universe, so they may not have known what it did. Also, Dark Hunters don’t seems like the brightest bunch in general. There are some that are smart, but others that are dumb as a rock.

So if he only goes limp for brief periods of time before “regaining consciousness”, they may not even stop to think if anything is suspicious.

1 Like

How exactly do I submit mine once I’m done with it?

1 Like

@Propulsion There is a button in the bottom right hand corner on the home page. Just make sure you choose the correct category and name your build accordingly.

3 Likes

The message boards homepage? I don’t see it. Maybe you can take a screenshot that shows where it is.

I would guess from your greyed-out username that you just need to reach Trust Lvl 1?

2 Likes

Bionicle Canon Canister Design - Helryx Kickoff!!

Long story short: I’d like to join the contest by creating actual canisters for each character & then sending them out to the winners & TTV.

Since I’ve posted this idea before, I won’t delve into the whole idea again. Essentially I’d like to design canisters for the winning mocs! I’d also really appreciate the involvement of TTV staff/@Eljay to help this process along. I was originally in contact with Eljay about this but seem to have lost contact (Eljay if you are reading this, I completely understand you have been VERY busy - no hard feelings haha).

With the kicking off of the Artakha contest, I’d like to get rolling on my canister design. The idea here is to design the canister during the duration of the next contest, so I’d be working on the Helryx canister for the duration of the Artakha contest. Personally I think this timing will work best for me.

note: I’m sure eventually this will have it’s own topic/discussion. I felt it was best to post here so everyone can see/reply with their thoughts. I’m also fairly new to the boards, so any feedback on how I should be posting/if I’m doing this correctly is appreciated.

So with that all being said, I’m going to start designing/sketching this weekend for the design of the Helryx canister! I’ll post again soon when I have some work done, and throughout the entire process as well. Community feedback is huge for me and the interest of others has really got me excited about this.

I’ve also included a couple samples of my work, just to spark some interest/ideas from everyone. I can provide a more complete portfolio upon request.

Please let me know your thoughts! I look forward to contributing to this great community.

HM

14 Likes

Posting your topic should not require Trust Level 1. In any case, read a few more topics and you should automatically be upgraded to it.

An additional rule has been added. It not being here was an oversight, and it should’ve been here from the get go. We’re early enough in this contest that it’s not going to affect thing majorly, so here it is:

4c. Once your entry has been officially entered and accepted, no further changes can be made without staff approval.

3 Likes

I’ve saw some do backgrounds for their Helryx mocs. Are you allowed to build up background scenery out of LEGO pieces that do not count towards the MOC itself?

3 Likes

Yes, that should be fine.

2 Likes

Well regardless, I’m a Villager now, so where do I go and what do I do again? do I make a new topic?

here’s what it looks like when you scroll over it with a cursor.

The blue button in the lower right hand corner. It should appear on the homepage, although I’m on a laptop, so it may be different for mobile.

3 Likes

Okay that settles everything, thanks you guys!

1 Like

no problem :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Does it need to be wearing a mask of some sort or can it just have the metru head for a face?

Can moccists/artists post their moc/art as a WIP, to get feedback from the community and possibly change stuff, before officially submitting their work to the contest?

3 Likes

Yes, they can.

3 Likes

Will a collaborative mask design topic be allowed?

Sure. Just understand that if a mask is entered, it has to be a mask entered on behalf of a single person, otherwise it runs the risk of breaching rule 2c.

1 Like

Quick statement: If you see anyone claiming to be a member of the TTV Cast or Staff on 4chan, making claims or declarative statements regarding what people have to do while participating in these contests, understand that they are impostors and not actually any of us.

The best way to get an official answer regarding a question about this contest is either here on the TTV Message Boards, a comment on YouTube on one of our videos (assuming the response is from one of our accounts, which can be confirmed via the main TTV channel), or a Discord server one of us are actually in, which can be verified through the previous two methods.

Thank you,

-Eljay

15 Likes