BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

This is a good point

Also sucks to be the artists who have lost votes they had for them :stuck_out_tongue:
it’s not just the voters, dude, it’s the artists

1 vote could hedge them into the next round or bye-bye, see you next contest.

No need to make such a sour take to someone’s genuine concern.

This isn’t even taking into consideration if the groupings are going to be the same this round as they were prior.

4 Likes

For every artist that loses a spot due to the redo, there is an artist who gains a spot due to the redo.

Same goes for the possibility of new groups.

Any redo does not result in a net loss or gain for the artists.

How many people do you thing are gonna vote for me?

I think zero

I legitimately believe it will be a non-zero number.

1 Like

@TheJerminator have you seen mine?It’s this one

Yes, I have.

Oh, well thank you for the kind words!

Yeah that’s exactly the point Tropi made.

Really? I interpreted their point as “some artists might get screwed over by a redo, and we need to keep that in mind”.

Because that’s what she said. And you basically confirmed that.

I am arguing that we don’t need to keep that in mind, since some artists will benefit from the redo.

And for some it’ll be a complete opposite.

1 Like

They balance each other. An equal amount will be positively affected vs negatively affected. Who are we to say which group is more important?

Look at it this way: by not doing a redo, we would be negatively affecting the group that would otherwise benefit from a redo.

Whether or not you do a redo, someone gets screwed.

And, at the end of the day, the winning entry will probably win regardless of a redo, or what group it is in.

1 Like

Exactly what I was going to say.

1 Like

Discourse sets things up so that once 5 minutes have elapsed from the time of poll creation they can no longer be modified, because it also sets up that if a polls coding is modified, all votes are removed.

SO.

Because the piece of the coding that I messed up was part of the coding that allows us to actually implement the ranked-choice voting that makes these contests run, no matter what we did the polls would break and nothing would matter.

So it’s literally a choice between “Restart the Polls and let everyone know” or “don’t restart the polls, get to the end of day 3 of voting, and have to restart anyways because we cannot rank the votes.

It’s wildly unfortunate, yes. However, those hundred+ votes you are concerned about also occurred within the first four hours of polls that will be up for days. I for one am not concerned in the slightest about people not hearing about either them going down, or them coming back up. The fact remains that when they do come back, there will once again be days with which to vote, and given that the last contests have all had north of 400 votes, I’d venture to guess the 1/4 people who voted in the polls that went up yesterday are probably regulars of the boards, or discord servers with people who are.

Now if i’m wrong and everything goes completely sideways, feel free to blame me. It was a mistake on my end. Feel free to blame Discourse, our Forum host, as well, for making it so that polls cannot be edited or fixed outside of a 5 minute window.

In the meantime, when the polls come back online, vote and tell your friends to do so. 4 Hours of polling that lasts 3 days is not indicative of the final vote.

~Hawkeye

8 Likes

If you know when the polls are going to start can you tell us?

I currently have no idea when the polls will start back up. When they do, there will once again be a banner on the top of the boards, as well as a video on the channel, and a whole bunch of media blasting to let you know they’ve started properly this time.

Brackets will remain the same

2 Likes

okedoke

1 Like

Has the voting started yet?