BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

Well idk the polls were up for a few hours with around ~100 voters each, seemed to me like it began pretty properly alright.

But w/e, I just hope this thing won’t affect the results too drastically. Or at all.

1 Like

what was wrong with the polls starting early?

so when the polls come back are the groups going to be the same, I mean the 5 polls with the same 7 entries, or will you switch em up?

I think Vox’s qualms was that the polls were up, then summarily shut down because there was a bit of bungled coding… But because of how the website/forums/whatever handles polls, all those votes that were previously submitted are now gone. And those were a LOT of people.

The loss of data over what on our end looked more like a very minor snag is kind of upsetting, and I can understand where Vox is coming from and I share his sentiments; Hopefully it doesn’t affect the results too badly, if at all.

2 Likes

So? Sucks to be them. If someone cares that much, they would be checking up.

Besides, there are new rounds every three days. If someone really does only come here to vote, then they’ll be back in three days from yesterday, at which point they’ll notice that something’s up.

1 Like

This is a good point

Also sucks to be the artists who have lost votes they had for them :stuck_out_tongue:
it’s not just the voters, dude, it’s the artists

1 vote could hedge them into the next round or bye-bye, see you next contest.

No need to make such a sour take to someone’s genuine concern.

This isn’t even taking into consideration if the groupings are going to be the same this round as they were prior.

4 Likes

For every artist that loses a spot due to the redo, there is an artist who gains a spot due to the redo.

Same goes for the possibility of new groups.

Any redo does not result in a net loss or gain for the artists.

How many people do you thing are gonna vote for me?

I think zero

I legitimately believe it will be a non-zero number.

1 Like

@TheJerminator have you seen mine?It’s this one

Yes, I have.

Oh, well thank you for the kind words!

Yeah that’s exactly the point Tropi made.

Really? I interpreted their point as “some artists might get screwed over by a redo, and we need to keep that in mind”.

Because that’s what she said. And you basically confirmed that.

I am arguing that we don’t need to keep that in mind, since some artists will benefit from the redo.

And for some it’ll be a complete opposite.

1 Like

They balance each other. An equal amount will be positively affected vs negatively affected. Who are we to say which group is more important?

Look at it this way: by not doing a redo, we would be negatively affecting the group that would otherwise benefit from a redo.

Whether or not you do a redo, someone gets screwed.

And, at the end of the day, the winning entry will probably win regardless of a redo, or what group it is in.

1 Like

Exactly what I was going to say.

1 Like