BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

This is a bit of a controversial question, but seeing as Nidhiki comes from a separate location than Lhikan, it begs asking:

Actual metallic green?

2 Likes

Ghid, please. I beg of you.

2 Likes

The man isn’t Chris. I can’t hide the truth.

2 Likes

I’ve said this before, but I think dark green and Mata green (and some neutrals like black and grey) would work best.

It’s a color scheme we’ve never seen before, and it matches with Mutant Nidhiki’s colors

3 Likes

hi I’m new here, can someone give me a link to the vote for the toa hagah contest

2 Likes

You need to be at least trust level 1 to have access to the polls. You can find info on what you need to do to reach level 1 in this topic

4 Likes

oh ok, thank you

Before I argue against this, I will point out that my post, and yours and Ghid’s, are currently about equal in terms of likes (and not an insignificant amount of them either). So clearly there is merit to both sides of the argument.

Eljay is obviously within his right to say anything that we can, but he also has more influence over shaping the attitude of the forums. The TTV Staff badge comes with a level of authority which, whether intentionally or not, makes him a role model to people that post here. If he’s needlessly blunt and apologetic, people on both sides of the fence will respond in kind. And I’d argue he has used more than necessary force, especially recently.

Can you see how things like this are only adding fuel to the fire?

I’ve felt this topic edge closer and closer to the casual hostility you find on Reddit, and as someone who is naturally quite sensitive, I don’t like the direction we’re headed in. People from both sides of the debating are offenders here, but Eljay is also not helping.

5 Likes

Popularity =/= merit.
Our posts are comparably appealing, not necessarily equivalent in argumentation.
This is more of a subjective comment than I would normally like to make in these situations, but I don’t feel that any of the posts you quoted were over the line. They are blunt, and they leave no room for argument, but they are not rude, and they contain no personal attacks.
It is not a bad thing for a person in a moderation position to make declarative statements, indeed, it would seem to be quite necessary.
I’m sorry you feel that things are becoming hostile, I truly am, but I do not feel that haranguing the staff will make it less so.

4 Likes

There was this topic in which other people made similar points, but seeing how the only thing Eljay did afterwards was to start wearing the title of “Unintentional Instigator” as some kind of badge of honor, I don’t think things are likely to change anytime soon.

Kinda sad, actually, but what’s more sad is the fact that people actually defend this type of behaviour.

That being said, I don’t think this is the right topic for such discussion, it’d be better to go back to more contest-focused things.

5 Likes

Are you sure that’s the right topic? It looks like it’s more recent than Eljay’s “Unintentional Instigator” moniker.

1 Like

This is why I’d say both sides of the argument have merit, because it is partially subjective. I consider them to be rude (though I’m not saying the people Eljay argues against are always void of rudeness either), and also stir up controversy. There are less sarcastic, rude and sweeping ways of dealing with both reasonable and unreasonable people.

Do you think this especially, as humorous as it was intended to be, owes TTV any favours when there is already a genuine concern that TTV are exercising too much control over what can/can’t be canonised?

And this.

I don’t necessarily agree with Voxovan on this, but to just dismiss them with what amounts to saying “you’re completely unreceptive to my argument so I won’t bother trying to convince or at least reassure you”, when Voxovan hadn’t even posted anything else on the subject yet, is inviting trouble.

I thought the same, so this will be the last I’ll say on the matter here.

Eljay has had that title for years, but I agree with the sentiment. I will give that topic a read at some point.

Definitely agree here too. To bring this back around to the contests, it definitely feels that they have transformed the boards into a Reddit-lite experience, and I’m not on board (pardon the pun) with that.

1 Like

Uhhh, I was certain it’s a pretty recent thing, but I might be wrong, I wasn’t really paying attention to it that much to be honest. My point still kinda stands though, since I don’t think that’s the title any person would boast about.

But yeah this is off-topic off-topic, let’s get back to the contest.

As for Nidhiki’s colors, I’m opting for dark-green (not saying it should be required though). I think it just makes the most sense since: 1. dark green was kind of the main “green” color during the Metru Nui era, 2. his Dark Hunter version is dark green as well and 3. it’s just the most common green color in Bionicle sets, making it the easiest to use. A different shade of green would be ok as the secondary color, but I would still prefer silver (as that’s his Dark Hunter color and it would fit with Lhikan’s dark-red and gold colorscheme).

4 Likes

Greg stated that Nidhiki’s armor isn’t Silver

2 Likes

Yeah just like Tahu Mata’s armor isn’t orange but red, or Nuparu Inika’s armor isn’t light grey but black. But they do have those aforementioned colors as their secondary colors. If we’d make Nidhiki primarly green with a little bit of silver, I don’t see how that would contradict Greg’s words.

No, I meant that he said his armor lacks silver, let me find the quote

Upd: here it is Official Greg Discussion | Page 100

2 Likes

Well, he also said in that very same post that Matau or Lewa aren’t dual-colored… but they are

1 Like

By “dual-colored” he meant stuff like Hagah or Lhikan armor, solid+metallic color, that comes from the context

3 Likes

Have vote counts for round one been posted anywhere yet?

2 Likes

What you guys aren’t understanding is that Eljay has been so, incredibly, painstakingly patient for the past year and a half. How many people have been suspended? Two (or was it three?). Banned? One, for a duplicate account. There’s been a larger handful of warnings.

And all that after stating multiple times that the rudeness, discord, spite, and general negativity needs to stop and being utterly ignored each time after like, an hour, I’d say Eljay is well within his rights to be blunt. Each time the mods have stepped in, they’ve said they’d start handing out suspensions if we didn’t shape up.

We didn’t shape up.

But they didn’t do what they would’ve been perfectly within their rights to do and follow through with what they said. Instead, they were patient. But after over a year of this behavior, it’s getting a little old.

Imagine setting up contests that, based on polls, are going to be an overwhelmingly positive thing in the community, only for a dozen people to somehow turn it into a hotbed of negativity. I’m pretty sure you’d be pissed off as well.

If you go to the polls, you can see the number of people who voted. If that’s what you mean.

9 Likes