There’s been quite a lot of confusion as to what Trust Levels are for, so I’m going to outline them more clearly here. Basically, Trust Levels are how we rank the members of this forum. Your level is based on how much you actually contribute to the forum, from the topics you read to the posts you make to the likes you give. Every time you meet all of the prerequisites, you move up a level. You will always be promoted unless you’re a Regular (Master). Those are the top guys, and they can be demoted if they don’t keep up with the forum. Sounds confusing? Ask questions below.
(Note: we do reserve the right to alter these prerequisites in any way, shape or form at any time we deem fitting.)
Trust Level 0: New (Scrub)
Hello, scrub. You’re a new member, which means that while you are allowed to do basic functions, we’ve restricted what you can do just in case you turn out to be a spambot. But you’re not going to be stuck like this forever! There’s a list of stuff you need to do to become promoted.
- Cannot send private messages to other users
- Cannot reply as new topic in the right gutter (UI removed)
- Cannot tag posts
- Cannot post any images
- Cannot post any attachments
- Cannot post more than 2 hyperlinks in a post
- Cannot have actual links in the ‘about me’ field of their profile (will be silently and temporarily converted to plain text)
- Cannot mention more than 2 users in a post
To Be Promoted to Trust Level 1 (Villager) You Must:
- Enter at least 10 topics
- Read at least 50 posts
- Spend a total of 30 minutes reading posts
Trust Level 1: Basic (Villager)
Congratulations, you are no longer a Scrub! You are, in fact, a Villager. One of the more common types of members, Villagers are semi-regular but still casual users. You can spot one just about anywhere.
- Use all core functions
- Upload images and attachments if enabled
- Edit wiki posts
- Flag posts
- Have all new user restrictions removed
- Access the exclusive Behind the Scenes forum with all of our member-only video content
- Access the BIONICLE Canon Contests category to vote in the Canon Contests
To Be Promoted to Regular (Protector) You Must
- Enter at least 40 topics
- Read at least 150 posts
- Visit at least 20 days, not sequentially
- Cast at least 10 likes
- Receive at least 10 likes
- Reply to at least 25 different topics
- Spend a total of 120 minutes reading posts
Trust Level 2: Member (Protector)
Defenders are the people you can count on. They’re “full time” users on this board, and for their persistence they are rewarded with several other features they can use while making their way to the last Trust Level.
- Use the “Invite others to this topic” button for one-click onboarding of new users to participate in topics
- Invite outside users to PMs making a group PM
To Be Promoted to Leader (Master) You Must
In the last 100 days, you must have:
- Visited at least 70 days
- Replied to at least 100 different topics
- Of all of the topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 60%
- Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 60%
- Must have viewed 750 topics
- Must have read 17000 posts
- Not received more than 10 spam or offensive flags in the last 100 (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
Trust Level 3: Regular (Masters)
Masters are some of the most active and prolific members on the forum, and as such they are given some special privileges. Being a Master is an exhaustive process because it is so far the only Trust Level you can lose. If you notice, the prerequisites for getting to be a Master are based on percentages, not hard numbers. That’s because you have to keep up with a certain percentage of the forum in the last 100 days.
There is a daily check done to make sure that you are still eligible for being a Master. If you are eligible, then you are safe from this check for the next two weeks. But if you don’t still keep up with the forum after those two weeks, you get demoted. But don’t worry, because you can always gain it back if you start being active again.
- Rename topics
- Reassign categories to topics
- Access a secret “Highly Suspect Lounge”
- Advertise their projects/channels in the Advertising forum
- Have all their links followed (we remove automatic nofollow)
- Start Community Projects
For those that want to know how close they are to getting Trust Level 3 (Master), you can send a PM to either: @prentice1215, @Cocoa, @BioKnight, @Spiderus_Prime, or @Bigthwomp and they will inform you of your latest Trust Level 3 requirements. Please note that this is just for Trust Level 3, do not PM the mods asking for your Trust Level 2 (Protector) or lower requirements. Thanks .