BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

Artakha’s cape couldn’t be recolored, so my guess is no.

1 Like

If there is a contest for Toa Chiara, I have a perfect model…

2 Likes

Is the scarf even canon?

2 Likes

There will (probably) be one.

3 Likes

Surprised nobody has talked about the results yet :roll_eyes:

My thoughts, with the preface that I was one of the most critical voices when it came to the idea of a Hagah contest and the issues of team consistency:

Bomonga: if the MOC was what became canon, I would be much more opposed to it than I am. As it stands, I personally can live with and love this design if the art portion doesn’t opt for a set-accurate art style. That way, pro-consistency people can just swap out those legs and arms (which would look out of place next to the other Hagah in set form) with Vahki legs.

Kualus: I’m happy with this one. Would have preferred Metru or Nuva shoulders (some MOCists connect those Knights shoulders semi-illegally). I’d also like to see someone improve on the canonical Sensory Aptitude design from the comics.

Gaaki: Happy with this one except the shoulders and to a lesser extent the Piraka legs. Makes her look out of place next to the others IMO.

Pouks: Really like this one, but again, would have preferred more standard shoulders. I’m hoping the art portion does a bit of a rework on that spear design too.

The team: not to toot my own horn, but this is why I suggested we have a colour consent rule. Turning Pouks blue, or Kualus gunmetal (I prefer the latter) will be my highest priority in terms of art I’ll vote for. All in all, these guys don’t look consistent and set-like enough for my liking, but after months of waiting’ and debatin’, my thoughts are pretty much just “meh”.

And for people who are annoyed that they don’t look consistent enough: I’d put forward the argument that Tahu Mata and Tahu Stars represent the exact same appearance. So a teeny few tweaks like swapping out leg types is just about within the realms of canon compliance.

2 Likes

Because there’s a topic for that.

2 Likes

Thank you, kind sir. I feel like that one kid that went to the wrong venue.

1 Like

Actually, that’s a good point: now kualus and pouks have illegal connections.

You can fix it by using the 3L axle with a pin connection, but they’re a bit wobbly.

I’ve also been a little concerned about that, so I came up with this:

I’ve tested it with real bricks, and it holds up pretty well. It’s slightly weaker than the simple pin connection, but it also holds its position better.

7 Likes

That’s gonna depend on the kind of half pin you use. A brand new one in blue should hold up pretty well, but a light grey or an older blue one isn’t going to hold together all too well.

5 Likes

Better burn him down then repaint to blue

I got here an option to add the Knights Kingdom shoulder armor on a Metru arm.

15 Likes

As an alternative, I use this in my entry:
But I didn’t check how stable is the build. Also it seems like the other Knights Kingdom armor looks like floating if it is assembled like this

1 Like

that construction would be able to turn freely on the shoulder, even more so than Kodiak’s, as there’s no friction.

3 Likes

That method still has a little bit of excessive contact between the bush and the pauldron

Remove the bushing. Problem solved.

Then theres wobble. :man_shrugging:t3:
I’ve been messing with some iterations too…
Doesn’t seem to be any easy clean designs

that’s why you use a blue/black friction pin.

That’s what the original MOC does, I believe. The armor is wider than the metru thigh bone. Friction pins are great, but there isn’t actually that much friction, especially with a piece this large (since it essentially functions as a wheel and axle).

2 Likes