BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

No, it is not

1 Like

But will it be required in the art portion?

This is a guess - since Iā€™m not part of staff I canā€™t give an official answer - but yes.

It isnā€™t a minor detail, like whether or not you choose to draw the piston in the foot piece. Itā€™s part of the character design, so most likely itā€™ll be required.

7 Likes

The question is if it can be recolored so it doesnā€™t stick out like a giant red pin.

Though it might fit better with a gold Kualusā€¦

1 Like

Is the scarf color allowed to be changed in the art portion? Can we have a hot pink scarfed Kualus at least?

1 Like

All right, if hagah art contest ends sometime in September,

Tuyet Contest may start sometime in October!

Yeah, eljay gonna get really busy.

1 Like

I actually donā€™t mind the color. Unlike red axles. (which I rarely dislike, but I digress), itā€™s clearly not a part of his body, so I think itā€™s okay if it doesnā€™t match his color scheme.

IIRC, in the Artakha contest, and entry was temporarily disqualified for making the cape red, so I donā€™t think changing the color will be allowed. We shall see, though.

I think thereā€™s a decent chance that Pouks will have pink eyes

1 Like

Artakhaā€™s cape couldnā€™t be recolored, so my guess is no.

1 Like

If there is a contest for Toa Chiara, I have a perfect modelā€¦

2 Likes

Is the scarf even canon?

2 Likes

There will (probably) be one.

3 Likes

Surprised nobody has talked about the results yet :roll_eyes:

My thoughts, with the preface that I was one of the most critical voices when it came to the idea of a Hagah contest and the issues of team consistency:

Bomonga: if the MOC was what became canon, I would be much more opposed to it than I am. As it stands, I personally can live with and love this design if the art portion doesnā€™t opt for a set-accurate art style. That way, pro-consistency people can just swap out those legs and arms (which would look out of place next to the other Hagah in set form) with Vahki legs.

Kualus: Iā€™m happy with this one. Would have preferred Metru or Nuva shoulders (some MOCists connect those Knights shoulders semi-illegally). Iā€™d also like to see someone improve on the canonical Sensory Aptitude design from the comics.

Gaaki: Happy with this one except the shoulders and to a lesser extent the Piraka legs. Makes her look out of place next to the others IMO.

Pouks: Really like this one, but again, would have preferred more standard shoulders. Iā€™m hoping the art portion does a bit of a rework on that spear design too.

The team: not to toot my own horn, but this is why I suggested we have a colour consent rule. Turning Pouks blue, or Kualus gunmetal (I prefer the latter) will be my highest priority in terms of art Iā€™ll vote for. All in all, these guys donā€™t look consistent and set-like enough for my liking, but after months of waitingā€™ and debatinā€™, my thoughts are pretty much just ā€œmehā€.

And for people who are annoyed that they donā€™t look consistent enough: Iā€™d put forward the argument that Tahu Mata and Tahu Stars represent the exact same appearance. So a teeny few tweaks like swapping out leg types is just about within the realms of canon compliance.

2 Likes

Because thereā€™s a topic for that.

2 Likes

Thank you, kind sir. I feel like that one kid that went to the wrong venue.

1 Like

Actually, thatā€™s a good point: now kualus and pouks have illegal connections.

You can fix it by using the 3L axle with a pin connection, but theyā€™re a bit wobbly.

Iā€™ve also been a little concerned about that, so I came up with this:

Iā€™ve tested it with real bricks, and it holds up pretty well. Itā€™s slightly weaker than the simple pin connection, but it also holds its position better.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s gonna depend on the kind of half pin you use. A brand new one in blue should hold up pretty well, but a light grey or an older blue one isnā€™t going to hold together all too well.

5 Likes

Better burn him down then repaint to blue

I got here an option to add the Knights Kingdom shoulder armor on a Metru arm.

15 Likes