BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

As an alternative, I use this in my entry:
But I didn’t check how stable is the build. Also it seems like the other Knights Kingdom armor looks like floating if it is assembled like this

1 Like

that construction would be able to turn freely on the shoulder, even more so than Kodiak’s, as there’s no friction.

3 Likes

That method still has a little bit of excessive contact between the bush and the pauldron

Remove the bushing. Problem solved.

Then theres wobble. :man_shrugging:t3:
I’ve been messing with some iterations too…
Doesn’t seem to be any easy clean designs

that’s why you use a blue/black friction pin.

That’s what the original MOC does, I believe. The armor is wider than the metru thigh bone. Friction pins are great, but there isn’t actually that much friction, especially with a piece this large (since it essentially functions as a wheel and axle).

2 Likes

Okay, let’s clear this up:

The original mocs for both Kualus and Pouks have only a black 2L pin. Doesn’t wobble, is illegal.

TheJerminator’s proposal, using system: still illegal

Huemus’s proposal, using a pin-axle-axle: is legal, wobbles.

H0rnmaster’s propsal, using a technic half-beam and a pin-axle: doesn’t wobble, still slightly illegal.

Solution 1: H0rnmaster, but remove a bushing. Wobbles slightly, though less than Huemus. Legal.
Solution 2: H0rnmaster, but slide the pin-axle out just a hair so that it’s now a legal connection.

1 Like

How about a towball instead of the 2l axle? How would that interact with the armor?

Hold on, why?

I have it built right now with the armour type used on Kualus, and I can confirm that the armour doesn’t collide with anything.

It’s actually even more stable than I remember, too.

I’ve never built it with the Pouks-type shoulders on account of not having any, but those have even more space inside, don’t they?

EDIT: It doesn’t even need the 1x1 plate; you can just connect the jumper plate directly to the socket piece, and it still won’t collide. Plus it’s more accurate to the spacing of the original connection.

Hi, sorry, local idiot here. What makes the connections illegal as they are at the moment? Is it not just a 3L pin on Kualus and like a 2L-4L axle on Pouks?

No, it’s not. They both use 2L pins, which get stuck in compression since the armour pieces collide with the arm sockets before the pin can go fully into the arm.

You could just use a 3L pin, but then you’d have pins sticking out through the inside of the arms, and the armour would spin fairly easily.

1 Like

Huh. It would appear you are correct. I’ve tested your solution with both – It works on Kualus, it definitely doesn’t work on Pouks.

Ah okay, thanks for clarifying.

Interesting.

Do you have an image of the inside of the spiked armour? Google’s only giving me pictures from the outside.

A rough side-by-side. Kualus’ armor is a bit more rounder on the inside, and the sides aren’t as thick as Pouks’.

2 Likes

Found a simple solution for Kualus

No wobble. Doesn’t really work for Pouks unfortunately, theres impact with that pauldron.

My best solution for Pouks

No wobble

18 Likes

I’d like to see someone make some curated 3D versions of the pieces to work specifically for the Hagah. Maybe Bionicle-ify them a bit more. But your solutions are great regardless.

4 Likes

when it comes to the Nidhiki contest, my votes def gonna go to anyone who uses a green volitak mask(either painted or shapeways, rather than the silver one(since his mask is officially green) and who incorporate the chest armor and pincer pieces as his scythe, since i feel like parts of his original body would have carried over into the mutation, so the pincer blades doubling as what made his scythe just seems to make sense to me.

also, after we get a tuyet winner, anyone else want to see her, mutant nidhiki and turaga lhikan sets together in like an awkward, uncomfortable family photo type pic, cause i sure do lol

11 Likes

I didn’t until this very moment.

9 Likes