BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

The art will just recolor it it’s silver.

1 Like

@Eljay @Mesonak

This has been bothering me for some time. I always assumed you had some reason for keeping the results completely hidden, only showing them via screenshots from Meso. But there is actually a way to set it up so that it only shows the results once it’s closed.
Replace:

poll type=regular results=staff_only public=true chartType=bar

with

poll type=regular results=on_close public=true chartType=bar

As an example, this is a modified code from one of the Hagah polls:

Test Poll

• Entry 1
  • Entry 2
  • Entry 3
  • Entry 4
0 voters

I tested to be sure, it shows the results same as normal once closed.

1 Like

The reason is because we need to be able to monitor the accounts and results as the poll is on-going, to better detect possible fraudulent voting. Unless we can do that and then allow the results to be public after-the-fact, we’re not changing how it’s being done.

7 Likes

Oh boy, I’ve really been looking forward to theToa Hagah art contest!

A few questions for making an entry:
Where can I find the list of 3D modellers who gave permission to use their masks, because I can’t find it anymore?
Also, I read somewhere in this topic that “different styled” masks were allowed, like the Faxon on Bomonga or the Hau on Lhikan, but I can’t find the quote. Did I dream this or is this actually allowed?

The thing I’m struggling on in my imagination right now is the metal colours. From an artistic point of view, I really like the extra options besides silver and gold. But I also would really like to build these one day, so I get the purist viewpoint of just silver and gold.

2 Likes

There aren’t many mask options if you’re sticking with gold and silver.

4 Likes

You probably couldn’t find it because it was in a different topic, but yes, it was said.

8 Likes

So does that mean that Bomonga’s mask could be used as the standard shape for a Faxon? Or is that something that needs to be confirmed with Greg?

If you want to interpret Greg’s statement’s strictly, then Bomonga’s Faxon is

A) a regional variant, similar to Lhikan’s Hau (Hahli’s faxon is standard shape, just without the tubes and visor)
~or~
B) a different mask that looks similar (similar to the Mask of Charisma being an adaptive Hau Nuva)

6 Likes

Which statement?

Because, from what I can remember, it’s never actually been confirmed (with the exception of the Volitak, because of Mazeka) that the standard shapes of the Mahri’s masks are identical to the base pieces from the sets.

EDIT: I see the link now, but I’m not sure if that makes sense, since Lesovikk’s mask still has the tube and visor which were confirmed in other statements to be non-standard.

The Mahri masks in general.

Specifically the Faxon.

Yeah, I agree that’s odd.

Anyway, the end answer is: we have two shapes for the Faxon. A strict reading of the canon is that Hahli’s is standard shape. You can headcanon that Bomonga’s is standard, if you want, there’s certainly enough ambiguity to do so. Unless, of course, Greg gives a defininitive answer, which is doubtful at this point

1 Like

I am curious to see which side of the line BS01 ends up falling on. As I said elsewhere:

I don’t think it is; BS01 archives canon, but they don’t get to make decisions on it.

Right now, there’s no objectively correct answer; every Greg Quote about the Mahri masks includes something like “as far as I know”, or “at least this many changes”. While it’s possible that the official Faxon piece is the standard shape, it’s also possible that it’s not, and we can’t know unless Greg gives some clarification. He’d probably be more willing to give a definitive answer if there’s an actual alternative to the standard piece, rather than having to say “the parts aren’t standard and I don’t know what is”.

Personally, I’d prefer that the standard Faxon didn’t have sockets for tubes and lightbulbs that aren’t part of the standard mask, but that’s not my decision.

To be fair, the Mask of Psychometry does the same thing.

That’s what I meant when I said “I wonder which side [of Willess’s two proposed interpretations] BS01 [would] fall on.” Strictly speaking they’d have to label it as “an unknown mask,” but I don’t know if they necessarily will do that.

Just to be clear, this is what the standard Faxon looks like. No visor, no breathing tubes/gills, no Barraki eye on top. It still has the sockets obviously, but personally they don’t bother me. I mean, the standard Pakari has sockets on the side of it, and nobody complains about those.

6 Likes

As far as I know, there is no source that confirms that to be a standard Faxon. There is the quote Jerminator posted above that says Lesovikk’s is normal, but his has a visor and a tube on one side.

We hate the standard Bolitak with a hideous filter on mouth.

If I remember correctly, Greg said the part where Mahri’s mask was modified by Ignika was hose part.
(But foolishly, it’s gills.)

2 Likes

The preponderance of evidence does. Greg qualifying his answers with things like “as far as I know” comes from him not knowing what the set designers would be doing a year or two down the line, or what the story team would necessarily be doing and what the needs of the story would be.

It obviously never became an issue with the sets or story.

Therefore: the Mahri masks are the standard form of those masks, sans visors and gills. That’s not just my stance, that’s TTV’s stance as well after considering all the evidence. The fan fiction masks were allowed on the premise that they were variants of the standard shapes that the Inika and Mahri masks represent.

And that’s it. I’m done arguing this because it’s been argued before and there’s nothing else that can be argued for what the standard shapes are.

2 Likes

Unless there’s a source that directly says the picture you posted above is the standard Faxon, it’s not confirmed. Probable, sure, but not confirmed.

I don’t care.

I actually have no strong feelings one way or the other. I would definitely be fine with having that as the standard Faxon, but I also see the possibility of something different being the standard shape.

1 Like

I’m also not a fan of that, but I’ve accepted that other standard masks have done it as well (Volitak, Olmak, etc.)

At the end of the day, I’d be fine with the official piece being standard, as long as it’s confirmed either way.

Do you have a source for that?

Okay so, little poll, just want to know what people think about it. Do we want to Tuyet and/or Nidhiki to be Metru?

Nidhiki
  • Metru
  • Krakua-like
  • Nothing on above
  • Doesn’t matter

0 voters

Tuyet
  • Metru
  • Non-Metru
  • Doesn’t matter

0 voters

1 Like