HowTo: MOC Tutorials

I revised that design, it’s stronger now without needing the liftarms on the sides. Also I revised the design again with even better stability and articulation by just making it pure technic. This is the strongest and best design all around.

8 Likes

Wow nice design, would it be used for a leg?

1 Like

It can be used.

3 Likes

Been a while since I’ve been on this site or even doing much with constraction but stumbling on this thread is giving me a lot of inspiration.

7 Likes

Here’s one way to integrate the xalax rubber band holder into a limb.

The central wall going through the center of the holder is the same thickness as a bracket, therefore you can use either of the small 1x1 brackets in tandem with a stack of bricks and a row of plates to trap it. The holder will still flop left and right a bit because the center gap of the holder is wider than a brick but it won’t fall out.

14 Likes

Legal solutions for placing Knight’s Kingdom pauldrons on a metru build, used for Hagah contest winners.

11 Likes

For Kualus, you could also use this:
20210828_140418
I’ve tested it myself, and the shoulder piece goes fully onto the pin and doesn’t wobble.

8 Likes

Nice I will use that in the future

1 Like

Hmmm I just tried it and it still gives me wobble qhile also looking pretty gappy

1 Like

That’s odd - it works fine on mine. Did you put the half bush on the axle connecting it to the arm?

Yup, it doesn’t wobble much, but still enough to bother me. It may not be a big deal to everyone but its definitely still on the list of solutions

2 Likes

On the subject of Kualus mods, here’s one for the gearbox.
kualus gearbox
The custom gearbox shown in the breakdown image adds friction, but on mine, it made the right arm too stiff. It’s worth noting that this issue is not universal, as I put the same custom gearbox on Iruini and it works fine.

3 Likes

Back in 2016, lego introduced an interesting body armor piece for use with their nexo knights minifigures. The armor has a window on the front for displaying the wearer’s coat of arms. For some reason, lego made this window large enough that it can accept a technic axle, either by accident or on purpose.

A technic brick 1x1 with axle hole can lock the axle in perfectly. The inserted axle does not appear to stress the window in any way.

12 Likes

Recently heard people don’t like this piece, not sure if its a consensus.

Solution?
3 length bar

I don’t own any CCBS armor shells, but I think theoretically they should be able to snap on?
This could help with MOC shaping,
As you could orient the piece so the CCBS shell side is face forward, and the piece’s original face could help add a natural and filled out posterior thigh.

If someone with these parts and a CCBS shell could test this, I’d appreciate it!

7 Likes

Personally I “soft-hate” that piece because the armor is fused on. This seems like a good suggestion, though. I don’t have many CCBS shells, but I could test it out and might post photos if I get the chance.

1 Like

CCBS shells are too wide to fit inside this piece. If you have the old school pointy castle helmet from various knight minifigures, it fills the gap nicely.

13 Likes

Definitely wasn’t trying to put them inside the piece. On top of it. Facing outwards.

Wouldn’t make much sense to try to put it inside

2 Likes

I see. If you try to put a ccbs shell over the ben 10 limb, it’ll want to pop out. Try using this instead:

1 Like

I think it’d probably depend on the shell from what I’ve seen. The fact that I can infact put that connecter on there without any contact shows that part is working as intended.

You’re right about not all shells would be able to work with this though

Okay so here is your limb design with a #5 shell. The shell sticks out a little over one lego brick from the ben 10 limb. It’s a moderately unstable design. The pole reverser handle connected to the short bar keeps trying to fall off.

My advice, just use the intended system of a ccbs bone with a ccbs shell or flip the ben 10 limb around so the curved part is facing forward.

3 Likes