BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

No, it’s not. They both use 2L pins, which get stuck in compression since the armour pieces collide with the arm sockets before the pin can go fully into the arm.

You could just use a 3L pin, but then you’d have pins sticking out through the inside of the arms, and the armour would spin fairly easily.

1 Like

Huh. It would appear you are correct. I’ve tested your solution with both – It works on Kualus, it definitely doesn’t work on Pouks.

Ah okay, thanks for clarifying.

Interesting.

Do you have an image of the inside of the spiked armour? Google’s only giving me pictures from the outside.

A rough side-by-side. Kualus’ armor is a bit more rounder on the inside, and the sides aren’t as thick as Pouks’.

2 Likes

Found a simple solution for Kualus

No wobble. Doesn’t really work for Pouks unfortunately, theres impact with that pauldron.

My best solution for Pouks

No wobble

18 Likes

I’d like to see someone make some curated 3D versions of the pieces to work specifically for the Hagah. Maybe Bionicle-ify them a bit more. But your solutions are great regardless.

4 Likes

when it comes to the Nidhiki contest, my votes def gonna go to anyone who uses a green volitak mask(either painted or shapeways, rather than the silver one(since his mask is officially green) and who incorporate the chest armor and pincer pieces as his scythe, since i feel like parts of his original body would have carried over into the mutation, so the pincer blades doubling as what made his scythe just seems to make sense to me.

also, after we get a tuyet winner, anyone else want to see her, mutant nidhiki and turaga lhikan sets together in like an awkward, uncomfortable family photo type pic, cause i sure do lol

11 Likes

I didn’t until this very moment.

9 Likes

The art will just recolor it it’s silver.

1 Like

@Eljay @Mesonak

This has been bothering me for some time. I always assumed you had some reason for keeping the results completely hidden, only showing them via screenshots from Meso. But there is actually a way to set it up so that it only shows the results once it’s closed.
Replace:

poll type=regular results=staff_only public=true chartType=bar

with

poll type=regular results=on_close public=true chartType=bar

As an example, this is a modified code from one of the Hagah polls:

Test Poll

• Entry 1
  • Entry 2
  • Entry 3
  • Entry 4
0 voters

I tested to be sure, it shows the results same as normal once closed.

1 Like

The reason is because we need to be able to monitor the accounts and results as the poll is on-going, to better detect possible fraudulent voting. Unless we can do that and then allow the results to be public after-the-fact, we’re not changing how it’s being done.

7 Likes

Oh boy, I’ve really been looking forward to theToa Hagah art contest!

A few questions for making an entry:
Where can I find the list of 3D modellers who gave permission to use their masks, because I can’t find it anymore?
Also, I read somewhere in this topic that “different styled” masks were allowed, like the Faxon on Bomonga or the Hau on Lhikan, but I can’t find the quote. Did I dream this or is this actually allowed?

The thing I’m struggling on in my imagination right now is the metal colours. From an artistic point of view, I really like the extra options besides silver and gold. But I also would really like to build these one day, so I get the purist viewpoint of just silver and gold.

2 Likes

There aren’t many mask options if you’re sticking with gold and silver.

4 Likes

You probably couldn’t find it because it was in a different topic, but yes, it was said.

8 Likes

So does that mean that Bomonga’s mask could be used as the standard shape for a Faxon? Or is that something that needs to be confirmed with Greg?

If you want to interpret Greg’s statement’s strictly, then Bomonga’s Faxon is

A) a regional variant, similar to Lhikan’s Hau (Hahli’s faxon is standard shape, just without the tubes and visor)
~or~
B) a different mask that looks similar (similar to the Mask of Charisma being an adaptive Hau Nuva)

6 Likes

Which statement?

Because, from what I can remember, it’s never actually been confirmed (with the exception of the Volitak, because of Mazeka) that the standard shapes of the Mahri’s masks are identical to the base pieces from the sets.

EDIT: I see the link now, but I’m not sure if that makes sense, since Lesovikk’s mask still has the tube and visor which were confirmed in other statements to be non-standard.

The Mahri masks in general.

Specifically the Faxon.

Yeah, I agree that’s odd.

Anyway, the end answer is: we have two shapes for the Faxon. A strict reading of the canon is that Hahli’s is standard shape. You can headcanon that Bomonga’s is standard, if you want, there’s certainly enough ambiguity to do so. Unless, of course, Greg gives a defininitive answer, which is doubtful at this point

1 Like

I am curious to see which side of the line BS01 ends up falling on. As I said elsewhere: