BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

There’s a good color check pic

(It looks like pastel blue in the middle)

I think the color close to azure is medium blue.

That’s why I made my varian medium blue.

8 Likes

Yep.

3. Toa Nidhiki is green and silver, correct?
3) No, he’s just green. He’s a Toa of Air. Toa Iruini is green and silver.

3. You also said Nidhiki was all-green, and not Silver/Green. Wouldn’t the latter be more logical, seeing as Lhikan is Gold/Red?
3) Nope. Because Nidhiki didn’t come from the same place Lhikan did, so no reason he would need to be dual-colored like Lhikan. After all, neither Matau nor Lewa is dual-colored, so why would any other Toa of Air be?

When Nidhiki a Toa, we know he wore a mask of Stealth in the same shape as Toa Nuparu. Now, was Nidhiki mask the same silver color and did he have the blue visor?
No, it would have been green

(Credit to dag for the line of quotes)

Also, he definitely has green shoulder armour.

“…the other sliced his right shoulder armour as it went by… Nidhiki glanced from the new gash in his emerald armour…” -Birth of a Dark Hunter

6 Likes

That’s the point I was trying to make, people are trying to use the Rahagah as a precedent for Nidhiki, but that doesn’t actually make sense. Though, if someone does make a good-looking Metru-green and trans-bright-green Nidhiki, I’ll gladly vote for it. We could use more translucent colors on Toa.

2 Likes

now that’s just problematic and therefore we’ll ignore it

4 Likes

greg did later specify he got Norik mixed up with Iruini. Back to the abysss I go

5 Likes

Oh boy…

I find myself conflicted on this one, to be frank. On the one hand, this quote more-or-less ignores grey and black as colors, which were rather prominent in the sockets of the respective sets, which leads me to wonder if an entrant could use grey or black prominently the same way most Nidhiki MOVs in the past have used silver. On the other hand, just because there is no need to be dual-colored, why couldn’t he be (or any other potential Toa of Air for that matter beyond Red Star shenanigans)?

I agree. Personally, I believe this is the color the author had in mind when using that word.

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

1 Like

Yeah that was me and I’m not gonna argue about that anymore. But maybe a theory in the future.

Due to the fact almost every character uses these pieces, I’ve theorized it’s not actually part of their colored Armor, but rather the black parts are chainmail-like stuff used for war and the grey is base machinery. Again just a theory, but outside of the theory Norik uses a black Metru Torso so that’s an option.

I’m a little bit worried about this Greg quote erupting into another argument but my stance is he could mono green or dual colored shades of green. Heck even tricolored as long as it fits in universe.

As for the quote, you’d have to convince the mods of the possibility of him not just being shades of Green.

EDIT: Black is a Ta-Matoran color so it’s possibly part of his colored armor.

1 Like

I do agree that there’s no reason to say “every normal Air Toa is just Greg.” But Greg does say that Nidhiki is just green.

Fortunately, unless we have an unmutated “Spinner” or Lesovikk contest, we won’t have any other Air Toa to worry about.

2 Likes

Lesovik seems unlikely as we have a pretty close version of him to his regular form. The only difference would be possibly removing the silver and tubes.
Spinner would be interesting though. I can’t even begin to figure out what he would’ve looked like.

What do you guys think?

2 Likes

Medium blue Orde and Varian or bust

4 Likes

I can see the makings of a body plan. Assuming he was reduced to a standard Toa, I can already the middle portion of his arm (consisting of a bley upper arm and a Metru shin/Hagah forearm) acting as his entire arm. His legs may feature Metru thigh plates on the figure colored green instead of silver (mirroring how the Toa Hordika had silver thigh plates rather than their elemental coloration).

1 Like

Since he wasn’t mutated in canon, I would agree that the thigh armor would be green but because of upgrades rather than mutation.
Also would his eyes be Red or is that just upgrades they added to him?

Oh crud I just noticed something awesome. I accidentally used a connection similar to Spinners for my Nidhiki’s arms:
Nidhiki Arm
Dark_Hunter_Spinner arm
Adds another layer of references to my design

Edit: Has anyone tried taking all of the silver pieces off of him to see what he looks like underneath?

1 Like

With the extremely extensive nature of his rebuilding (a completely redesigned torso, likely owing to near-fatal injuries, revamped legs and arms, and a head that appears almost totally different from a Toa’s normal head), I think it’s very likely that those eyes are not his own. Whatever condition the Dark Hunters found Spinner in, I think it would’ve looked extremely messy.

2 Likes

Considering what we’ve seen Rahkshi’s staffs do in the past, along with falling in a deep pit, I’m surprised they found enough to save him. I also just noticed the eyes were connected to the silver parts on his head so it’s like 95% likely he basically looked like a spare parts drawer when they found him.

He must’ve also fallen on his face, as not even his mask was kept as a DH.

3 Likes

In the case of Lesovikk , he mutated,but
Greg implied that Lesovikk doesn’t have much mutated and that he just get tube.

3 Likes

Lewa is Mata green and lime green, so there’s no reason Nidhiki can’t be multiple shades of green as well.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if Greg would want to do that, based on this quote:

It would definitely be cool, though. Does anyone know if the creators of these models (Savage, Prototype, and Spinner) are still active in the community?

It would be cool to see Medium Blue as a primary colour, since we’ve never seen that on a Toa before. I’m just not sure if they should both be Medium Blue; I would personally prefer that Orde and Varian have different colour schemes, in terms of shades.

2 Likes

I mean, we wouldn’t be undoing their work by returning them to their original selves – which is what that post proposed – we would just be depicting how they once looked in the past.

2 Likes

Good point; I had been thinking of it in the context of them being returned to their previous forms in the present, not as they looked in the past.

I do still wonder, though (as a side tangent), if the original creators would give the okay on their characters being unmutated/unfused/repaired, since it makes more sense from a story perspective.

3 Likes

Love your Toa Varian. In my humble opinion, i feel like Pearl Gold would suit her well if standing next to the Toa Hagah’s different metallic colors (specially Toa Norik, her old friend and partner).
Btw, since Lhikan’s secondary color is Bright Yellow instead of Dark Gold as stated by Greg himself and Nidhiki doesn’t have one bit of Silver, i propose that his armor becomes of an Emerald color (as stated in Birth of a Dark Hunter serial)

Toa Nidhiki leaped down and landed beside his comrade. His emerald armor was scarred and pitted from countless battles. “Midnight walks, now?” he whispered. “What’s the matter, the war not giving you enough exercise?”

1 Like