BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

The issue of recoloring is that as far as we know, its only for NECESSITY. Can we really say we need to recolor stuff out of necessity in these contests? Perhaps, actually. Flat gold is even more rare than sand green. Although the few flat gold parts we do have are indeed pretty good.

Because silver is officially an “Ice colour”.

Gold is not an “Air colour”, and silver is not a “Fire colour”

But silver is an “Ice colour”

Silver is practically much as a fire color as it is an ice color if you want to look at its distribution in sets at the moment. Tonally though I agree, but we’ve seen MANY fire Toa with silver.

3 Likes

I’m going off of the armour colours listed on BS01 for these given elements.

I don’t think he was referring to the metal colors, just the primary colors.

I would let the art contest allow the metal color to be recolored, that seems like the best solution here IMO.

But still, Norik’s appearance was hardly unique.

here we go again

3 Likes

Probably, but from his wording, it can be extended to Metallic colors matching metallic spinners when applicable.

The BS01 page for Ice gives white as the primary color, and grey or blue as the secondary. Not sure where you see silver being a color for ice.

1 Like

When compared to what? The only other Toa of Fire with silver armour is Tahu, and that’s because of the Adaptive Armour.

@Dag

From the Matoran page, as well as the Ko-Matoran page:

"Their armor and Kanohi colors include white, gray, sand blue, silver, light blue and black. "

Right, it could be, but I don’t think it’s anything to base the rules on.

As for silver - while I agree silver belongs in Ice, we only really see it in Matoro Mahri, and there as much of an argument could be made for the other Mahri, like Kongu and Nuparu.

2 Likes

So is black also an Ice color because Ko-Matoran have it too? Just because Ice can have those colors doesn’t mean they are defined by it. Even white, the primarily color, is also the primarily color for Light, which is why Kualus probably shouldn’t have gold in order to avoid confusion.

1 Like

Yes. In the context of the Matoran-Toa-Turaga species, black is an Ice colour. As such, Kualus probably should not have metallic black armour.

That’s as ridiculous as saying he shouldn’t have metallic blue armor lol

:popcorn:

4 Likes

Yes. He shouldn’t have metallic blue armour.

Ga-Matoran:

Identifiable physical attributes of Ga-Matoran include Kanohi and armor in varying shades of blue, and yellow eyes.

Both Toa Hahli sets break this rule.

Le-Matoran:

Identifiable physical attributes of Le-Matoran include green, lime-green, and turquoise Kanohi and armor, as well as yellow-green eyes.

Both Toa Kongu sets, again, defy this.

Po-Matoran:

Identifiable physical attributes of Po-Matoran include different shades of brown, yellow, orange, tan, and black Kanohi and armor.

Hewkii Inika has gunmetal armor, which isn’t covered by this description.

Shall I keep going?

So Toa of Ice can be partially blue (i.e. Matoro) but suddenly if it’s shiny, that’s too far?

5 Likes

And his Nuva armor. And Toa Hordika Vakama. And although Mahri Jaller didn’t have metallic armor, we’re just talking about metallics as a whole to match with the weapons for the Hagah-so Jaller also had a silver sword/gun. And the Glatorian of the fire tribe (different, I know) also had silver in their schemes. So the majority of fire based characters had more silver than gold. Interesting.

ok but what if you give him gold armor, and make sure to use a shade of blue as a secondary to his white + light blue eyes to really drive home the point and avoid comparisons to light (this is exactly what i’m planning on doing).

1 Like

Just throw that onto the pile of reasons that the Inika and Mahri builds are bad.

No, that would perfectly fit with a Toa of Ice. And that’s my problem. If Kualus has white and blue armour, what distinguishes him from a regular, non-elite Toa of Ice?

I think the metallic colours should all be colours that are NOT part of the standard colours for that element.

Those are both the result of mutation.

Weapons don’t count towards armour colour.

Not even the same species.

I know it was mutation. Doesn’t change the fact of the color. Weapon color does matter for Hagah, thanks though. I also identified I realized it was different circumstances so you were being redundant.

The quality of the build has nothing to do with the fact that you’re objectively wrong. This isn’t even about the build. Toa can have a certain color scheme that goes against the BS01 description. It’s not even just the Inika and Mahri.

The shiny regalia of a Toa Hagah?

Blue isn’t standard for Ice based on your own bloody source.

Also, I feel a sudden uncontrollable need to quote Faber’s IG: “Stop the command for others to be creative so you can consume.” This is totally an original thought and not one which an interdimensional genie appeared to me and commanded me to type.

4 Likes