BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

You mean the time when he tried to conquer the universe?
That doesn’t seem very heroic to me.

Thats why I put my silver Miru on him. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Depends on your side I guess, Alexander the Great isn’t called great because people hate him. And I doubt Axonn would have been a tyrant or anything, he was a former Hand of Artakha member and future Order of Mata Nui member. Not a BoM agent or anything, like a certain someone else.

A member of Jovan’s team wore an elda so it would be pretty cool if Kualus shaped his kanohi like the mask of detection because the real elda could be used to find rahi hidden in camouflage.

2 Likes

Yeah see, ideas like that are based and big brained.

2 Likes

That brings us back to the question if the organic Kanohi can canonically represent their non-organic counterparts.

1 Like

It’s a good point you have, but I was mentioning that in response to the point about Teridax being considered a “hero” that the Hagah would be honoring. He simply isn’t.

It would fall under the “no cut/modified pieces” rule, since it’d be a part of the visual. Sorry.

I’m seeing a lot of people playing telephone with my words, which makes these conversations much harder to have. If people aren’t going to read what I’m saying, and understanding the lack of finality at this stage, we’re going to stop having a dialogue real quick.

6 Likes

Sorry Eljay, I think most of that discussion is my fault lol

EDIT: I think most of it has been very civil though, and we understand that things are very preliminary at this point, if it’s any consolation.

1 Like

I think I know why this mask is an exception. Well, aside from Miserix being the only Makuta to not rebel against Mata Nui. Reconstitute at Random. Matoran actively use disks that cause random reconfigurations and mutations. The Mask of Mutation is a more controlled version of those disks. So perhaps it just seems normal to them, part of life, and thus not immoral.

But otherwise I do agree. It is incredibly weird for that one to not be considered immoral.

1 Like

There were a handful of Makuta that were also loyal to Miserix that were killed. They could have been wearing any types of mask.

That could basically be any mask, though.
At that point you’re back to just “mask worn by an unknown hero.”

1 Like

Which is exactly what it could be :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

A bunch of people have been asking to run a poll about the contests to see if they should continue, but it occurred to me that nobody seems interested in gauging how people feel they have gone up until this point.

So here’s a quick poll (note: this is in no way anything at all official, I’m just curious. Votes are public, but anonymous.)

How much have you enjoyed the canon contests so far?

• They’ve been fantastic, I’ve absolutely loved them.
  • They haven’t been without hiccups, but I’m still enjoying them.
  • I started off against them, but now I’m enjoying them.
  • I don’t like the results, but I think the process has been good.
  • I don’t like the process, but I think the results have been good.
  • I started off enjoying them, but now I’m not.
  • They haven’t been as bad as I expected, but I’m still not enjoying them.
  • They’ve been dreadful, I wish they never happened.
  • None of the above.

0 voters

(In the last polls I made, everyone was asking how to change vote - so if you’ve misclicked, you just need to click the “Show/Hide Results” button and you should be able to vote again. :wink: )

3 Likes

Can the Hagah shield be made out of different pieces, or only the two that came with the original Hagah? If not, then there’s no real option for a pearl gold / gunmetal gray shield.

1 Like

For the sake of fitting in with Norik & Iruini, I’d imagine they need to be the same piece. That being said, paint is still always an option (although unlike metru gold, I don’t have gunmetal or PG paint myself).

1 Like

Hopefully we can use brickbuilt rhotuka shields that maintain a similar shape. I doubt enough people would vote for a moc in spite of a painted piece.

Perhaps the artwork could turn them into the exact same shields as Norik and Iruini but in different metallic colors?

1 Like

On the one hand, it seems that a “Rhotuka Launching Shield” is a specific weapon with a specific shape.

On the other hand, Norik and Iruini didn’t even hold them the same way (at least not in the official instructions), which wouldn’t make sense if their shields were identical.

So it seems possible that each shield is unique in-story, but Norik and Iruini’s just happen to be represented by the same Lego piece.

In this case, I would think other shield shapes could be allowed.

Maybe this is a stretch. Maybe the shields actually are identical, and can be held either way. In this case, the specific part would be required.

I don’t know.

1 Like

Yeah that seems like a hard stretch to me. A handle is definitely the most varied and easily refitted part of a shield.
I’m totally down for placeholder shields that will be turned into hagah shields in official art though if someone wants the hagah to sport a different color in the moc.

2 Likes

…Except they do though? I just check the PDFs on BS01, and they’re constructed and held identically…

I found this on another instruction website. I have no idea why Lego did this, but it seems offical:

But again, as @Takutanuva said, this doesn’t really prove that their shields are actually different, just the way they are held. Kind of like how some of the Mahri hold their blasters underhand, while some are overhand: maybe their weapons have different grips, but the main part of the Cordak Blaster is still the same.

So, while the Hagah may vary in how they hold their shields, they all still have a Rhotuka Launching Shield, which all look the same.