BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

@Racie02, @Takutanuva, just because there are examples of confusing coloring in the past doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t keep the consistency now. We know all the right colors, and we (some of us) care about staying true to the canon.

1 Like

Nothing I’m saying is against canon. Weird try, but maybe another argument would actually work

bud don’t be rude because they disagree.

1 Like

I’m not, all I said was that wasn’t an actual point. Being pointed out as wrong isn’t a personal attack.

And nothing in the canon excludes certain colours from the Hagah.

It would certainly be confusing for Kualus and/or Gaaki to have these colours, but it would also be confusing if (hypothetically), a certain Toa team had masks that were intentionally in their non-standard shape.

2 Likes

Yes we do. Matoran hewkii had it as his mask/feet colour. That’s generally considered as burnt orange.

And canonically Toa can have whatever color they want.

Thats dark orange, but I can understand your point in the similarities. Thats also kind of my point, shades and hues are very semantic.

2 Likes

Let’s not go overboard here.

The Hagah, specifically, are exceptions specifically because their armour is made from precious metals meant to mark them as elite.

3 Likes

Why is no one acknowledging how good of a point this is

2 Likes

@Racie02, @Takutanuva, you are aguing that we can do whatever we want, because blue has different shades and because Hewkii Inika. I’m saying that if we can keep consistency we absolutely should.

1 Like

Hagah are already inconsistent, intentionally to set them apart. Who is to say that keeping them in line with what the traditional colors are is actually staying consistent to the Hagah?

What is inconsistent about Hagah’s colors?

Let me restate that: I don’t think you can just slap everything with the “don’t like it, don’t vote” principle. As in, some restrictions should exist to keep the MOC in compliance with canon.

That rule wasn’t enforced for that contest, and Bendy only created a controversy because people took themselves and the contest way too seriously–not because of any canon problems.

I don’t even remember having one, and it didn’t win and that contest ended months ago, so it’s kind of irrelevant. We’re talking about what rules this contest should have.

Already explained, but again, not the end of the world if there is no ban.

Keetongu is ■■■■■■■ yellow and I will die on this hill.

Yes we do, both Matoran Hewkii and '15 Pohatu had it.

I would assume, given that ambiguity, that they can have any blue or gold.

Which is why I’m not terribly passionate about this.

They’re not. There are no rules saying Toa of Fire cannot have silver, or Toa of Air cannot have FDG.

2 Likes

Secondary colors as highlights, apparently.

1 Like

If I were going overboard, I’d say kualus could be pink and mettalic green and it wouldn’t conflict with canon, because Greg has said that they can have any color scheme at all. But even if that was allowed, no one would vote for it.

well, I would. But that’s because I’m weird and would like to see a Toa with colours like that.

1 Like

I see this as a 200 iq tactical move, like think about it if your an elite warrior you’d be hiding your true powers too, just to trick your opponent to prepare for the wrong situations.

1 Like

We’ve also never seen it before. Thus, he is the only known exception.

And it is because of his elite Hagah armour, not because the Great Beings loaded the wrong colour into the machine.

This only further proves my point.

You can call a rabbit a flapjack, but it ain’t a bloody flapjack. KEET. IS. YELLOW. 1V1 ME.

We’ve never seen a lot of things. Doesn’t mean it breaks logic. Until there’s evidence that green and gold is a color scheme intrinsic to another element, Iruini cannot be considered an exception to a rule that doesn’t exist.

2 Likes