BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

he is Kyeeteet orange

1 Like

Oh what, you wanna go, too? Iā€™LL ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  TAKE YOU ALL

3 Likes

No, Iā€™m just messing with ya but ya keet is orange or yellowish orange at best

This is not how providing evidence works. I could easily use this own logic to say we have no evidence that there are no currently gold armored water Toa or gold armored Ice Toa because we havenā€™t see it.

So why exactly are people so adamant about having gold armor on Kualus/Gaaki? Like I understand why people donā€™t want that, and it makes a lot of sense to me, but I donā€™t get why people are for it. Is it because people have already built their MOCs or something?

3 Likes

No, my Kualus is silver, and I donā€™t have a Gaaki. I just havenā€™t seen any solid reasoning besides opinion. If you just think itā€™s personally confusing I get it, but presenting it as fact and like its mandatory is what I canā€™t get behind.

What are you on about? There is no rule that weā€™ve ever seen which indicates that gold armor is mutually exclusive to being a Toa of Air, or that thereā€™s another element which is signified by green and gold armor. We do know that Toa of Psionics are blue and gold, and therefore Toa of Water most likely cannot be blue and gold because that defeats the purpose of color-coding the elements, which the GBs apparently went out of their way to do when creating the Matoran.

We cannot be 100% certain that no Toa of Water has ever worn gold because you canā€™t prove a negative, but itā€™s for that exact reason that you canā€™t prove that itā€™s unreasonable for a Toa of Air to wear green when thereā€™s no element signified by gold and green.

2 Likes

So as you just proved, your logic is inherently inconsistent and flawed. Just provide me the evidence saying something canā€™t be a color. But there isnā€™t, so you can not.
We have several instances in Matoran where the color coding has failed already.

This would be a huge problem for me if I ever said that it canā€™t. My thesis was that itā€™s illogical and would be confusing even in-universe, and it wouldnā€™t be consistent with the Hagah we have thus far.

1 Like

And Toa can canonically be any color.
This is entirely different from the Metru build debate, where we have a defined canon, but disagree on what it means. This is something that the canon doesnā€™t indicate at all, and in fact has examples of different colors for Toa.

Sorry, I meant we needed it. It should have been around, but wasnā€™t until after that debacle because the admins didnā€™t realize it would be a problem.

Doesnā€™t matter. What matters is that it was allowed.

So my question is then: why does there have to be another reason for not allowing it other than that the color scheme is already taken? As Iā€™ve said so many countless times, not everything has to be so meticulously defined.

Furthermore, allowing element-specific color schemes into other elements defeats the purpose of even color coding elements. By your logic, this is a Toa of Fire.

As the rhetorician himself said.

2 Likes
  1. Where is the evidence for this, exactly?
  2. We already have the existing logistical problems of it being confusing both to us and to characters in-universe. This is something the Makuta would have chosen.

And it was the first contest, and there was oversight, which you just said about letting Bendy through. As I said, weā€™re not debating the Helryx contest. Weā€™re debating rules for the Hagah contest.

2 Likes

Well if that isnā€™t the flimsiest little strawman Iā€™ve ever seen.

Youā€™ve recognized Iruini as being unique so far amongst other Air Toa, yes? Therefor its arguably more consistent to have another unique color scheme.

Your point up here was based off of what could not be. You backed this with defense on color consistency, which weā€™ve also proved is already inconsistent.

Itā€™s not. Heā€™s following your line of thinking to its natural conclusion. If color schemes donā€™t matter, that can be a Toa of Fire, but this creates problems in- and out-of-canon.

To our knowledge, yes. Which is the point of the Hagah armor.

Unique meaning what, in this case? Because weā€™re not debating giving Gaaki, idk, pink armor. Weā€™re talking about gold armorā€“which is potentially unique to Toa of Water, but not to Toa.

Because you said the Hagah were inconsistent. Youā€™re reading into my semantics too hard.

You havenā€™t proven itā€™s inconsistent, you only said you did whilst (possibly unintentionally) burning down a strawman I never erected.

2 Likes

Fine fine Iā€™ll explain my reasoning.

Your argument is that because we havenā€™t seen a rule that Toa of water/light donā€™t have gold armor, we can include it. My argument is that based on that logic, we havenā€™t ever had a rule that says a Toa of Fire - which can have yellow armor - canā€™t have blue armor. In fact, Takua had blue armor and everyone though he was a Matoran of Fire, so technically my argument is even more consistent that yours.

And even disregarding that, the point that has been made several times still stands - why even color code elements at all if weā€™re gonna change them anyways?

Also this a recurring thing where you try to say your counterpoints in the most offensive way possible just because you disagree and itā€™s getting annoying.

3 Likes

Are people seriously arguing that gold should be banned?

Really? The same people who care so much about canon that they want to enforce a specific piece, now want to restrict canon because a Toa might kinda look like another Toa?

This is ridiculous. Kualus, Gaaki, Pouks, and Bomonga can be any metallic color. Including gold. End of story.

3 Likes

you mean look identical right.

2 Likes

While I get the ā€œdonā€™t like it, donā€™t vote for itā€ mentality, its frequent use comes off more as a kneejerk reaction than anything constructive. The same applies when to how X is supposedly good, only to retreat to ā€œitā€™ll probably lose anyways.ā€ Inb4 argumentum ad populum and whataboutism.

On a somewhat related topic, thereā€™s been little to no regulations that pertain to articulation, basic color blocking, and stability. Somewhat unsurprisingly, weā€™ve been given two unstable mocs, one which canā€™t stand up properly. It would be nice if there were rules to prevent this but like iBunny said, I doubt things are going to change and theyā€™re probably going to allow lookalikes so whatever I guess

7 Likes

Good that isnā€™t actually my logic, its what I juxtaposed as a counter to:

He introduced the logic that Iruini was not unique because we hadnā€™t seen otherwise. You guys are arguing with your own logic, not mine. Iā€™m not saying any Toa can be different. Iā€™m saying specifically the Hagah. Because they arenā€™t just any Toa. Theyā€™re the Hagah.

I provided evidence of inconsistencies with Iron and Stone. Amongst Matoran, weā€™ve already seen overlaps in Stone and Earth. Av-Matoran overlap with everyone.

every night, i see Arflopkha in my dreams

5 Likes