BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

Can you link that quote? It would be weird if there is no silver since mutated Nidhiki has a lot of silver parts.

1 Like

Here are two

Literally every character mutated by roodaka has silver in some way.

2 Likes

Imagine using more pieces when 1 single piece does the job just fine.

This post was made by the Inika Build Gang.

3 Likes

Artakha can’t

In all honesty, Inika build is objectively the worst prefab build because every other build has the option of gear functions.

Orde has literal telekinesis. He doesn’t even need to aim to hit anything.

The only scenario where accuracy makes sense is if something is moving too fast for him to control, or if it’s energy and thus maybe can’t be telekineted. Hence why he should not have a Sanok.

also you couldn’t cut a chain with a grass no matter how accurate you are.

3 Likes

Artakha needs to work smarter, not harder, then.

1 Like

Yes but thats canon. (Somehow… maybe because its a different universe with different laws of nature)
And that was supposed to show that it has great strength. More than a hurricane.

It doesn’t use telekinesis. And is always on on a low level. It could be an impulse throw and he would hit and injure the target. With telekinesis he would have to concentrate.

1 Like

The other thing to remember about redundant mask powers is that Kanohi don’t draw upon a Toa’s elemental energy reserves. Even if every single function of one’s Kanohi could be replicated with one’s elemental powers (like Takanuva), there is still value to be gained from the fact that using your mask won’t deplete energy that could be used elsewhere.
I do think it’s pretty boring when your powers are that limited, however.

2 Likes

Artakha as an Inika build is probably the worst Artakha possible and that’s saying something

As well, accuracy might help Orde with that whole mind probing thing since you don’t want to miss when you’re toying with someone’s thoughts

Well, that’s dumb.

What, is he just throwing it into a convenient tornado? It’s a mask of accuracy, not godlike super-strength!

Yeah, I never liked that either.

At least the Avohkii does stuff besides elemental light oh wait Takanuva literally never uses those abilities never mind.

It could also mean that he’s never wrong, because he makes an “accurate” guess.

2 Likes

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh I mean, if you value gear functions above all else, sure, but are you really gonna put Inika build under the Vahki and Hordika builds? Plus most of those gearboxes come at the cost of friction. Like, apart from the G2 gearbox, there is very little room for creativity in a Metru or Mata torso, even less if you’re trying to mod in friction adders. I tried for hours to try and add friction to the Metru build for my Hagah entrants, and there are very few methods of adding friction that don’t break the aesthetics of the piece. Mata Torso is better, but it isn’t great.

G2 is king though, Masters were the best canister wave we ever got.

What do all of my torso ramblings have to do with canon contests? Uhh. Hmm.

Well, I’d just like to say that I’d also think it’d be neat to see all three main builds represented in the Yesterday Crew. Mata Orde ofc, and then Inika and Metru builds given to either Chiara or Zaria. It’d be a neat visual difference if anything, and it’d be a cool meta thing, like all the eras of G1 banding together. Of course, I wouldn’t want this, you know, hardline regulated into the contests or whatever. It’d just be a cool meta thing designers could throw in.

4 Likes

No its the force of one. If the tornado catches a blade of grass it would do a-lot of damage (his words). And the strenght the throw has would be equally as strong.

Well apparently it is. Meaning that the pakari is definitely useless

1 Like

Hot take: the inika Sanok is one of the ugliest Bionicle masks ever and I don’t want to see anyone else wearing it.

the “inorganic” version isn’t as bad, though.

2 Likes

That’s not accuracy. That’s strength.

You can’t generate more force than is physically possible by being more accurate.

1 Like

Yes. In our world/universe.

Different universe different physics. And its magic.

The quote. Featured on BS01.

Greg wants the bionicle universe to work like that so it does somehow.

1 Like

I acknowledge that is what Greg said.

I also acknowledge that is stupid.

I think the most sensible conclusion is the that just like with silver Iruini, Greg was [gasp] wrong.

1 Like

Doesn’t change their canonizity as standard shape. Especially in the case of nidhiki

1 Like

Two more quotes about it. And two quotes about other parts of the functionality.
Its not the mask of accuracy but the mask of make projectile. So I dont think it was a Iruinni is silver like thing. It was a fact.

2 Likes

Yes, it doesn’t. That doesn’t change the fact that custom designs are allowed.

*Only in the case of Nidhiki. And maybe not even him. There’s a good argument to be had that Nidhiki could have a regional variant but I need to sleep so I’ll just leave it at that for now.

2 Likes

“Saying something more does not make it more right.” -Sensei Wu

Yeah I stand by my opinion that Greg doesn’t know how accuracy works.

And I stand by the fact that the Incredible Hulk wearing a Pakari Nuva couldn’t cut a chain by throwing grass at it. That’s not how accuracy or strength works.

and even if it was apparently it has to be inorganic and grass is organic unless it isn’t in the MU so hewkii couldn’t cut a chain with grass anyway so there.

5 Likes