BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

His point is that Eljay has already read his post, and since no punishment has been meted out, it is doubtful punishment will be meted out.

That is, for that post. If we continue discussing something utterly off topic, that could change, but who am I to say?

Now, where were we. Azure? Varian? I can’t remember.

13 Likes

Gilahu’s “oppression” comment was absurd, and I don’t think I’m wrong for commenting on it in the slightest. I have actual, real-life problems because I’m oppressed, and I think it’s safe to say that calling your headcanon going poof with new canonization is not a real-life problem.

In other words, I can understand Gilahu’s reasoning. But I don’t have any respect for it due to the words they chose to use.

11 Likes

Oh ok, I guess I kinda understand it now somewhat better. But then again, the fact that he’s read his message doesn’t really mean anything really, he could still punish him if he really wanted to.

I agree with you. There was no rhetoric with my post. Just want to keep people from inciting a repeat of a debate that’s already been had.

I’m on your side on this. We’re repeating ourselves and the conversation took a nice turn until about half an hour ago :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yes, azure, the color that Shadow-Nui said Varian’s mask was (or something). Likely just flowery for “blue”, given that “azure” wasn’t really a Lego color by that point (unless you think he saw that Scala figure and had its coat in mind).

3 Likes

I mean that’s obviously what happened, duhhh
The world has never been the same since the release of that Scala figure…

AFAIK the only other instance of “azure” in canon is in Decadence, used to refer to members of the Water Tribe. It’s not written by Shadow-Nui, nor is it written by Greg, but it seems the only other instance of the word in canon is used to refer to multiple shades of blue.

2 Likes

thanks for the shade I totally feel better about myself now

Is there even enough azure pieces capable of making a Toa/Glatorian?

I think the consensus I’m getting is that Varian is likely going to be built with some sort of bluish-blue color, maybe with some blue sprinkled in there.

5 Likes

12 Likes

I highly doubt that. Have you been paying any attention? What even made you come to that conclusion? Where did we go wrong?

2 Likes

No shade intended. This was more related to Gilahu’s posts.

You mean blue? :stuck_out_tongue:

I completely absolutely didn’t misread your post and think you’d just mistyped

I think the way this should be implemented in the rules is “your interpretation of ‘azure’ can be any shade of blue, so long as it’s lighter than Mata blue”, or something to that effect.

1 Like

Ok you’ve proved your point, but do we have enough capable of making an entirely different character we’ve never seen before stand out on there own merit in-terms of design?

I’d say so, especially because my guess is that the winner for Varian is most likely going to be a lot closer to G1’s style than the sleek and smooth G2 sets.

2 Likes

Someone make a MOC with this jacket, I beg you

7 Likes

Oh ok then, good to know. I could see why you would have thrown some towards me though, since after Gilahu brought back up the discussion, people were trying to ignore it after they brought it up and had been ignoring it by continuing to discuss Varian instead, and then after that, I brought up something sort-of similar about Eljay in the middle of it, so I didn’t really do any favors either.

There’s more of a good amount of medium blue out there than azure, I myself have been having a hard time finding many pieces in azure that would fit the aesthetics of Bionicle.

doesn’t really have to be; only the mask is known to be azure (and it needs to be painted anyway, because Calix). She could have multiple shades of clue. Could even have a different-color mask, similar to Nokama Metru

2 Likes

Really hoping I’m not opening a can of worms here, but Norik’s mask is in the shape of a Kiril, and Iruni’s mask is in the shape of a standard Kualsi. If one of the contenders with a mask that isn’t reused wins, is that going to be the canonical design for the mask? (Eg, if perp’s bomonga wins, would that mask become the design for the mask of growth?)

1 Like

Unfortunately, no. Greg has stated that all the other Hagah follow Norik’s example.

2 Likes

Ah gotcha, thanks.