BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

Hey look they made Faber into an action figure

I think people just wanted a relaxing, controversy-free discussion for a change :stuck_out_tongue:

Perp3tualā€™s intention was to create unnamed Kanohi designs for each Hagah, so the true appearance of the Mask of Growth, Clairvoyance, etc. would still be unconfirmed. Not sure if Galvaā€™s masks were intended to be the Hagahā€™s reshaped masks, or the true Kanohi shapes; but given his masksā€™ popularity, Iā€™m concerned if the latter is the case.

9 Likes

Christian in tough wear

It all makes sense.

You can close the topic now, I think weā€™ve all reached an agreement

1 Like

#14B2020 confirmed as Scala revival???

5 Likes

8 Likes

I donā€™t think people should be AZURE of her colors, there could be some VARIANce in what that term means.

10 Likes

what have I done

Very fancy. I do think the trans pink eyes would annoy people who wanted to reproduce this, though. Personally, Iā€™d also prefer her to have a different shield design so she looks distinct from a Toa Hagah. Considering she already has a metallic colour, we should avoid making the Hagah look like they didnā€™t actually undergo an upgrade when put next to a regular Toa.

4 Likes

Re:the coat. It isnā€™t even LEGOā€™s azure (both introduced to the palette in 2011). Bricklink calling it that doesnā€™t make it be that color. Either a) it exists outside of Legoā€™s usual colors because itā€™s cloth, or b) itā€™s a blue color from that era, most likely Mata blue.

Regardless, I agree that azure just means blue here.

3 Likes

That is objectively incorrect.

A dictatorship implies Eljayā€™s the sole supreme leader.

Mesonak runs the contests with him, so itā€™s really an oligarchy.

4 Likes

so.

um.

can we not?

ā€¦COLORS, amirite guys! Letā€™s talk about Tuyet some more since thatā€™s pending. How many people here would only want to see a Tuyet with some amount of silver?

4 Likes

A Tuyet moc idea I came up with is metru blue and black, but that just feels bland.

3 Likes

I liked the m. blue / gunmetal concept

EDIT: further thoughts, Iā€™d only want her to be gunmetal if Nidhiki was silver. And heā€™s not.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure about her being silver. It works but I would rather see a different color instead.

I used purple on mine

2 Likes

I like the idea of metru blue + black + gunmetal though.

3 Likes

I went ahead and made the rest of it chrome, too (chrome black hands and ankles, chrome silver head), and picked a more agreeable eye color. (couldnā€™t be arsed to do the shield)

4 Likes

Back in the Artakha contest, when the topic of sideline canonizations was broached in regards to the Staff of Artakha, I distinctly remember Eljay mentioning it as well. Canā€™t remember precisely what he said (Iā€™ll try to find the quote after this)(found it) , but Iā€™m pretty sure he was indifferent to the idea. I donā€™t think it should be a mandatory addition, but if people want to add it I donā€™t see the problem with it (although if MOCs are presented with it, I imagine a lot of the red Bohrok eyes being used).

Okay, but unironically I do want a pink element.

Also, per the metallics conversation: As I said a ways back, I donā€™t want Nidhiki (or most of the other Toa) to have metallic armor, because it would only devalue the ā€œspecialnessā€ itā€™s supposed to convey. ā€œIf everyone has special metallic armor, no one has special metallic armorā€.

4 Likes

Not to make this topic even more chaotic, BUTā€¦

On the note of the Toa Hagah and THEIR color schemes, I was looking at the official Rahaga sets, and I believe they provide some clues as to which characters have which metallic colors.

Rahaga

Youā€™ll notice four of the Rahaga have a rhotuka spinner matching their primary color, while two have a metallic rhotuka. These two would be Iruini and Gaaki. Iruiniā€™s Rhotuka is ā€œFlat Dark Goldā€ matching his set, while Gaakiā€™s is ā€œFlat Silverā€. SEE! I knew she wasnā€™t gold!!

This discovery supports my idea for the ideal colors for the team, as two members are known to have the same metallic color, (Gaaki is silver,) meaning there is likely a 3:3 ratio, a 2:2:2 ratio, or maybe even a 3:2:1 ratio. If anything though, it disproves a 1:1:1:1:1:1 ratio.

I was a little disappointed though when I found thereā€™s more to the storyā€¦

m1gvVgIzLwbZAySbInrbE7w

This image isnā€™t the best, but as you can see, the marketing images for Bomonga show him with a black rhotuka, when in reality the set only includes a ā€œFlat Silverā€ rhotuka. Should we chose to follow the colors used in these sets, now Bomonga Gaaki and Norik are all ā€œFlat Silverā€. Unless we chose a 3:2:1 ratio or aā€¦ uhā€¦ 3:1:1:1 ratio, than likely the team has a 3:3 ratio with Kualus Iruini and Pouks wearing ā€œFlat Dark Goldā€ armor. I do not want a gold Kualus, as heā€™d look like a toa of light, and a gold pouks just doesnā€™t look good IMO.

So we have probably four options;

1: The 3:3 ratio I previously mentioned. Iā€™m sure plenty would like it. I wonā€™t.
2: Some other ratio thatā€™s asymmetric
3: We ignore Bomongaā€™s in-set rhotuka color because the marketing did too
4: (The best option) we just ignore this entirely as no oneā€™s gonna care anyway

2 Likes

Youā€™re a bit late to that realization, AND the train has already left the station.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve always been a bit disappointed that psionics wasnā€™t purple and gold rather than blue and gold. Blue already has extra representation given itā€™s also part of lightning (and lighter shades occasionally as an accent to ice) and purple was never used at all outside of minor accents to earth.

(Also I just like purple and gold together and want more excuses to use it :upside_down_face:)

3 Likes

Maybe we can get away with indigoā€¦

As I said before, all blue, all the time.

Also, if theyā€™re allowed, sheā€™s got some Nui Stone shards in her abdomen.

I was just about to do that. Iā€™m liking this idea more and more.

Bomongaā€™s Rhotuka was all over the place, so Iā€™m fine ignoring it.

The bigger point there is Gaakiā€™s silver Rhotuka, since it implies her metallic colour is silver. Silver Gaakiā€™s looking pretty likely right now too, with a majority of her remaining entries being silver. Plus, the only alternatives are Psionics Gaaki or Standard Water Gaaki, so Iā€™d be happy (ish) with Silver Gaaki.

If we get silver Gaaki, then Iā€™d say the best option is a 2/2/2 split; silver Gaaki, gold Bomonga, and gunmetal Pouks and Kualus.

No kidding; six of the fifteen characters in these contests have blue as a major colour (Helryx, Gaaki, Orde, Tuyet, Varian, Chiara). Seven if you count Lariskaā€™s teal as a shade of blue.

If Marendar ends up being blue, then over half of these contests characters will be blue.

7 Likes