BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

Coughcoughgravitycoughcough
ok it was never used in sets if thats what you meant

2 Likes

Earlier, I did plan to joke that we should do Nidhiki next so we can finally stop talking about what specific color of green was he exactly.

Then I realized we will never be free from the color discourse. No matter the character, it will go on till the end of time.

3 Likes

Iā€™d forgotten about gravity haha - although we donā€™t even have a gravity toa option for canonization (that I know of)

:eyes:glances nervously at half-finished blue marendar MOC

4 Likes

Imo actually itā€™d better to allow any yellow/orange colors, or at least copper to addition to gold

Found it! Nothing groundbreaking though:
We havenā€™t discussed the merits yet, so keep discussing, but the way Iā€™m leaning right now is
Staff of Artakha = No. Wasnā€™t his tool, itā€™s just another thing he made.
Nui Stone = Optional. Itā€™s a large part of Tuyetā€™s role in the story, but itā€™s not something weā€™ve discussed before, as I said. I can see us allowing it, but not mandating it. I can also see us allowing it, with the understanding that itā€™d be semi-canon. And finally, I can also see us asking Greg if itā€™s alright as well. We have a lot of options.

Honestly I just want the secondary elements to have more diverse colors to pull from like the primary elements do. If it were up me:
-Sonics: Actually Iā€™m fine with them being grey. Just make the next Toa of Sonics primarily gray, as opposed to Krakua being primarily black, to make them stand out from Toa of Earth.
-Gravity: Purpleā€™s good, so long as itā€™s primarily that and not another Krakua situation of being mostly black.
-Plasma: Add some blue in there! Pairs well with orange.
-Magnestism: Honestly donā€™t have any ideas for this one. People seem to forget that Jovan is, like, outwardly 97% gunmetal, so is pretty different from a Toa of Earth. But, I donā€™t like the idea of metallics being an elementā€™s primary color. Soā€¦ iunno :woman_shrugging:
-Green/Jungle: idk, brown I guess? Thatā€™s plant-y.
-Lightning: Yellow! Looks nice with blue, and goes with lightning too (which is kinda yellow-y).
-Iron: Eh, theyā€™ve got plenty of stuff.
-Psionics: Pink! Differentiates them from Toa of Water further, and pink is brain color, which is their whole deal.
(Some of these Iā€™ve thought of more than others :stuck_out_tongue:)

4 Likes

Or Pouks/Kualus could have metallic blue. :gem:

2 Likes

I like the physical construction of your Tuyet, but she desperately needs a second color to break her up, as thatā€™d help a lot with making her limbs more legible. Also please stop rendering with Pearl colors in Studio I beg you

4 Likes

Lego had 4 gold colors used for bionicle by the way, not one. So multiply by 4

No there are already 2 different golds and 2x4 =/= 4. So multiply by 2.
(and in stud.io there is antiqe brass which is kinda gold. There are: Flat dark gold, pearl gold, chrome gold, reddish gold, metallic gold, that weird gold that the mata masks had and (possibly) antique brass
overall: 6 golds (atleast, I might have forgotten some)

Iā€™m blind. I didnt see that. But still its already two golds.

1 Like

si senorita

Important to remember legoā€™s azure variants didinā€™t exist at the time of Varianā€™s introduction. Also, if Iā€™m not mistaken Zaktanā€™s been described as emerald and heā€™s metru green, sand green, and gold.

Also, Johmakā€™s armor was described as ā€œebon-coloredā€, not ebony, which is a seemingly small, but quite important difference, as Ebon is black, whereas Ebony is very dark brown.

edit: ignore anything already covered, i replied before making it to the bottom of the thread

2 Likes

Bionicle used those gold colors:

Metallic Sand Yellow (most of Flat Dark Gold on bricklink)
Reddish Gold (may be either Pearl Gold or Copper on bl, in bionicle used for krana only but was pretty common in KK, which is commonly used in Bionicle mocs)
Yellow Flip/Flop (idk what bl calls it, but itā€™s Mata masks gold color)
Warm Gold (the current gold, all ā€œPearl Goldā€ instances on bl starting from 2006)

And if we add up all Lego gold colorsā€¦ Huh, that will be even longer list

1 Like

Yes I just learned Nothing new. I knew that already. I just didnā€™t see the

part.

1 Like

Speaking of our ladies with faces covered by ā€œno imageā€ masks, I think that Naho will be pretty good Coral. And I agree on usage of Pink for Tuyet by the way

We need to be more tolerant of the characterā€™s color.
tbh, toaā€™s colorset had changed every year

When toa of stone are came out with non-brown colorć…”gunmetal, keetonrange, and orangeć…” we were obviously shocked.
(The reason why toa of stoneā€™s color changed is because brown set showed the slowest sales except for Mata Pohatu.)

Look at Inika hahli. Blue and white.
This colorset is toa of lightning, but sheā€™s definitely toa of water
(of course toa inika have lightning elemental power-)
Mahri Hahli, Blue-Green. Yes, she is Lariska.

Greg didnā€™t think much of color when he was writing, and his book included things that werenā€™t depicted in set.
Inika jaller with double swords, Mahri Nuparu with large swords, etc.

Set designers didnā€™t care about color setting, they just thought of a better-selling color.
so toaā€™s color changed every year.

Is there any reason why we canā€™t do it since Lego has already done it?

i think that although we ignore Gregā€™s words a little, we can use more colors that make our creations look better.

If itā€™s not too unnatural(like a pink-body toa of earth or blue toa of fire.) I think we can use more colors.(especially for second color-third-fourth etcā€¦)
(Add as edit)
and alternative colors should be allowed, especially for parts that lack a variety.
For example, we can replace burnt orange with orange or keetonorange.

well, my orde is Light Blue and Flat Dark Gold, but I donā€™t think itā€™s impossible.

11 Likes

White and orange is plenty unique on its own. I donā€™t think plasma needs anything else.

If it wasnā€™t for Jovan, Iā€™d make Magnetism red, blue, and white.

1 Like

Not really the best color choice. Especially when youā€™re building warrior, and not some fancy clowny stuff

1 Like

Itā€™d totally work. Pick Metru red or Metru blue as the base color, do white accents. Simples.
Of course, this would mean weā€™d need a different color scheme for Lightning. Iā€™d rather just axe the blue.

1 Like

It may be a little strange, but I think it makes sense, donā€™t we usually use red and blue when we express N and S poles of magnets?

2 Likes

Yes we do, but not everywhere and this is pretty much stupid straight-forward thing that also pretty much meaningless for GB to make this way

@KDNX I have better solution for you. Add as much red axles and blue pins as you can to your MOC

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight