BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

"I come from the darkest timeline, where everyone wears a mustache and goatee."

• Community probably, I don’t remember the exact quote
2 Likes

Tahu with a balbo and a midwestern american accent talking about how he broke your bicycle and enjoyed every second of it

The evilest timeline

6 Likes

I would ask how you broke her mask but I’ve also somehow managed to shatter piraka and inika ankles

5 Likes

Dang, how’d you get em on the court?

It’s been established that the Toa Empire Universe diverged from the Prime Universe in the moment that Nidhiki decided to help Tuyet and kill Lhikan. Anything that happened before that is likely still the same, so the Toa Mata would probably look the same, unless Tuyet decided to modify their armour to make them look more uniform or something like that. Also, they didn’t spend 1000 years floating in the ocean and decomposing, so that probably affected their appearance as well.

That’s also why I don’t think it’s too crazy that Tuyet could have changed her weapon after forming the Toa Empire; a weapon designed to maximize physical damage has always seemed a little too explicitly evil to me, anyways.

The reality, though, is as @Racie02 said; Greg promised to reveal Tuyet’s weapon in the serials, and the Barbed Broadsword in Dark Mirror was likely intended to be the big reveal after he failed to deliver in Into The Darkness, even if he never explicitly confirmed as such.

2 Likes

It was the devious machinations of a cousin throwing the set at 30 kph directly into a wall

7 Likes
  1. Whatever, who cares

2. Metru, yes

3. Could be the same height or shorter, taller is a big no-no

4. Whatever, who cares

What makes you feel that way if you don’t mind me asking?

If feasible, is it possible to run multiple contests at the same time?
For example, the three Toa (Orde, Chiara, and Zaria) of “The Yesterday Quest” will hold a contest at the same time.
The progress of the contest will be faster, but the burden of management will be heavier.

3 Likes

I would love that personally, but realistically like you said it’d be burdensome. I wouldn’t want them to feel like have to over extend themselves for that but I wouldn’t be upset if it happened either.

2 Likes

I’ve been wondering about that myself, since these three are a team.

Could they be run Hagah-style, with the three MOC Contests happening simultaneously and the Art Contest depicting all three of them together with Gelu? Or are they not “team-like” enough to warrant a group shot?

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t mind Tuyet being slightly taller than Lhikan. Within reason, of course.

Vakama is the leader of the Toa Metru/Turaga and there are other members (albeit slightly) taller than him.

1 Like

Eh, I can understand the impetus behind it, but with the Hagah contest we’ve seen what happens when we do multiple contests at once: people need time extensions not only to simply finish their entries, but to give them that extra level of polish that would really make them stand out. Artists would probably need extra time to finish their entries if they wish to enter all three contests going on, like what’s happened now with the Hagah Art portion. I’d imagine MOCists too would need extra time to complete each of their MOCs at once, particularly if they’re working from a limited palette and need to transfer parts from one entry to another (true we never saw that with the Hagah MOC portion, but those had much stricter rules and general design philosophies that wouldn’t necessarily create the same squeeze on parts as the rest of the contests would).

I do think the intention behind the contests way back a year ago was that one contest would end, and the next one would start up a couple weeks later. These first three contests and the length between them are not necessarily representative of how long the rest should take.

1 Like

Onewa waltzes over with his stilt shins and towers over Vakama

2 Likes

I doubt we will have any confirmation now from Greg about her weapon, and since is the only known weapon she had (despite been in an alternate universe) I think the best is to say that she has the same weapon in the prime universe.

Most Toa tools are pretty savage, they are weapons after all. Lewa Air Saber is pretty much what you could expect from Tuyet sword. But most, if not all the time, they use their weapons to focus their elemental power or block another attack. In that regard a barbed sword would help in blocking and hooking an enemy weapon.

I was going to propose the same in regards those three, since their only appearence was in that serial. I think the format for the Hagah MOC contest would be ideal, but I have mixed feelings about imposing that they need to have a team shot in the art portion, since they were a team for little time, as far as we know.

3 Likes

I don’t think TTV needs a contest that is more intensive to manage.

3 Likes

stares at Onua Nuva’s chainsaws

Whatever could you mean?

5 Likes

Idk, I guess I justy don’t like the idea of any of the team members being taller than the team leader

>inb4 “Vakama isn’t the tallest Toa Metru”
yeah and I don’t like that either

Ideally I’d like to see Tuyet being the same height as Lhikan

It would be more intensive compared to a single contest by virtue of sheer volume, but it would be way simpler than the Hagah Contest. There’s only three characters rather than four, there shouldn’t need to be any special change permissions, and they each have way less to regulate (they don’t have to follow any given build or be uniform with each other).

Plus, even if there does have to be special Hagah-type rules for some reason, now we have experience with them.

3 Likes

Yeah that sounds like too much at once. It would be cool to get a group shot of the bunch though. Perhaps the art portion for the last of the bunch (Chiara right?) could mandate a Hagah-like group shot rule.

2 Likes