BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

Fair enough, though I still ask that the 10 topics limit be lifted. Good to see that a bot will message new voters, though. Should make it easy to understand.

2 Likes

sounds fair, though does the trust topic clearly state that it is required for voting on the contest? I worry for new users who are not necessarily tech savvy/familiar with the workings of messageboards or are otherwise able to miss important details.

1 Like

We will not lift the topic limit. If you read every one of the rule topics, you’ll have all 10 topics accounted for.

It does. Should be under what you get unlocked for reaching Trust Level 1.

In all fairness, this should have been done from the get go. We’re trying to solve different issues where we can, and this was a quick and reasonable way to solve a major concern people had while keeping in true to our stance on entry campaigning and vote brigading.

4 Likes

@Godzilla I totally agree. I’m a huge Bionicle fan and wanted to vote on this, but I am not a big TTV fan nor do I care to use this forum all the time. I just wanna vote in contests.

5 Likes

It seems the changes are here to stay. Frankly I am against the changes, especially because the contest did not start with them, but nothing can be done about it.
I just hope prospective voters aren’t put off by the changes.
@Eljay Will the bot be linking to every one of the rule topics? Or just the Rules list and FAQ?

2 Likes

I’m just putting it out there that this doesn’t seem fair to fans who don’t care for the forum. This contest is to determine the canon appearance and it doesn’t seem like anything but interferance for people not from here. Especially it’s being done this late in the race when it’s neck and neck like this. You just shut off the rest of the community from voting with this move, more or less. I know there was an issue with one individual trying to sway votes, but people simply wanting to vote can’t even find the poll right now, man.

4 Likes

This is the first contest. They weren’t going to get everything right. So while it may not be best to implement now, it is good for those who are generally discouraged by work to spam votes for a joke because some nerds on another site said to vote for the joke entry for the lulz.

7 Likes

I agree that this, as well as other changes should be implemented. But I cannot in good faith say it is right for a contest to change in the final phase, without warning. This change wasn’t even put in place at the beginning, but over halfway through the final phase. It is rather disconcerting.

Edit: To add onto this, other MOCs lost during the original voting system. This not only affects the votes now, but is rather disparaging for those who lost before any changes at all.

3 Likes

Or it could be implemented in future. This is just axing non members. Ttv shouldn’t solely be the ones holding the keys to vote on a canon appearance of a character and fans of the line who may be invested but not within this circle are now going to have to jump through hoops. I don’t know, that doesn’t sit well with me in regards to any of this.

3 Likes

I get everyone was on BZP back in the day, but now with the fragmentation it needs to be somewhere. There was over a month of debate on how these contests needed to be held.

5 Likes

It is all so tiresome.

6 Likes

This planet, these people…

4 Likes

Being hosted here and having to be an active member going through an activity checklist to vote here are two different things, and since we are much more fragmented now that makes it more of an issue than it otherwise would have been back in the day.

2 Likes

And BZP does not have an activity checklist?

3 Likes

Everyone was on back then like you stated, meanwhile there’s Facebook, Tumblr, Insta, 4chan, Discord etc. circles alongside this site. This late in the race, changing the rules seems uncalled for and lopsided in favor of on-site members.

2 Likes

Why wasn’t the vote held on Google Docs, then? Or made ranked and/or blind voting as a system before this started? I realize it is a major contest, but this could have all been solved by asking the community beforehand.

The reason people are bringing these issues up isn’t exactly because of actual concern. A major amount of the complaints stem from people who have previously brought up numerous, unrelated complaints towards a single, specific entry, and want to try every single method possible to have it lose. I realize that the contest has issues, but I am rather peeved at the fact that this has gone on for so long, and that changes to the contest are being made mid contest, in fact mid final phase.

Why not implement them in the art portion?

2 Likes

As is the sudden amount of new accounts suddenly dropping in this late during the race. Very peculiar. :thinking:

7 Likes

You have no way of telling who those people are or what their motive was. Ttv is not as popular as Bionicle is. Like, you can’t be serious.

4 Likes

I disagree, not only is there oftentimes a large influx of new voters during later stages of online polls, but an influx of more people voting is perfectly reasonable. This poll has been talked about in other circles, it of course will generate more voters. People who want a specific contestant to win will inevitably call upon others to vote, this is understandable and in fact is how real life elections proceed.

5 Likes

Then don’t use the forum all the time. Be here for 30 minutes, vote, leave.

It links to a primer which links to the Rules and Guidelines category.

No, we didn’t. If someone cares enough to vote, then you’re able to spend 30 minutes here.

Yup. Isn’t what we wanted to do, but it was something we had to do to address a quickly growing issue that resulted in the poll topic being temporarily closed. We don’t anticipate changes like this taking place during future contests.

No, it isn’t. I’m going to request you stop being hyperbolic and dramatic.

Because we have little control over Google Docs and it makes it hard to determine fraudulent voters.

Technical limitations. We’re looking into ranked, but we can not make it blind at this time.

We did.

Because it hasn’t started yet?

You’re right, which is why we’re still allowing them to vote - once they’ve spent the necessary amount of time here.

11 Likes