BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

I think you’re adding your own interpretations here.

Nowhere did Greg say Nidhiki was one consistent shade of green.
From context clues it’s pretty blatant what he means is that Nidhiki has no non-green secondary colour.

3 Likes

So the most strict canonical interpretation of Nidhiki would be this (except with a green mask and black shield chestplate) (and a scythe of course)

2 Likes

Here you go:
Birth of a Dark Hunter - Emerald Armor

“Toa Nidhiki leaped down and landed beside his comrade. His emerald armor was scarred and pitted from countless battles.”

“Nidhiki glanced from the new gash in his emerald armor to his foe.”

Emerald Mask

“8. was nidhiki’s voltiak silver?
8) Not to my knowledge, no, it would have been green.”

*"3. I just found out that Nidhiki’s Kanohi was emerald in color. Did all members of Lhikan’s Team have Gemstone/rare ore-colored kanohi, or is this just a random coincedence?

1. Emerald in this case is another word for green. We weren’t intending it as a rare Kanohi"*

Nidhiki is Mono-Green or “Emerald”. Look I originally wanted another color but as I said before, you can still draw in the lines and make something amazing.

2 Likes

Oh here you go:

Placeholder mask of course. Also as I said above the chest would be Metru as well

Here you go:

Screenshot 2021-07-28 144246

5 Likes

and he then said he also considers Lewa mono green, in the other quote you provided.

You can’t just pick and choose the pieces of evidence that support your side.

Mono-green means all green. It does not mean entirely the same shade of green.

EDIT: The quote Willes provided also shows that Emerald can refer to three different shades of green (Mata, Lime, Metru)

3 Likes

Look he also said he wasn’t dual-colored. If he meant dual colored he would have said “Nidhiki is dual-colored, like Lhikan”

Greg does not consider Lewa to be dual colored, as he states in the quote you provided

1 Like

I think Greg just didn’t think of other ways to describe Green tbh. From memory there are discrepancies when he is even describing existing characters, like the Lewa quote above.

It’s his writing style that he does not describe the visual elements in depth, which isn’t a bad thing per say but is hard for us visualising them years later.

I suspect most models will have black on them anyway as a secondary colour as it is more available for technic made areas.

8 Likes

This what I mean. Greg also dosent have the best track record of remembering things correctly like the whole “Rahi revived on the Red Star thing”

Really, what is the more sensible assumption here?

That Greg didn’t remember the colors of Lewa, one of the main six Toa?

Or that by “not dual-colored” he means “not silver/green”?

8 Likes

We know greg descirbes Lewa, a model consisting of lime and mata green as emerald armored

we have a quote where Greg describes Lewa as not being Dual colored

It’s pretty obvious in this case that by Dual-colored greg meant he had no non-elemental armor colour. as in no metallic armor like Lhikan who is the only benchmark he provides for what constitutes dual-coloured.

2 Likes

Uh Lewa has Metallic armor:
230px-CGI_Toa_Nuva_Lewa_Pose
Look this is just Occam’s Razor

Jumping in quickly to say, our stance is in agreement that Greg meant colors and not hues. Lewa is monochromatic, not dual colored. That is how Nidhiki would be interpreted. That said, people are welcome to enter Nidhiki’s with or without different hues.

22 Likes

I think thats the most reasonable way to go with it :raised_hands:t2:

2 Likes

Are you sure?

I don’t see any.

1 Like

Well there we have it. Thank you and the team for you’re hard work!

1 Like

Iun even wanna hear peopel mention the black or grey

2 Likes

I’m gonna stick with my design.
Good luck everyone and may the best Nidhiki win!

1 Like

Oh, feel free. I hope you weren’t taking this debate as us saying you should change your moc. Your moc is great :+1:

4 Likes